Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Literature > Lord of The Flies
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lovedontloveme

Lord of The Flies

I'm sure alot of you have read this, either for school or for your own leisure. What did you think of it? Like it, love it, or hated it? I thought it got quite erm.. horrific towards the end.. but I still liked it [: Very insightful. Poor poor piggy /:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-01-2002 06:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

i liked it too. the transition from the civilized people and the savages was done really well by golding.

if u read it on ur own then it provokes thought. thats what i did. but then when school teaches it, they make it look like the book sux. school teaches u to look at everything in the book thats not important.

Old Post 06-02-2002 02:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shoujo

i haven't read this book
what is it about?? i'll look it up in the library tomorrow hehehe

Old Post 06-03-2002 08:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shoujo Click here to Send shoujo a Private Message Find more posts by shoujo Add shoujo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

A group of British boys are being transported to a safe location during some war. The plane takes a hit during a battle and crashes onto an island. all the adults are killed, but all the boys are alive. Theyre about 5 to 13 years old.

Basically what happens through the book is that they set up their own society with their own rules. But then things start to happen that break up the society.

the whole book is a metaphor for the entire world and has insight on human nature. That no matter how civilized we are, we still will turn into these 'savages' and fight each other.

Old Post 06-03-2002 07:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

it was pretty good for a book that i was forced to read....i ended up reading it once in the 7th grade and then i read it again for my reading project this year,,

Old Post 06-03-2002 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dreamcatcher

uhh... I don't really remember it now cuz I read it when I was like... 10? But I remembered liking it a lot. Very interesting, but really negative. I guess that's the way it goes, though. Good book. I hope I never have to do it in school though because I'll probably end up hating it.

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
- Chinese Proverb

Old Post 06-05-2002 02:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dreamcatcher Click here to Send Dreamcatcher a Private Message Find more posts by Dreamcatcher Add Dreamcatcher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

it wuz very interesting. mai frend said it was scary wen i asked him bout it and i didn't understand how....but i think it's very insightful. i read it once for leisure and then for english class. a very good example of the political world and how society treats its vulnerable members.

Old Post 06-06-2002 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hoyoungz luv
eunice~

I read this for my English class. I had to write 12, can you believe that 12, essays analyzing the book.

I read the book 4 times before I understood it and started enjoying it. I guess I'm not too much of an adept reader; I did NOT understand the metaphors in the book until my 4th time around. When I didn't understand the book, I hated it. It seems horrible and depressing without a real reason behind it.

By my 4th time, I can't say I understood it completely, but I did understand most of it. It has so much more meaning to it than I originally thought. I really like the book now. Golding uses a lot of nice and vivid imagery which really adds a lot to the book. And the idea behind the story itself is so thought-provoking, well to me anyway.

come join the fun -> and ->

Old Post 06-07-2002 08:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hoyoungz luv Click here to Send hoyoungz luv a Private Message Find more posts by hoyoungz luv Add hoyoungz luv to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

I like the "The Simpsons" version of Lord of the Flies. It was funny. Lord of the Flies is one of my favorite books. It's graphic and poor kids. The ending was memorable when the kids got rescued.

Old Post 06-23-2002 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

this book is gay.
i read the book b4 school got out and its lame...da teacher made the book look like its the deepest book in library

jack...that red head faggot

Old Post 06-28-2002 07:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

uh, I've never read it before...kinda sounds like someone made it up after the movie Lord Of The Rings...the title anyways

Old Post 06-28-2002 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

actually this books like 90 years old

Old Post 06-28-2002 10:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff
actually this books like 90 years old

it's actually like only around 60. it was published in 1956. (had to do a research paper on it)

Old Post 06-29-2002 12:00 AM
storm

I haven't read it before but my friend has. she says it's really boring, but from what you ppl say it sounds pretty cool...I'll check it out soon

Old Post 07-17-2002 11:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for storm Click here to Send storm a Private Message Find more posts by storm Add storm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff
this book is gay.
i read the book b4 school got out and its lame...da teacher made the book look like its the deepest book in library

jack...that red head faggot

This guy knows what he's talking about. They were gay stupid morons. Humans are stupid by nature.

Old Post 07-17-2002 05:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote