Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > General > Questions and Comments > New Board
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chunhui

New Board

Hey Jusunlee, are you using VBulletin? Why not use Invisionboard? Its free and looks better.

Just my 2 cents.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2002 12:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chunhui Click here to Send Chunhui a Private Message Find more posts by Chunhui Add Chunhui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

yeah hes using vbulletin. i guess thats just the mans preference. and btw you can get any program free these days wit kazaa and cracks/serialz.

Old Post 09-19-2002 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chunhui

True, but it feels outdated. Theres alot of things you can do with Invisionboard.

Old Post 09-19-2002 02:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chunhui Click here to Send Chunhui a Private Message Find more posts by Chunhui Add Chunhui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

hmm mabe.. buh yea he might like vbulletin betta, or never used invisionboard.. try pming him, he probabli has his reasonz...

Old Post 09-19-2002 08:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chunhui

I did PM him, but he never responds back.

Old Post 09-19-2002 08:29 PM
micron
all i need is a miracle

umm. i never got your pm. and ive tried ikonboard starting back in the version2 days. so i can pretty much say im old school with that forum software and was around when matt (developer for ikonboard3) left javis and created his own company and board (ibforums) because of a dispute.

ibforums is a great forums software. but in the past, ikonboard(2,3) was infamous for being a cpu hog (even with mysql db backend). ibforums (which like vb is programmed with php) suffers from the same predicament and puts more load on the processor than vbulliten.

so thats why im using vbulletin.

Old Post 09-19-2002 10:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Koreanman

Heres another reason , or number 1 reason why i hate VB. It keeps messing around with my username. I think this is my 3rd time changing my username due to the invalid message.

When i tried to log in it gave me this message

Error : Invalid User. Please contact the administrator for assistance.

I deleted my cookies and logged out. Plus, im using my home computer. Whats wrong? I hope it won't happen again.

Old Post 09-20-2002 02:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Koreanman Click here to Send Koreanman a Private Message Find more posts by Koreanman Add Koreanman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LiL_HyeSung
AnNa [s2] Hi3n

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee

ibforums is a great forums software. but in the past, ikonboard(2,3) was infamous for being a cpu hog (even with mysql db backend). ibforums (which like vb is programmed with php) suffers from the same predicament and puts more load on the processor than vbulliten.

ummz....rite....did not get one word u sed..

Old Post 09-21-2002 03:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LiL_HyeSung Click here to Send LiL_HyeSung a Private Message Visit LiL_HyeSung's homepage! Find more posts by LiL_HyeSung Add LiL_HyeSung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ace of Pace

quote:
umm. i never got your pm.

I can see that this forum software is much better all right.

Old Post 10-04-2002 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ace of Pace Click here to Send Ace of Pace a Private Message Find more posts by Ace of Pace Add Ace of Pace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

why does this nigga have so many damn sns? whats the purpose

Old Post 10-04-2002 09:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

eeeww....no invision board is dirty...no...eeww.....

go UBB..heh. actually like VB better but the UBB CP is better than the VB CP

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 10-05-2002 04:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sungkim

quote:
umm. i never got your pm. and ive tried ikonboard starting back in the version2 days. so i can pretty much say im old school with that forum software and was around when matt (developer for ikonboard3) left javis and created his own company and board (ibforums) because of a dispute.

There are reasons why vB is better than IB and why IB is better than vB but what you're saying is definitely not one of them. Ibforums does not suffer the same predicament as Ikon and it definitely does not put more load than vBulletin. Many people have tested the performance and so have I. Ibforums always beats vBulletin in terms of performance, especially at high usage. I have numerous clients with vB and iB installs and I'll tell you right now as a server administrator, vB puts more toll on the server than iB.... I would estimate approximately 10-20% more...

Old Post 10-15-2002 03:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sungkim Click here to Send sungkim a Private Message Find more posts by sungkim Add sungkim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

thanks for your input. i was thinking of switching to ibforums once v1.1 comes out and now you've made my resolution to do so stronger.

Old Post 10-16-2002 07:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

when will the new boards be installed? n is it also gonna cause some downtime?

Old Post 10-18-2002 07:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sungkim

Sometime after October 29th when Invision Board v1.1 is being released...

Old Post 10-22-2002 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sungkim Click here to Send sungkim a Private Message Find more posts by sungkim Add sungkim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote