Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Global Warming: A cycle of gaia, or the real deal
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Global Warming: A cycle of gaia, or the real deal

what does everyone think.

I honestly believe global warming is happening, though people have contrasting points of view. Of how the oceans have to rise every so often in order to balance out with gaia and stuff.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-26-2002 11:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

we'll just have to wait and see. it doesn't really matter, cuz either way we're screwed.

Old Post 04-27-2002 12:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

o now after the damage is done and that we r screwed we actually care. welcome to society where after a skool shooting happens people actually think ok somethin was wrong wit that kid.

Old Post 04-27-2002 05:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

but we might not be the ones causing it. this might be some type of change for the earth. Like the Ice Age, this could be some sort of Heat Age. but still, we're all screwed.

Old Post 04-28-2002 03:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

If nano tech ever progresses enough, you think we could repair the ozone, and it wouldn't matter anymore? Hm hm, either way overpopulation's gonna take its course by then i think.

Old Post 04-28-2002 08:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

doesnt it also concern bout the hole(?) in the ozone or w.e? mollA

Old Post 04-28-2002 10:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

electricity causes chemical reacitons to form ozone

if we build a giant tesla coil in antarctica we could repair the ozone layer and solve this problem

Old Post 04-28-2002 10:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

then theres always the fact that we are constantly destroying the ozone with the biggest contributor to the problem: Carbon Dioxide emmision, not carbon monoxide (though thats bad too). Anyway, i read somewhere that in australia a big problem is the overabundance of cows leaves them to release massive amounts of gas that also contribute heavily to the ozone hole. So it's not all bout technology...maybe we should just do something about the animals haha (refer to my animal rights post in the debate forum).

Old Post 04-28-2002 06:38 PM
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Anyway, i read somewhere that in australia a big problem is the overabundance of cows leaves them to release massive amounts of gas that also contribute heavily to the ozone hole. So it's not all bout technology...maybe we should just do something about the animals haha (refer to my animal rights post in the debate forum).

were those cow leaves naturally there or were they put their by settlers? if it was put their by settlers then WE are still the problem.

Old Post 04-29-2002 10:27 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Don't know, but if we did put them there WE are the problem only INDIRECTLY. It's not like we can FIX it, because since we put them there they are PART of the environment, so WE can't do anything about it, and blame won't do anything bout it. So THEY still are a big part of the problem because THEY are doing it right now, and IF we did put them there then WE are only the problem in that we instigated it, and WE aren't doing anything to further cause it right now. Yeah, i overdid the capitalization

Anyway the point was that human progression of technology is not the only problem enervating the situation of the ozone. It wasn't about whose fault it was in the beginning. Cause we don't have a whole lot of control over what cows do but we do over what we do.

Old Post 04-29-2002 10:37 AM
panda boi
im a boy

to solve the problem, you will have to:
1. get rid of all styrofoams (i think thats the spelling, its those white thingies.)
why are they a problem you ask? unlike all other material on earth, styrofoam can not dissinigrate (wrong spelling i think. gotta learn how to spell its like water evaporating but with solid objects...u know like paper)
2. stop eating cows
if people didnt eat cows and have such a high demand for cows, then farmers in australia wouldnt grow cows and the rain forest problem will be partly solved because they wont have to destroy as much land to make land for those damn cows (even though i like hamburgers and steak -.-;;)

credits to sHiNHaWk

Old Post 05-01-2002 04:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for panda boi Click here to Send panda boi a Private Message Find more posts by panda boi Add panda boi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
then theres always the fact that we are constantly destroying the ozone with the biggest contributor to the problem: Carbon Dioxide emmision, not carbon monoxide (though thats bad too). Anyway, i read somewhere that in australia a big problem is the overabundance of cows leaves them to release massive amounts of gas that also contribute heavily to the ozone hole. So it's not all bout technology...maybe we should just do something about the animals haha (refer to my animal rights post in the debate forum).

yo dave, you know thats a aff case. Its hella funny...cows continue to multiply due to our reliance on beef, cows destroy o-zone layer, then world will be destroyed.

but dat takes a while, so then people just throw out a timeframe arg

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

haha, thats hilarious. Wonder how far those teams get with that case. I never faced this DA, but people were telling me of an ANWR DA where something (don't remember) leads to us drilling in ANWR reserve in Alaska, and by drilling up alaska we end up with mass extinction of the Caribou species for the impacts. That might have been all it was haha, but the people telling me about it was my coach who sadly...doesn't know what she's talking about so since she didn't understand the DA i had to piece it together

Old Post 05-03-2002 05:31 PM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

awww damn, i hit a team that ran ANWr against us. Unfortunately, they were the number 1 or 2 seed at the tournament (Berkeley) so needless to say...we got our asses kicked by this DA. They were so damn good, they even made me believe them...argh..

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-03-2002 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote