Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > the bible...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

the bible...

when did they start working on the bible?
and how the fuck did the europeans translate the bible?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-15-2002 07:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

i think the most widely used version of the bible is the King James version, in which a british king, King James assembled many scholars, theologians, etc. in order to have a better version of it. I forgot the whole info behind it..
but it's been worked upon for a long time...

Old Post 05-15-2002 05:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

Re: the bible...

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider
when did they start working on the bible?
and how the fuck did the europeans translate the bible?

i dunno about WHEN.... but up to revelations... it's still kind of near jesus's time... but since... uh the beginning of time it's been kinda written out... so i guess a long time

but translating? i mean... just get someone who knows the language it was first written in and also the language they wanted it translated into? or get a lot of ppl like them.. i don't think it would be THAT hard to translate it....
i mean.... the entire harry potter series was translated into korean and like a ton of other languages so..... haha
not that i'm comparing the content of harry potter to the bible.. but uh..... okay ^^... haha i'm just saying it's not that hard to translate stuff.....i do it all the time with krn music news into english...

Old Post 05-15-2002 06:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

nobody knows who started writing the bible, but tradition says moses wrote the first 5 books, genesis-deuteronomy.

Old Post 05-15-2002 07:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heyitsdean

The jewish bible, which is the Written Torah complemented by The Oral toarah is the word of god, given to moses on mount Siani. This is the Christian New Testament.

Old Post 05-16-2002 04:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for heyitsdean Click here to Send heyitsdean a Private Message Find more posts by heyitsdean Add heyitsdean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by heyitsdean
The jewish bible, which is the Written Torah complemented by The Oral toarah is the word of god, given to moses on mount Siani. This is the Christian New Testament.

actually its old testament.

Old Post 05-17-2002 09:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote