Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > waste
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tm11
down by law

waste

does anyone use this program? a couple of friends of mine introduced it to me, and it seems pretty tight.
Waste is a program that was distributed by one of nullsoft's programmer's on the nullsoft site one day without their permission, and he also distributed the source code for it as well. It allows for secure transmissions of files between people, so it allows you to have a network of people from whom you may access files, and they may access your files as well.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-02-2003 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

Re: waste

quote:
Originally posted by tm11
does anyone use this program? a couple of friends of mine introduced it to me, and it seems pretty tight.
Waste is a program that was distributed by one of nullsoft's programmer's on the nullsoft site one day without their permission, and he also distributed the source code for it as well. It allows for secure transmissions of files between people, so it allows you to have a network of people from whom you may access files, and they may access your files as well.

yeah this is kinda like gnutella, nullsoft didn't want it released but somehow it was. it's a really cool idea, only the people in the transfer can see what's going on i think, like a private room for dealing stuff you wouldn't want people finding out about, in this case, mp3's, warez etc. i forgot what W.A.S.T.E stood for though.

Old Post 12-02-2003 09:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

The name of this program is not an acronym, perhaps you're confusing it with something else. It was released by the programmer of WASTE through the nullsoft site, and as it was unauthorized by nullsoft they cut it off ASAP.

This site has a download and installation instructions... check it out, if you wanna get on i'm in a small network of people, and I can give you the name.

Last edited by tm11 on 12-02-2003 at 10:11 PM

Old Post 12-02-2003 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by tm11
check it out, if you wanna get on i'm in a small network of people, and I can give you the name.

sure why not

Old Post 12-05-2003 11:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote