Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > My Daddy, My Hero
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

My Daddy, My Hero

When I was younger, I never realized all the things that I put my Daddy through. I have caused him so much depression and problems. Not because I was a bad girl, sick, or any reason like that. It was because of a divorce that my parents had gone through. I was too young to remember anything about the divorce but there are a couple situations that I remember very little about.

I remember in the Summer of 1997 when I went to visit my Mother in Stockton, California. My Mother and her new husband came to pick my two younger sisters and I up to go live with them for the Summer. We were all excited, not knowing what was going to happen to us and all the sad feelings that my Daddy had felt when they came to pick us up. We loaded quick into the car without a "Good-Bye" to my Daddy and a hug or a kiss. Maybe that was because Asian Fathers don't show affection to their kids and kids don't show affection to their Fathers. Or I was just too young to know any better.
Our Summer with my Mother was great! We did a lot of things like going to Chinatown in San Francisco, driving through the Golden Gate Bridge, swimming, having a bake sale, and a lot of other fun things. We were little kids, we didn't know what was real fun and what was not. But during our time there, my Mother had filled our heads with things that could never become true. She made us want to stay with her, as if she had poisoned us with dreams and fantasies that we thought would become true if we stayed with her.
My Mother wanted custody of the three of us so much that she made us tell lies to everyone about how my Daddy beat us up and how we were sexually abused by my Uncle on my Daddy's side. I didn't know any better and with all those fantasies that I thought could happen if I lived with her, I lied. What's a little ignorant girl supposed to understand?
The news reached my Daddy and the Summer was almost over. My Daddy was outraged at how my Mother had literally brain-washed us and decided that he would make the trip to Stockton, California and return us back to home.

The story goes on and on and on, but I never knew how much suffering my Daddy had to go through. As I sit here and gather my thoughts, I realize that my Mother was never here for us when we needed her the most, she abandoned us without ever thinking about how we would grow up without her, and she didn't want us in the first place, so why did she want us then?
I'm extremely sorry for all the suffering I have put my Daddy through. If there was a way that I could take back what I did, I definitely would. I have just put him through so much, and I would say but the list is so long. It includes more situations like the one I explained, being disobedient, and just being the child of his ex-wife.
I realize that my Daddy will always be there, never abandon me, and love me no matter what. I just wish I would have realized this sooner, so he wouldn't have had to go through what he did. It's just so hard to explain to him how happy I am to have a Daddy like him. I wouldn't trade him for any other Father.
I'm extremely grateful that God blessed me with such a great man, role-model, and Daddy. My Daddy is my hero.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-14-2002 07:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeNyA
swt_krn_grl

:)

Thats really so sweet and at the same time so sad I`ve never thought how`s feel ppl whose parrents r devorced. Thats really a tragedy for a child. But i`m really glad for u that u have such great love to ur father. i love my father too, so much and my mommy i can`t understand why ur mother lied u and ur sisters ... i think she just loves u so much that she didn`t want to live without u and ur sisters. And why u think she didn`t want u?well anyway u know it better :) i`m really feel pity about what u went frough.

Old Post 12-14-2002 07:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeNyA Click here to Send JeNyA a Private Message Find more posts by JeNyA Add JeNyA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

omg... so GAM DONG SUH RUH WUH!

your dad's lucky to have a child like you... wish all children realize the big n lil things that their parents did for them

Old Post 12-15-2002 01:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

ahh. that was so sweet and touching. like klumzy said, your dad's really lucky to have a daughter like you ;]

Old Post 12-15-2002 01:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

o...that makes me feel so sad bout all the things i've ever pissed mai dad off about.. i wish i cud be a good daughter and appreciate him as much as u do ur dad. thnx for opening mai eyes and showin me how lucki i am to hav a great dad too.

Old Post 12-15-2002 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

thanks you guys... I just had to let it out and sometimes strangers are just the best listeners...

it is hard for me though... I wanna tell him how much I love and appreciate that I have him in my life, but it's just so hard... I don't feel comfortable telling him and I guess I'm that way because he raised me up to think that showing affection within the family is not right...

mebbe one day I can break that barrier and show him the affection... who knows

Old Post 12-15-2002 02:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay

mebbe one day I can break that barrier and show him the affection... who knows

amen to that, i hope i can do that too

Old Post 12-15-2002 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M119A423
. : . S a n t o k i . : .

aww thatz so sweet

AIM s/n: SelfishlyGone621

I LUB YU ~A.Y~

Old Post 12-16-2002 02:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for M119A423 Click here to Send M119A423 a Private Message Find more posts by M119A423 Add M119A423 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

quote:
it is hard for me though... I wanna tell him how much I love and appreciate that I have him in my life, but it's just so hard... I don't feel comfortable telling him and I guess I'm that way because he raised me up to think that showing affection within the family is not right...

that is soo true. i hav a hard time comin rite out and tellin mai dad i luv him cuz it feels so awkward :/ he never sez that to me either. but it's mutual...we both noe we luv each othr a lot and stuff. juss hard to express in words

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

I'm so glad that I'm not the only person who feels this way...

The other day, my sister asked my mom for some money and she said she didn't have any and for my sister to ask my Daddy. So my sister asked my Daddy and he said that mom DID have money. My sister went back to ask my mom and she said that she doesn't have any, again. So... she went back to my Daddy and told him. He gave her the ATM card and told her to get some money with the card and that I knew the code.

My sister came up to me and told me what had happened and I was outraged. First, because I KNEW that my mom had money with her because we had just gone to the bank together and she just cashed in her check. I watched the teller give my mom her couple hundred bucks... made me so angry. And she said she didn't have any! ARGH!

Then, I became sad... because my Daddy would do anything for my sisters and I. I was talking to my aunt about the situation (my aunt's and I are close) and I started bawling my eyes out! I told her that I felt sorry for my Daddy and that sometimes I wish I was never here because I know that everytime my Daddy looks at me, he sees my Mother. I hate bestowing something that sad on him... argh...

I am so happy I have people like you guys who can listen to my family rantings. I've just shut it in too long and I finally found a place that I can just spill it out and not have to worry about anything! thanks^^

Old Post 12-17-2002 05:27 PM
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

wow such a nice father!!

my father doesnt even remember my birthday.

Old Post 12-18-2002 04:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

quote:
Originally posted by rhymester*

mai dad duzn't noe how old mai sister is haha

quote:
I wish I was never here because I know that everytime my Daddy looks at me, he sees my Mother. I hate bestowing something that sad on him... argh...

aiyah dun say that!! it's not ur fault u look like ur mom, if thaz wut u mean. and that money thing is messed up...if i had a mom like that, i'd nevr ask her for nethin agen

Old Post 12-20-2002 02:14 AM
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

my dad is lazy -_- when he's watching TV he calles me over from the other room (i'm thinking it's important) he says "can you turn up my volume for me?"

also he smokes alot esp in the car so when i roll with him he breaths his smoke all over my face he do't even roll down the window -_- he gonna kill me with second hand smoking
he also get mad at me after he wakes up fro a nap he starts yelling at me for no reason -_- so yea i don't talk to him no moe

Old Post 12-26-2002 11:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

wow, you have such a great dad julie

haha, i really hate my dad. I can use that word too, i just had another reminder of why too hehehe . But, i'm happy for you! Haha, alex! my dad does that too, exempting the smoking business.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 12-27-2002 at 08:03 PM

Old Post 12-27-2002 04:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JuJu
shaKe :: sHake

thats sooo swt :]

quote:
Originally posted by rhymester*
wow such a nice father!!

mi dad dosnt remember mine either... ¬__¬

Old Post 12-27-2002 04:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JuJu Click here to Send JuJu a Private Message Find more posts by JuJu Add JuJu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

lol~ what is with most fathers these days?? they could at least remember their children's birthdays..tsk tsk tsk

Old Post 12-27-2002 06:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeNyA
swt_krn_grl

hah

quote:
Originally posted by niggoreanboi
my dad is lazy -_- when he's watching TV he calles me over from the other room (i'm thinking it's important) he says "can you turn up my volume for me?"

hah the same here hehe
but my father is not lazy he just jokes in such way and i luv him so much!!!!!! and we r really close to each other!!!!!!

Old Post 12-27-2002 05:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeNyA Click here to Send JeNyA a Private Message Find more posts by JeNyA Add JeNyA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

quote:
Originally posted by niggoreanboi

mai dad duz that too. "throw away these orange peels. go get mai tea out of the microwave. bring my slippers down from mai bedroom. do this and that." but i dun mind that much cuz i tell him to do the same. it's mutual haha. i tell him to pour me orange juice and peel mai eggs and get a fork or sumtin.

Old Post 12-28-2002 12:12 AM
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
mai dad duz that too. "throw away these orange peels. go get mai tea out of the microwave. bring my slippers down from mai bedroom. do this and that." but i dun mind that much cuz i tell him to do the same. it's mutual haha. i tell him to pour me orange juice and peel mai eggs and get a fork or sumtin.

i don't do that if i tell him t do something he says "that why you have hands go do it yourself"

Old Post 12-28-2002 01:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KpSwEeTiE143

i barely talk to either of my parents..they alwaiz argue n stuff and my mom is more of the person who tells me to turn down the volume on the tv get her water n stuff like that my dad is usually in his room... but sumtimes we hang out
me n my dad are getting along a little better but i dunno he always takes my moms "side" when it comes to arguements whih aint right

Old Post 12-29-2002 04:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KpSwEeTiE143 Click here to Send KpSwEeTiE143 a Private Message Visit KpSwEeTiE143's homepage! Find more posts by KpSwEeTiE143 Add KpSwEeTiE143 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote