Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > Love
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Queeny

Love

what is love?

Are your palms sweaty?...is your heart racing? and your voice caught within your chest?
~it isnt love, its like

you can’t keep your eyes or hands off of them, am i rite?
~~it isnt love, its lust

are you proud, and eager to show them off?
~~it isnt love, its luck

do you want them because you know they`re there?
~~it isnt love, its loneliness

are you there because its what everyone wants?
~~it isnt love, its loyalty

does your heart ache and break when they`re sad? .
~then its love

do you cry for their pain, even when they`re strong? .
~then its love

do their eyes see your true heart, and touch your soul so deeply it hurts? .
~then its love

do you stay for their confessions of love, because you don`t want to hurt them?
~it isnt love, its pity

are you there because they kissed you, or held your hand? .
~it isnt love, its unconfidence

do you belong to them because their sight makes your heart skip a beat?
~it isnt love, its infatuation

but do you stay because of a blinding, incomprehensible mix of pain and elation pulls you close and hold you?
~then its love

do you pardon their faults because you care about them?
~it isnt love, its friendship

do you accept their faults because they`re apart of who they are?
~then its love

do you tell them everyday they are the only one you think of?
~it isnt love, its a lie

are you attracted to others, but stay with them faithfully without regret?
~then its love

would you willing to give all of your favorite things for their sake?
~it isnt love, its charity

would you give them your heart, your life, your death?
~then its love

now, if love is painful, and tortures us so, why do we love?

why is it all we search for it in life?
this pain,this agony?
why is it all we long for?
this torture, this powerful death of self?

just why?

because its...

Last edited by Queeny on 07-21-2003 at 01:35 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-21-2003 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Queeny Click here to Send Queeny a Private Message Visit Queeny's homepage! Find more posts by Queeny Add Queeny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneWeCallOMEGA

We don't long for any pain. We long for everything not painful on that list and call the mixture love. Love is only the title, nothing with any real meaning.

The idea most have on "love" is comforting, but only a fantasy and non-realistic from my perspective.

There is only pain and pleasure, we strive for pleasure, and try to avoid the pain.

That's the simple truth.

Old Post 07-21-2003 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for OneWeCallOMEGA Click here to Send OneWeCallOMEGA a Private Message Find more posts by OneWeCallOMEGA Add OneWeCallOMEGA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

because its... i duno its just how it is
people don't want to be lonly i guess *shurgs*

Old Post 07-21-2003 08:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Queeny

not ALL people go for pleasure because sometimes pain is pleasure...its just ur own opinion and how u feel about it...

Old Post 07-21-2003 09:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Queeny Click here to Send Queeny a Private Message Visit Queeny's homepage! Find more posts by Queeny Add Queeny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneWeCallOMEGA

quote:
Originally posted by Queeny
not ALL people go for pleasure because sometimes pain is pleasure...its just ur own opinion and how u feel about it...

That all depends on what one defines as pain and what one defines as pleasure, or if a certain pain brings forth a certain pleasure. No one wants constant pain, but pain is what builds us and makes us stronger with more endurance.

Old Post 07-23-2003 03:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for OneWeCallOMEGA Click here to Send OneWeCallOMEGA a Private Message Find more posts by OneWeCallOMEGA Add OneWeCallOMEGA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

generalizations, all of those.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-23-2003 04:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Queeny

yeah but some people can relate to them..obviously the one that wrote it did...and if u look at the bottom
there are 3 period marks...open ending...

Old Post 07-24-2003 05:51 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

i stopped searching. i feel its pointless. no im not some pussy thats been pushed 2 the ground by it alot of times. i just feel that i dont need it. alot of people say they "need" someone to love and someone that loves them. i dunno being alone works fine for me.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-24-2003 07:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
yeah but some people can relate to them..obviously the one that wrote it did...and if u look at the bottom
there are 3 period marks...open ending...

he's(could be a she, but i'm settling with the masculine pronoun for now) speaking for himself and yet he uses absolutes while making his conclusions. Perhaps I'm being nitpicky but he's simply being presumptuous.
The ellipsis has nothing to do with my point.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-24-2003 08:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Queeny

you can think of it as a gathering of many peoples insight on what they think is love and waht they think is not.

Old Post 07-24-2003 09:04 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
you can think of it as a gathering of many peoples insight on what they think is love and waht they think is not.

perhaps, but it crosses the line when these people or this person starts telling others what love is, what lust is etc. in a definitive tone.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-24-2003 09:15 AM
Queeny

he/she is not telling others what love is...its a gathering of what HE/SHE feels of what love ought to be..he/she is just stating the facts of one's experience.

Old Post 07-25-2003 05:56 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

yo debtor and queeny chill. debtor just try and answer the thread witout pickin on "generalization" cause wat else can she do? i mean if its a majority of people then w.e if not w.e just answer it instead of killin the thread plz.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-25-2003 08:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
he/she is not telling others what love is...its a gathering of what HE/SHE feels of what love ought to be..he/she is just stating the facts of one's experience.

then he/she should have made that clear instead of launching into phrases with all-encompassing "you"s and "we"s. I believe this answers your post as well, aznkid, with respect to the "what could she have done."

btw, what in the world is 'w.e' supposed to mean/stand for.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-25-2003 08:26 AM
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
then he/she should have made that clear instead of launching into phrases with all-encompassing "you"s and "we"s. I believe this answers your post as well, aznkid, with respect to the "what could she have done."

btw, what in the world is 'w.e' supposed to mean/stand for.

i think w.e means "whatever". altho most ppl use "w/e" instead of "w.e"

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 07-25-2003 02:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

hmmm... *sings* WHAT IS LOVE BABY DON'T HURT ME DON'T HURT ME NO MORE

Old Post 07-25-2003 07:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
he's(could be a she, but i'm settling with the masculine pronoun for now)

Spivak's gender neutral pronouns , just something i thought you might be interested. I have heard two different versions of the he/she replacement, i have heard "Sie" and then on this site and many others (in fact more often) i see the use of "e" more often. Anyway, enjoy anyone who checks out the site.

He cowrote a book with Derrida relating to this matter i think called "Of Grammatology."

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 07-25-2003 at 08:18 PM

Old Post 07-25-2003 07:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Queeny

hey i aint sexist......and it was just a FRIGGIN POEM~! gosh all thsee damn instigators...

Old Post 07-30-2003 10:42 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

poor queeny. You really do, do it to yourself.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 08-09-2003 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
poor queeny. You really do, do it to yourself.

how? all she did is post something that she wanted to, and try to backup up what she thinks about it.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 08-12-2003 03:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote