Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > TV and Movies > the passion of the christ
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

the passion of the christ

i am intensely curious about this movie and i definitely plan on seeing it. there's so much controversy about it, but if it really does depict jesus' life like it really happened - which it's supposed to - i don't see how it could be controversial at all. i just watched ebert and roeper's review and they both said it was historically accurate and didn't delineate jewish people in a negative aspect at all. i guess i can't say for myself until i see it, but really, i think a lot of people are making a huge fuss out of nothing.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-22-2004 01:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

my cousin wants 2 go see it... heard alot of different thing about it...

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 02-22-2004 05:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

yeah wanna see it too. CNN, dateline, and a bunch of others did a special on it. didnt get to watch those tho but i'll watch the movie.

Old Post 02-23-2004 05:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

i already saw it
powerful...
nobody talked... after the movie... dead silence...
during the movie...
no small discussions at all...
when u see it, ull know what i mean.

bring tissues too

Old Post 02-27-2004 02:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

I had watched this movie thinking it was about the life of Jesus. Boy was i wrong. Didn't dislike it. Didn't love it. Just take it for what it is... the last days of Jesus and you won't be disappointed. For all you non=christians and the weak stomachs out there..... you might want to hold out on this one. Has no real beginning and ending so it might be kind of tough to follow if you aren't familiar with the story and it has a looooooooot of blood, gore and brutality. I suggest you DO watch this movie just for the visual experience of what ' Passion ' really means.... not so much love.... but pain.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 02-27-2004 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

this was not a movie, it was an experience. this movie took me in and put me in front of the crowd, and let me watch Jesus get tortured. i found myself telling the soldiers to stop. my friends said my eyes were red after the movie, and i just couldn't talk after the movie. all i kept thinking about was, "wow, he loved us...ALOT"

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 02-27-2004 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

I had watched this movie thinking it was about the life of Jesus. Boy was i wrong. Didn't dislike it. Didn't love it. Just take it for what it is... the last days of Jesus and you won't be disappointed. For all you non=christians and the weak stomachs out there..... you might want to hold out on this one. Has no real beginning and ending so it might be kind of tough to follow if you aren't familiar with the story and it has a looooooooot of blood, gore and brutality. I suggest you DO watch this movie just for the visual experience of what ' Passion ' really means.... not so much love.... but pain.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 02-27-2004 11:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

im prob gonna watch this movie sometime this weekend..if not then maybe next

Old Post 02-27-2004 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

watched it today and it was pretty strong, it wasnt the best movie but it wasn't horrible, far from it. It really changed my mind seeing what he did for us... if it did really look like this. I do suggest watching this

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 02-28-2004 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

I saw this movie yesterday and all i have to say after was: "Wow, Jesus got his ass kicked."

Basically all this movie is trying to do is make christians have a stronger faith in jesus because he got the shit kicked out of him but still prayed for those who were beating the shit out of him, and portray the jews as assholes. But i dont have any problems with that seeing that im not jewish. Mel Gibson is a pretentious aussie fuck who needed a career jump start because he was staring in wash-up films like 'Signs'. Really, if this movie had no tagline relating to the last days of Jesus christ, no one would see this movie, and im sure no 50 year old women would 'die' after seeing it after. Its all a publicity stunt, and when over righteous pope-wannabes start screaming how 'Jesus is real, and jesus will save us all' at the end of this movie in the movie theatre, i was ready to punch him in the fucking face. Keep that shit for Sunday you fucking moron, i payed 9 bucks for jesus getting the shit kicked out of him, not some over zealous moron telling me everything is going to be allright.

Old Post 02-28-2004 01:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i just saw it today and i have to say it was very very powerful. i cried practically through the whole thing, and my left contact fell out. even so, i thot it was a beautiful movie in a technical sense - the cinematography, the acting, the sound, the sets - all of it was very nicely done. what i was completely unprepared for was satan and the devils - those things scared the crap outta me!!! nobody said it was scary. i guess it shocked me in the same way people were surprised at how scary the lord of the rings was. anyway, i really like this movie, but it's definitely for mature audiences. i saw some 7-yr old kid in there and i was thinking "what are you doing here??"

Old Post 02-29-2004 06:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sweetthing

i just dont understand why people are talking so much about "blame" supposingly the movie insinuates "blame" on the Jewish people.................
I say who cares!!!!
Jesus was supposed to die no matter what
It was planned
It was destined
I just can't wait to see it................hopefully sometime this week

Old Post 03-01-2004 07:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sweetthing Click here to Send sweetthing a Private Message Find more posts by sweetthing Add sweetthing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronnn
Suby!

this movie stirred up a huge controversy. i kinda have to agree with AJY. yeah my first and last time im probably going to agree with that guy. heh.

i'll say that i'm a true christian, but i need this get this out. i personally didnt want to watch this. but i had to see what it was really like. it was 2 hours of Jesus getting brutally beaten. it's hard to see the whole point of the movie, only when the movie cuts back to Jesus Last Supper.. yeah alright, that's cool and everything, but all of you guys cried after watching a movie? after this whole thing went to Hollywood, then people will become stronger believers? kinda sad isnt it? first of all, we should've all been strong believers before the movie itself.. but instead, we go in there saying oh we're christians.. look Jesus is getting beaten.. then we all start crying? Jesus already died for us. He died a long time ago. ask yourselves this, "did that movie really change the way i think about Jesus?" yeah, its a good movie, but that's it. its a movie that Mel Gibson made and all it seems to be doing is, he's making money off Jesus. he packed in 120 million in the first 7 days alone. beating out Lord of the Ring which took about 3 weeks to get in that much money.

i dont know guys.. does this really mean that the Media/Hollywood's message has greater influence than the Pastor's, Preacher's, Reverend's, church's interpretation about the Word of Christ?

Old Post 03-07-2004 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronnn Click here to Send aaronnn a Private Message Find more posts by aaronnn Add aaronnn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AzNmAgE
Lord of the RO

i think that this movie just made people think again, it reminded people of what jesus really did for us, sorta like a little reminder by getting slapped in the face sorta thing. IMO it was very graphic, especially the scourging at the pillar.

I think mel just wanted to exaggerate his point so that no1 would miss it, that jesus was brutally tortured and killed for us and our sins. it COULD be a publicity stunt for a washed up actor, but there is a good by product of it, people come out with stronger feelings. As for the whole jewish thing...wasn't it the rabbi's who persecuted jesus? and the people just followed along. remember, rabbi's had a large influence on the people at that time....

Old Post 03-08-2004 03:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AzNmAgE Click here to Send AzNmAgE a Private Message Find more posts by AzNmAgE Add AzNmAgE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
Originally posted by aaronnn
this movie stirred up a huge controversy. i kinda have to agree with AJY. yeah my first and last time im probably going to agree with that guy. heh.

i'll say that i'm a true christian, but i need this get this out. i personally didnt want to watch this. but i had to see what it was really like. it was 2 hours of Jesus getting brutally beaten. it's hard to see the whole point of the movie, only when the movie cuts back to Jesus Last Supper.. yeah alright, that's cool and everything, but all of you guys cried after watching a movie? after this whole thing went to Hollywood, then people will become stronger believers? kinda sad isnt it? first of all, we should've all been strong believers before the movie itself.. but instead, we go in there saying oh we're christians.. look Jesus is getting beaten.. then we all start crying? Jesus already died for us. He died a long time ago. ask yourselves this, "did that movie really change the way i think about Jesus?" yeah, its a good movie, but that's it. its a movie that Mel Gibson made and all it seems to be doing is, he's making money off Jesus. he packed in 120 million in the first 7 days alone. beating out Lord of the Ring which took about 3 weeks to get in that much money.

i dont know guys.. does this really mean that the Media/Hollywood's message has greater influence than the Pastor's, Preacher's, Reverend's, church's interpretation about the Word of Christ?

it is kinda sad that it took a movie to make people realize wat Jesus did for us. as for me, it DID change my way about how i viewed Jesus, i mean, yea, there are picture books and the bible describing the torture that Jesus went through, but seeing it is a whole different story. Did u actually cry wen you accept him as your savior? I didn't because i had nothing etched in my mind about it except for wat is written in the bible. Yes, he died a long time ago, but that still carries on today.

The media DOES have a greater influence than Pastor's and Preachers. IWe are visual creatures. ts kinda sad, but its true. but God DOES work in mysterious ways....or have you forgotten that?

btw, i dont think that Mel Gibson made this movie to make money. He was a great actor, and I'm sure he has more money than he needs. I think that he's just a devout christian who wanted his beliefs be seen by other people.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 03-08-2004 04:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H2oBaebe

the romans killed jesus.

Old Post 03-08-2004 08:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for H2oBaebe Click here to Send H2oBaebe a Private Message Find more posts by H2oBaebe Add H2oBaebe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

An experience?

What, exactly, was the experience in it? Jesus' teachings seemed kinda thrown in there so it wasn't a religious experience.

It was a bloodbath, that's it. Jesus got his ass kicked, as a few people in this thread have said. That's all that the movie was really about. Yes, that shows his devotion: he was willing to get his ass kicked for mankind and all that. But the movie itself seemed to focus more on him getting his ass kicked than on him saving the earth. I mean really: after the first few lashes, was it necessary to SHOW him being beaten over and over again? Was it necessary to SHOW his hands being naileed to the cross?

I liked the movie, don't get me wrong. But I think anyone who gets any major religious feelings out of this is either 1) kidding himself or 2) already deeply religious.

Old Post 03-08-2004 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sunchyne420

passion of christ

I went and saw the Passion of christ not knowing what I was getting in to. I was raised in a religous household but no matter what I was taught I had no idea what to believe. When I saw that movie I was horrified, confused, lost and HURT. You can read 5 versions of the bible but to actually see what christ went through was appalling..... Imagine going through the beating and the hate that one single man went through. He was beaten and beaten but still continued to get up. All for his beliefs, all for the good of man kind. If the bible is true why would someone do that for you...for me... for anyone???? It really makes me think.

Old Post 03-10-2004 07:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sunchyne420 Click here to Send sunchyne420 a Private Message Find more posts by sunchyne420 Add sunchyne420 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronnn
Suby!

Re: passion of christ

quote:
Originally posted by sunchyne420
If the bible is true why would someone do that for you...for me... for anyone???? It really makes me think.
you mean if the bible wasn't true?

the bible isnt just about the last day's of Jesus Christ. yeah i believe it's true, but not just because of Jesus' death and what he died for. only the New Testament talks about Jesus' beliefs. the first books of the old testament were about how it all started and then gets into the religion itself.

the bible was written by 60 something authors (64? 66?) and has a span of several thousands of years.

i dont get why people craze over the movie saying its amazing. it's Jesus' last days and Him getting wrecked.. its more depressing and disgusting. only if people realized the real truth about Jesus, not through the media, but through Him.

Old Post 03-12-2004 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronnn Click here to Send aaronnn a Private Message Find more posts by aaronnn Add aaronnn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All4Him

PASSION OF THE CHRIST

I watched this movie about two weeks ago and I thought it was great for one reason; it reminds us of God's love. It's kind of sad how a movie is doing that, but I know I'm weak at heart, which is why I needed to watch this movie all the more. First, the word Passion means to 'suffer.' Because of Jesus' suffering, we don't fall short of God's love, but rather we're in the grip of His grace. I think that's an awesome thing. Yeah, people have been saying that this movie is anti-semetic, but many scholars, including Jewish scholars, have been stating that this movie accurately portrays the final hours of Jesus as man. Soooo, I don't think this movie is bad at all~ Maybe gruesome, but historians are suggesting that the actual beatings by the Roman soldiers were a lot worse =O If you still have questions of why and for what purpose Jesus died on the cross, then I highly recommend- John Piper's "The Passion of Jesus Christ; Fifty Reasons why he came to die." [adminedit. reproducing parts of a book is illegal.]

Old Post 03-12-2004 08:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for All4Him Click here to Send All4Him a Private Message Visit All4Him's homepage! Find more posts by All4Him Add All4Him to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote