Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > Christian Outreach Project
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MaGiKToToRo
~dance~

Christian Outreach Project

I just came back from my church retreat, i think i've learned a lot. At the camp we split into groups and each group worked to renovate the house. The homeowners of the houses were usually elderly or disabled. During the week we discussued questions like....

1. If god loves everyone, why are there people that still suffer?

2. Why do some people blame god for problems, but many times don't recognize him for achievements?

3. Why did god create man with free will?

4. Why is there need for fogiveness if God already knows what will happen?

5. What is the meaning of "Grace"?

idk if there are real answers to these questions, but i think they're something to think about.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was also this hymn we sang, it has an important message and its catchy too :

Listen children to a story that was written long ago
'bout a kingdom on a mountain and the valley folk below.
On the mountain was a treasure buried deep beneath a stone,
and the valley people swore they'd have it for their very own

So the people of the valley sent a message up the hill
asking for the buried treasure, tons of gold for which they'd kill.
Came an answer from the kingdom. "With our brothers we will share all the secreats of our mountain all the riches buried there."

Now the valley cried with anger mount your horses draw your swords and they killed the mountain people so they won their just reward

Now they stood beside the treasure on the mountain, dark and red, turned the stone and looked beneath it. "Peace on earth" was all it said...

if u want the tune to the song here it is:
one tin soldier

Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours."

-Sweedish Proverb

aim: MaGiKToToRo
xanga: MaGiKToToRo

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-04-2004 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MaGiKToToRo Click here to Send MaGiKToToRo a Private Message Visit MaGiKToToRo's homepage! Find more posts by MaGiKToToRo Add MaGiKToToRo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote