Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > Donating Organs
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MaGiKToToRo
~dance~

Donating Organs

This lady came into our health class the other day, she just recently received a heart transplant. Before the transplant she said she had a great job, great family and life was good. But then her doctor told her her heart was three times what it was supposed to be. She stayed in the hospital for half a year before a heart was finally found for her. When she had arrived at the hospital, the doctors gave her three weeks to live without a new heart. After the transplant, she got better, but is still not able to do some of the things she used to before the transplant. She had to quit her job as a lawyer. She currently works for an organ doner program. The purpose of her coming into the class was to ask us to consider donating our organs when we die. I don's see any reason not to.

Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours."

-Sweedish Proverb

aim: MaGiKToToRo
xanga: MaGiKToToRo

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-25-2004 04:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MaGiKToToRo Click here to Send MaGiKToToRo a Private Message Visit MaGiKToToRo's homepage! Find more posts by MaGiKToToRo Add MaGiKToToRo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

If my organs can be salvaged after I die, I don't want them to go to crooks who buy their way through the waiting lists. But I'm with MT

Old Post 03-26-2004 12:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TorrentialVVind
Kyuubi!

Of course. Just as long as they're in good hands.. "What comes around, goes around..," maybe that quote applies to the after-death period.

I want to make a Naruto banner. ._.; That's in construction.

Old Post 04-12-2004 03:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TorrentialVVind Click here to Send TorrentialVVind a Private Message Find more posts by TorrentialVVind Add TorrentialVVind to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Donating organs is a good thing.

However someone told me that if you choose to donate your organs then they don't really try as hard to save you. Is that true?

Old Post 03-05-2005 05:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

Exclamation Not good in some cases

In some cases donating organs is not so good. Here's a real life story:

This guy was in one of those "donors" programs. He was driving down the road in his truck. Someone stopped him and shot him. The person took out one of his organs to give it to someone who was dying in the hospital.

Now that's NOT good! I don't remember exactly how the story goes...but it's somethinglike that

Man! I feel sorry for the man. How about you?

Old Post 03-07-2005 11:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

sounds possible, but it also sounds like a story that travelled through the grapevine.

Where would he/she have figured out about the person being on the donor's list? Also, why would the hospital give it to the person he intended it for? There is a priority list of people receiving such organs, it is possible that the person was on the top of the list, but depending on the organ it may have been necessary or unnecessary to kill the man for his organ. Does blood type not also come into play here? I guess if he could have figured out about the man being on the donor's list then he could also find his blood type, but it still sounds implausible. I just looked on google and found a site offering to put your name on the "United Network for Organ Sharing" computerized national waitlist. I am not sure where else organ donor's information is available, but from what i am thinking, this guy must have hacked into the system, or knew someone who had access to it. Then he planned to kill the person to get the organ. He transported the organ (how?) to the hospital, where the doctors decided that they would give it to the person he intended it for despite there being a waitlist. I mean, sure, give his gift to the one he wants it to go to, but an organ is not a regular gift. Though in John Q, it was going to work. But that was just a movie.

People tell a lot of stories in middle school (which grade are you actually in? i find it funny you are not telling anyone), don't believe all of them.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 03-08-2005 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
sounds possible, but it also sounds like a story that travelled through the grapevine.

I said that I don't remember the story quite well! I'll have to ask my dad again. He told me a couple times, but it's been a LONG time since he has told me.

Old Post 03-09-2005 07:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:

. Does blood type not also come into play here? [/B]

They knew his bloodtype! They had his whole profile!

His bloodtype matched the patient's!

Old Post 03-09-2005 07:43 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:

People tell a lot of stories in middle school (which grade are you actually in? i find it funny you are not telling anyone), don't believe all of them. [/B]

Look, you don't know me, and I don't know you. Why the HELL am I going to tell you what grade I'm in? I don't know if you're some cerial killer whose going to cut my guts open or something and leave it in the refrigerator!

Old Post 03-09-2005 07:46 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

stop overreacting. i asked what grade you are in because you say you are mature for your age, i do not know your age, and hence what grade you are in. You invoked my curiosity about your age by all this talk about being mature. In your profile it says you are older than me, but i find that hard to believe. Especially since you posted pictures of your friends who look 11 years old.

Do you get why i asked? Or are you going to overreact again?

-Cromwell

Old Post 03-10-2005 06:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:

Do you get why i asked? Or are you going to overreact again? [/B]

I get it.

Old Post 03-10-2005 07:42 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
[B Especially since you posted pictures of your friends who look 11 years old.

Or are you going to overreact again? [/B]

Yes, I will have to react again, because you're insulting my BEST friends!

Wow I thougDo you get why i asked?ht 11 year olds had smaller boobs that that!

Old Post 03-10-2005 07:47 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by garciaas

http://rense.com/general8/pubes.htm

-Cromwell

Old Post 03-11-2005 06:35 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

Cool Interesting

That's very interesting....

Old Post 03-11-2005 06:52 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by garciaas
Yes, I will have to react again, because you're insulting my BEST friends!

http://lovelyidol.jp/shop/garo_aida/gif/f_016_60l.jpg

12 year old, and she's japanese

-Cromwell

Old Post 03-26-2005 12:39 AM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Pedophile. ;)

Old Post 03-26-2005 02:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

MY FRIEND SENT IT TO ME, NOTHING TO DO WITH ME AND MY INTERESTS AT ALL! haha

-Cromwell

Old Post 03-26-2005 07:29 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree
Pedophile. ;)

You like to throw that word around don't you?

Old Post 03-27-2005 11:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree
Pedophile. ;)

Funny

Old Post 03-29-2005 04:25 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
You like to throw that word around don't you?

I think he sure does!

Old Post 03-29-2005 04:26 PM