Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > Do YOu HAVe A LIFe VERSe???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

Do YOu HAVe A LIFe VERSe???

basically a life verse is a verse that you live your life by... or rather a verse that you go back upon in times of trouble and happiness

i have not yet found one... but this one comes close... Romans 5:3
"not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."

i urge those who are christian find one as they read their Bible. Its a great way of reminding yourself of God's glory and power. keep it in your hearts and fall back upon it

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-14-2003 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iTsmeehLita
lita lita

"Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; " 1Th 1:3

i think this is a good verse to aspire to .. theres another one i'm looking for though .. i know its in matthew ! ... err .. imma keep looking for it ..

Old Post 01-14-2003 01:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iTsmeehLita Click here to Send iTsmeehLita a Private Message Find more posts by iTsmeehLita Add iTsmeehLita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1mysteriousgirl

"for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

Old Post 01-14-2003 05:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1mysteriousgirl Click here to Send 1mysteriousgirl a Private Message Find more posts by 1mysteriousgirl Add 1mysteriousgirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eugenekim82

Last edited by eugenekim82 on 03-27-2013 at 04:48 PM

Old Post 01-14-2003 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eugenekim82 Click here to Send eugenekim82 a Private Message Find more posts by eugenekim82 Add eugenekim82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i have heard many inspiring ones, but i don't remember them -__- however i really like this one

"If anyone says, 'I love God,' yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother." -- 1 John 4:20 and 21

i think i posted it before

Old Post 01-15-2003 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

" You will decide on a matter, and it will be established for you, and light will shine on your ways. " Job 22:28

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 01-17-2003 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BabOxmK

ehh one of dem.. =]
"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." - Luke 6:32, 35, ,36

〆・▼ →』さr ぉいぞN 【→ ▼・
. 。→ ・:・ し ・:・ → 。. 〇

Old Post 01-19-2003 04:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BabOxmK Click here to Send BabOxmK a Private Message Visit BabOxmK's homepage! Find more posts by BabOxmK Add BabOxmK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

jeremiah 29:13
13 you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

ecclesiastes 12:1-7
1 remember your creator
in the days of your youth,
before the days of trouble come
and the years approach when you will say,
"i find no pleasure in them"-
2 before the sun and the light
and the moon and the stars grow dark,
and the clouds return after the rain;
3 when the keepers of the house tremble,
and the strong men stoop,
when the grinders cease because they are few,
and those looking through the windows grow dim;
4 when the doors to the street are closed
and the sound of grinding fades;
when men rise up at the sound of birds,
but all their songs grow faint;
5 when men are afraid of heights
and of dangers in the streets;
when the almond tree blossoms
and the grasshopper drags himself along
and desire no longer is stirred.
then man goes to his eternal home
and mourners go about the streets.

6 remember him-before the silver cord is severed,
or the golden bowl is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,
or the wheel broken at the well,
7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

psalms 1
1 blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 but his delight is in the law of the lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 he is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
whatever he does prospers.

4 not so the wicked!
they are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
5 therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6 for the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

proverbs 1:7
7 the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

Old Post 01-19-2003 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bUhrI_sAuCe47
^0^ ! ^0^? lol...

...Matthew 6:19 - 34....very long...keke...another one is...
"There are 'friends' who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24....there's alot more, but I don't really know where they are in the bible...haven't read my bible for a long time...

Old Post 01-19-2003 06:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bUhrI_sAuCe47 Click here to Send bUhrI_sAuCe47 a Private Message Find more posts by bUhrI_sAuCe47 Add bUhrI_sAuCe47 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

quote:
Originally posted by bUhrI_sAuCe47
...Matthew 6:19 - 34....very long...keke...another one is...
"There are 'friends' who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24....there's alot more, but I don't really know where they are in the bible...haven't read my bible for a long time...

wow. those are really good verses. here they are.

matthew 6:19-34
19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22 "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[2] ?
28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

proverbs 18:24
24 a man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Old Post 01-19-2003 06:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

eehehehe! eddie got curious about other peoples' life verses after hearing that david pastor from the retreat had one eh? hehe! good topic idea~

welps... i dont have one yet... buh i have alot of favorite verses in the bible~

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 01-22-2003 07:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

quote:
Originally posted by junjinluber33
eehehehe! eddie got curious about other peoples' life verses after hearing that david pastor from the retreat had one eh? hehe! good topic idea~

welps... i dont have one yet... buh i have alot of favorite verses in the bible~

eheheh... im guilty puahaha

Old Post 01-26-2003 07:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

Proverbs 3:3-8

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.

James 1:2-4

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Matthew 7:7-8

7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 02-07-2003 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote