Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > christianity and their denominations...
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

sorry to double post but... on the topic of mormons... i really don't know y they have to change the bible... or add to it, ie the book of mormos... its strange, because i assume everyone agrees that God is perfect, and since God is perfect God's word is perfect, so y fix something thats not broken?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-12-2002 04:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
sorry to double post but... on the topic of mormons... i really don't know y they have to change the bible... or add to it, ie the book of mormos... its strange, because i assume everyone agrees that God is perfect, and since God is perfect God's word is perfect, so y fix something thats not broken?

well,,, book of mormon isnt really an extension of the bible. its the testament of the revelation to john smith from the angel mormon. mormons dont follow it anyway, so i dont even know why it exists.

Old Post 08-13-2002 06:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

really? HmM... thats strange... still i hear that mormons have a redone version of the bible... like extra books and stuff... am i wrong?

Old Post 08-13-2002 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
still i hear that mormons have a redone version of the bible... like extra books and stuff... am i wrong?

i dunno... the way mormons work -- they dont care what the bible or what the book of mormom say, everything lies on what the current "prophet" interprets everything.

but there are extra books in the bible, but the church took it out a long time ago, i think b/c they determined it wasnt "spiritually inspired" or something like that. my dad has those books in his office.

Old Post 08-13-2002 07:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiGhTy KiTTy
*MeOW* ^^

Re: christianity and their denominations...

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider
dont get it. why do you have to be catholic and go to a catholic church? can't you go to a protestant church? it's like saying, we have to go to church because it tells us too. the bible is so much bullshit, you know that right? why trust something like the bible that's been written in the medieval ages of time? you know the church and state were one and they both wanted money. s'all i have to say is this, you have believe in god in your heart. dont need churches, bibles, and tithing; with the rest of that shit. the number 1 importance in religion you have to believe god in your heart. with-out that what's the point of going to church? you dont need to go church...cause what did jesus, his disciples, and saul do? went around the fucking mediterrean and told people about god, they had no fucking churches. they told people about god from their hearts. dont need all that shit just to worship or believe god, you just need to believe god in your heart.

(sorry to offend anyone)

i agree wit you. heh but not about the bible being bullshit. there are some parts in there that doesnt make sense, yes thats true but the bible is more like a guidebook..so yah..heh :satisfy:

Old Post 08-15-2002 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiGhTy KiTTy Click here to Send MiGhTy KiTTy a Private Message Find more posts by MiGhTy KiTTy Add MiGhTy KiTTy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EvaX
Gringo Noche

you know before we say anything about other doctrinations of christianity, I suggest that you who all want to say something against another denomination that you do your homework on their doctrines.

The truth about the Mormon doctrination is that their basis on their faith does come from a ground basis on the Bible, but they added a book "found" by Joesph Smith in which some angels gave this book to him. As you might already know, the Book of Mormon has gone through many changes in it's wording due to Political correctness and other problems they had to make it work in society today..but if you have studied the Bible in the bok of Revelations which was written by John (a person both the Mormons and Protestants and Catholics alike agree was a true voice of God's will) wrote in Revelations 22:18 "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues describe in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book" Because the Mormons have added about this an appendage to this book do they not fall under the words of the Bible even they agree with?
They even go to the extent of calling their Book "The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ".. To further implicate the invaliditiy of the Mormon texts, the use of SCIENCE (a usual suspect to trying to disprove Christianity) can be used to TRY to find artifacts from the Mormon texts which includes Nephitie Swords and Shields that have NEVER been found or the cities in which the Mormon texts speak of never been excavated...How can a civilization that doesn't even pre-date the Mayans, Aztecs and all Native American settlements just vanish without any trace with this Mormon text that so "clearly" dictates where they stood and the culture of these people?
Also the Mormons have a church doctrine that clearly states that they are trying to reach the STATUS of God, not be like him, but become LIKE him...in short meaning that one day they can reach the status of a diety...I just find that utterly blashphomous...but that's just me..

I have alot of Mormon friends in whom I do speak about my faith with and they listen, those Mormon kids are very well versed in scripture so if you guys ever want to challenge them to their views in faith...i suggest you study up..and evangelizing is a part of your duty as a Christian, although mellow is correct, don't push to the point where you turn them away from Christ, but it's not just you who does the work, but allow Jesus and God to fill em up too :-D

God Bless!

Old Post 08-15-2002 09:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for EvaX Click here to Send EvaX a Private Message Visit EvaX's homepage! Find more posts by EvaX Add EvaX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by EvaX
in short meaning that one day they can reach the status of a diety...I just find that utterly blashphomous...but that's just me..

it is blasphemous, but dont forget that the role of women is to bear eternal spirit children to fill their personal planet up with. the reason they push having big families is to create vessels for the souls that are being bore. =\

Old Post 08-16-2002 07:36 AM