Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > masturbation
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:
I was
quote:
joke
quote:
ing off

so thats what the kids call it these days...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-12-2003 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23

You're hilarious man.

Old Post 03-12-2003 01:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23

yes indeed, meaning kids like you who utilize phrases that do not exist in the english language. Such an accomplishment, for a sixteen year-old to possess the english prowess of a second grader- I give you laudations, for you have accomplished something truly remarkable.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-12-2003 01:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

truce

well I'm sorry to anyone that I may have offended, including crazydeb8ter, and ill admit i def got annoyed and snapped back, but im sorry and i hope that we can get each other's respect back and start off again, this time on the right foot. Jusun created this site to help people become friends, not enemies, so my apologies. I def did not act in a Christian way and dont let that interfere with getting to know God. Sorry, deb8ter and to anyone even remotely mad about what happened

Old Post 03-12-2003 01:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kangg fu Click here to Send kangg fu a Private Message Find more posts by kangg fu Add kangg fu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:
yes indeed
quote:
Such an accomplishment
quote:
for a sixteen year-old to possess the english prowess
quote:
t
quote:
o
quote:
utilize
quote:
a second grader

wow hmm maybe you can/do but ill stick to 16 year old+ girls thank you very much.

quote:
you have accomplished something truly remarkable

i r teh leetest! no matchin these skillz.

Old Post 03-12-2003 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: truce

quote:
Originally posted by kangg fu
well I'm sorry to anyone that I may have offended, including crazydeb8ter, and ill admit i def got annoyed and snapped back, but im sorry and i hope that we can get each other's respect back and start off again, this time on the right foot. Jusun created this site to help people become friends, not enemies, so my apologies. I def did not act in a Christian way and dont let that interfere with getting to know God. Sorry, deb8ter and to anyone even remotely mad about what happened

I believe that it is I who should apologize. Sorry about the sarcasm dude.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-12-2003 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
s0lotu

Old Post 03-12-2003 02:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for s0lotu Click here to Send s0lotu a Private Message Find more posts by s0lotu Add s0lotu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff
i think you are wrong unless it says it so in the bible

sin of raping your sister and killing her is not equal to lying

hmmm my heart agrees wit u but my mind says humans do not understand wat "good" and "bad" is completely. so my mind says that all sins r the same.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
my mind says humans do not understand wat "good" and "bad" is completely.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 03-13-2003 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat
well from what i believe, it is.
what difference would it make if this sin was this bad or that bad?

then why is there a such a thing called seven deadly sins?

Old Post 03-13-2003 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

Manny - there are 2 degrees of sins. I believe they're called venial sins, and mortal sins. "Smaller" sins like white lies or other random things aren't very serious, and these are called venial sins. However, mortal sins are acts such as premarital intercourse, murder, and yes, masturbation would probably fall under this category, because it is use of sex for non-procreational purposes. As far as I know these are the only two categories that sins fall into. I don't really know, and from what I do know it seems otherwise, but I would think there are degrees of sins, in the respect that killing someone seems like it would be graver than masturbation, but I don't know, you should ask a priest.

edit - I should have mentioned this earlier but forgot to, this may not be the same for your flavor of Christianity haha, this is only the Catholic Church's teachings.

Last edited by tm11 on 03-13-2003 at 12:52 PM

Old Post 03-13-2003 02:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

http://www.jusunlee.com/forums/show...ht=masturbation

like others have already pointed out, i think there are degrees of sins...some would be considered worse than others, like killing someone, and telling your frend you don't mine wen he/she hooks up with the person u've been wanting for a long time when u realli just want to seem them happy. wutever. but i dunno how serious masturbating wud be, so yeah, ask a clergy member.

Old Post 03-13-2003 02:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

I don't know, but the way I learned that all sins are equal. But what difference would it make if the sin was this bad or that bad?

Old Post 03-13-2003 03:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
I don't know, but the way I learned that all sins are equal. But what difference would it make if the sin was this bad or that bad?

well lets say i strap a nuke to my self and run into china and blow up 1 million people 2 their deaths or soon 2 die. and u lied about not takin a dong in the mornin. so we r equally bad? thats wat other people r sayin

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-13-2003 03:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
well lets say i strap a nuke to my self and run into china and blow up 1 million people 2 their deaths or soon 2 die. and u lied about not takin a dong in the mornin. so we r equally bad? thats wat other people r sayin

If you want to put it that away, I guess we are equally bad.

Old Post 03-13-2003 03:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
s0lotu

i don't think the idea is so much that all sins are equal, but that we are all equally sinful. as in all equally not perfect. some sins, while on earth, require more punishment, have greater earthly consequences, etc. but the point is that we all sin period. for us to compare with others and say "i'm not as bad as him/her" is hypocritical because none of us is perfect. we have all, at some point in our lives, sinned, whether it was a huge crime or even just thought about something impure. hmm... perhaps this isn't the best analogy but maybe it'll help somewhat: if someone is wearing a white blouse to an important interview, whether he/she spills a drop of ketchup or a whole cup of coffee on it, the point is the shirt is ruined and cannot be worn to the interview. it doesn't matter how big the stain is, they are equally not able to be worn. ok that was my attempt. this is a difficult topic.

Old Post 03-13-2003 03:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for s0lotu Click here to Send s0lotu a Private Message Find more posts by s0lotu Add s0lotu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by s0lotu
if someone is wearing a white blouse to an important interview, whether he/she spills a drop of ketchup or a whole cup of coffee on it, the point is the shirt is ruined and cannot be worn to the interview. it doesn't matter how big the stain is, they are equally not able to be worn. ok that was my attempt. this is a difficult topic.

i think that's a pretti good analogy, but . . . you could think of it as the ketchup being far less noticeable and something you could look over, while the coffee is very prominent and cannot be easily overlooked. i mean, i highly doubt God will not let one enter heaven because of a white lie. yes, it is a sin, but isn't God supposed to be forgiving? besides, we all sin, but if we truly repent for our sins before we die, then He will accept us. that's what i believe anyway. in the end, he's the interviewer who will accept everyone because he loves us all. ok, that sounds corny, but yeah.

maybe another analogy wud be...if my friend borrowed my sweater and then tore a small hole in it, or a BIG one, i'd be mad either way, but i'd be able to forgive her more easily if the hole was small. :/ s0lotu's rite, this is hard

Old Post 03-13-2003 03:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

ah. i so suck at expressing my thoughts into words. =/

Old Post 03-13-2003 03:41 AM
s0lotu

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
i think that's a pretti good analogy, but . . . you could think of it as the ketchup being far less noticeable and something you could look over, while the coffee is very prominent and cannot be easily overlooked. i mean, i highly doubt God will not let one enter heaven because of a white lie. yes, it is a sin, but isn't God supposed to be forgiving? besides, we all sin, but if we truly repent for our sins before we die, then He will accept us. that's what i believe anyway. in the end, he's the interviewer who will accept everyone because he loves us all. ok, that sounds corny, but yeah.

maybe another analogy wud be...if my friend borrowed my sweater and then tore a small hole in it, or a BIG one, i'd be mad either way, but i'd be able to forgive her more easily if the hole was small. :/ s0lotu's rite, this is hard

yes, and that is the point. the whole point is that God forgives us REGARDLESS of our sins... whether judged by the world to be great or small. that's what the whole concept of grace is about. we are ALL undeserving, none of us are "wearable to the interview," and that's why Jesus died for our sins. that means he took our punishment in place of us. if we are willing to accept Jesus, that's ALL it takes for us to be considered "clean." our sins from the past, present, and future have all been erased. how we act is in REACTION to what Jesus has done for us. we should try our best not to sin out of utter thankfulness for what has already been done, out of love for Jesus who took our punishment for us. we don't earn salvation by our good deeds or our lack of bad deeds. but our good deeds and our lack of bad deeds reflects what's in our hearts--whether we have truly received Jesus.

Old Post 03-13-2003 03:59 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
ah. i so suck at expressing my thoughts into words. =/

take a writin elective it will help u alot when we gotta write essays for college

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-13-2003 10:14 PM