Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > reinactments of the bible... bother/no bother?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

reinactments of the bible... bother/no bother?

I was just wondering, do reinactments of situations in the bible bother you? I used to go to Church but my family stopped ever since my grandpa ordered us to stop going. But anyways, I find reinactments extremely disturbing.

This last weekend, I went to a Show Choir invitational and a show choir did a reinactment of Jesus when he was being crucified. It bothered me so much I had to step out. It was... ugly. I couldn't stand it and usually, I don't rip apart because of reinactments but I couldn't stand what I saw. Just the talk of it gives me chills.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-04-2003 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Well the crucification of Jesus isn't the most...pretty I guess one would say...things to reenact from the Bible.
Overall I don't mind because I'm quite secure in my Atheist beliefs enough to effectively use mind over matter and block out the reenactment that's going on.

Old Post 02-05-2003 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

they don't bother me...i was part of one once (the nativity scene - i was a wise man haha).

Old Post 02-06-2003 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote