Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > religious quotes
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

religious quotes

Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller

Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway. ~Mary C. Crowley

God loves each of us as if there were only one of us. ~St. Augustine

Young man, young man, your arm's too short to box with God. ~James Weldon Johnson

God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them. ~Author Unknown

You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list. The longer your list, the smaller your God. ~Author Unknown

Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman. ~Author Unknown

I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't. ~Jules Renard

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of God shine through. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

God is not a cosmic bellboy for whom we can press a button to get things done. ~Harry Emerson Fosdick

The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too. ~Teresa of Avila

God's last name is not "Dammit." ~Author Unknown
HAHA

As the poet said, "Only God can make a tree" - probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on. ~Woody Allen

Clearly, God is a Democrat. ~Patrick Caddell

God: The most popular scapegoat for our sins. ~Mark Twain

But I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things. ~Vincent van Gogh, Dear Theo: An Autobiography of Vincent van Gogh, 1937

No matter how much I prove and prod,
I cannot quite believe in God;
But oh, I hope to God that He
Unswervingly believes in me.
~E.Y. Harburg, attributed

People see God every day, they just don't recognize him. ~Pearl Bailey

I just hope God does not get bored of dreaming me. ~Author Unknown

By night, an atheist half believes in God. ~Edward Young, Night Thoughts

You found God? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours! ~Author Unknown

When I saw others straining toward God, I did not understand it, for though I may have had him less than they did, there was no one blocking the way between him and me, and I could reach his heart easily. It is up to him, after all, to have us, our part consists of almost solely in letting him grasp us. ~Rainer Maria Rilke, Rilke and Benvenuta: An Intimate Correspondence

God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame. ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa

I simply haven't the nerve to imagine a being, a force, a cause which keeps the planets revolving in their orbits, and then suddenly stops in order to give me a bicycle with three speeds. ~Quentin Crisp

Prayer is when you talk to God; meditation is when you listen to God. ~Diana Robinson

Weave in faith and God will find the thread. ~Author Unknown

They say that God is everywhere, and yet we always think of Him as somewhat of a recluse. ~Emily Dickinson

God: a disease we imagine we are cured of because no one dies of it nowadays. ~E.M. Cioran, The Trouble with Being Born, 1973

It is easy to understand God as long as you don't try to explain him. ~Joseph Joubert

Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. ~Garth Brooks

God is a sort of burglar. As a young man you knock him down; as an old man you try to conciliate him, because he may knock you down. ~H. Beerbohm-Tree

Chance is perhaps the pseudonym of God when he did not want to sign. ~Anatole France, Le jardin d'Epicure

God enters by a private door into each individual. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2003 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God. ~Leo Buscaglia
wow

God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed. ~Saint Augustine

God is not the name of God, but an opinion about Him. ~Pope Xystus I, The Ring

"What do you think of God," the teacher asked. After a pause, the young pupil replied, "He's not a think, he's a feel." ~Paul Frost

God is the perfect poet. ~Robert Browning

God is an unutterable sigh, planted in the depths of the soul. ~Jean Paul Richter

All are but parts of one stupendous whole,
Whose body Nature is, and God the soul.
~Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man, 1734

Perhaps history is a thing that would stop happening if God held His breath, or could be imagined as turning away to think of something else. ~Herbert Butterfield, Christianity and History

Why attack God? He may be as miserable as we are. ~Erik Satie

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." ~C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters, 1943

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God. Really. ~Lenny Bruce, "Religions Inc.," in The Essential Lenny Bruce, ed. John Cohen, 1967

Life is God's novel. Let him write it. ~Isaac Bashevis Singer

You are not obliged to put on evening clothes to meet God. ~Austin O'Malley

When you knock, ask to see God - none of the servants. ~Henry David Thoreau

Most people wish to serve God - but only in an advisory capacity. ~Author Unknown

A lot of people are willing to give God credit, but so few ever give Him cash. ~Robert E. Harris, Laugh with the Circuit Rider
hahahhaha

It always strikes me, and it is very peculiar, that when we see the image of indescribable and unutterable desolation - of loneliness, of poverty and misery, the end of all things, or their extreme - then rises in our mind the thought of God. ~Vincent van Gogh, Dear Theo: An Autobiography of Vincent van Gogh, 1937

To put one's trust in God is only a longer way of saying that one will chance it. ~Samuel Butler, Note-Books

I say to mankind, Be not curious about God. For I, who am curious about each, am not curious about God - I hear and behold God in every object, yet understand God not in the least. ~Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
nod and smile

Every happening, great and small, is a parable whereby God speaks to us, and the art of life is to get the message. ~Malcolm Muggeridge

We always keep God waiting while we admit more importunate suitors. ~Malcolm de Chazal

How important the concept of God is, and how instead of valuing what has been given us, we with light hearts spurn it because of absurdities that have been attached to it. ~Leo Tolstoy, Last Diaries, 1960

The young do not need God, and the old cannot find Him. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Complete Neurotic's Notebook

Some people talk about finding God - as if He could get lost. ~Author Unknown

I do not believe in God, for that implies an effort of the will - I see God everywhere! ~Jean Favre

I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker. ~Voltaire

"I was six when I saw that everything was God, and my hair stood up, and all," Teddy said. "It was on a Sunday, I remember. My sister was a tiny child then, and she was drinking her milk, and all of a sudden I saw that she was God and the milk was God. I mean, all she was doing was pouring God into God, if you know what I mean. ~J.D. Salinger, "Teddy," 1954

God often visits us, but most of the time we are not at home. ~Joseph Roux, Meditations of a Parish Priest, 1886
so true

Hunting God is a great adventure. ~Marie DeFloris

God is a circle whose centre is everywhere and circumference nowhere. ~Timaeus of Locris

God, that dumping ground of our dreams. ~Jean Rostand, Carnets d'un Biologiste, 1962

God - the John Doe of philosophy and religion. ~Elbert Hubbard, The Notebook, 1927
hmmm

When we lose God, it is not God who is lost. ~Author Unknown

Those who never rebelled against God or at some point in their lives or shaken their fists in the face of heaven, have never encountered God at all. ~Catherine Marshall, Christy, 1967

I had a thousand questions to ask God; but when I met him they all fled and didn't seem to matter. ~Christopher Morley, Inward Ho!, 1923

Don't question God, for He may reply: "If you're so anxious for answers, come up here." ~Author Unknown
that is scary

I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light. ~Mary Gardiner Brainard

Seeing so much poverty everywhere makes me think that God is not rich. He gives the appearance of it, but I suspect some financial difficulties. ~Victor Hugo, Les Misérables, 1862

God is a child who amuses himself, going from laughing to crying for no reason, each day reinventing the world to the chagrin of hair-splitters, pedants, and preachers, who try to teach God his job as Creator. ~Elie Faure, L'Esprit des formes, 1927

Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue. ~Eugene O'Neill, The Great God Brown, 1926

If you are not as close to God as you used to be, who moved? ~Author Unknown

I have never understood why it should be considered derogatory to the Creator to suppose that he has a sense of humour. ~William Ralph Inge
does God laugh? i'd like to see that ^^

I could not say I believe. I know! I have had the experience of being gripped by something that is stronger than myself, something that people call God. ~Carl Jung

Fuck all the people who say, "God bless," and then don't bother to complete the sentence. Who they are, I haven't the slightest idea. But, if I were God, I would not honor such a request. ~George Carlin
hahahhaha

Every morning I spend fifteen minutes filling my mind full of God; and so there's no room left for worry thoughts. ~Howard Chandler Christy

I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent. ~Author Unknown

Darkness cannot put out the Light. It can only make God brighter. ~Author Unknown

http://www.quotegarden.com/god.html

Old Post 02-19-2003 12:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

some of them are funniee.. haha
but some are trueli inspirational.. thanks for posting up tha quotes!

now where's my pen.. needa jot some of these down.. haha

Old Post 02-19-2003 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." -Albert Einstein

one from my favorites

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-19-2003 04:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

wow. i really like those quotes.thanks for the sharing it with us. i gotta use some of those as my away message. =)
amen.

Old Post 02-19-2003 07:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote