Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > Do u pray? If so why?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kaibigan268
ezimotsuc

Do u pray? If so why?

I dun pray, i jus wanna know why people do.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-14-2002 05:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kaibigan268 Click here to Send Kaibigan268 a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibigan268 Add Kaibigan268 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

i ussually pray at night before i go to bed... but other than that, i rarely pray... ussually when i eat i always forget to pray unless someone reminds me... i pray for things i want, things i need, good things that happened, bad things that i dont want to happen... just basically anything that's important

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

i pray every night before i go to sleep. ive been doing that for a LOOONGGG time now~ and now im starting to pray before i eat. why do i pray... because i need to talk to God. he'll answer my prayers and then ill have the assurance in my christian walk that God is always there for me. plus i can pray about my life, God, and about anything else bothering me

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

haha i never really prayed. but now i pray before i go to bed, haha its cause my girlfriend told me to pray everyday before i go to sleep, soooo ^^;;

Old Post 10-14-2002 03:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

I pray because I have faith.
I pray because I trust.
I pray because I hope.
I pray because I love.
I pray because I am far from perfect.
I pray because I am sinful.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

i pray... i pray because it is essential in any christian walk, and its a tool and a channel for your talk with God... It brings me hope, insight in my meditations during QT, and helps to talk about my worries and anxieties...
you might think it futile, that God doesn't listen, but i can say, in my own experience, theres no one that listens more...

Old Post 10-15-2002 02:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

a reason to pray will always be different for everyone. for some a youth group in need. for others a relative that is dying. no matter the reason for y u do it, remember that God knows wat u want but u should ask for wat u need.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 10-15-2002 02:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i agree w every1 that replied. i pray b4 meals, b4 goin to bed, for things i want, things i want to happen, things i dun want to happen, for mai frenz, family, and church, for the homeless, orphans, abused pplz, and for animals...yes, animals too, but i dunno if they'll go to heaven :huh: cuz ne kind of abuse is bad...
basically, God takes cares of ur needs if u'll let Him...u'll find everythin u need or cud ever want in Him. it's hard for pplz to do cuz they're so corrupted w sin, but if they believe enuff, they'll find that sumday...i also pray that i'll find it

Old Post 10-15-2002 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

i pray.. i don't often pray when i eat... but i always do when i'm out somewhere... especially with friends for some reason. i pray every nite... for one thing... it becomes out of habit... and it feels like something's missing if i don't... i pray for God to help me... watch over me so i want go the wrong way... i ask him for help... i ask for forgivness for all my sins.

Old Post 10-15-2002 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IronPanda322

Well your answers are all well and good, but only a few of you guys answered the why part. Sorry if this gets long

Being a Korean Christian I grew up in the church not really knowing what it was about. It wasn't until i was 15 that I actually devoted myself to Christ and to ask Him into my life as my Lord AND Savior. <---People tend to forget it's both parts. (but i digress)

I don't know about you guys. I just want to throw out the challenge to you who call yourselves Christians. Give me a straight answer here, WHY DO YOU PRAY?

*kinda testing ya'll, I'll give my answer soon enough.

Old Post 10-15-2002 05:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IronPanda322 Click here to Send IronPanda322 a Private Message Find more posts by IronPanda322 Add IronPanda322 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
i pray... i pray because it is essential in any christian walk, and its a tool and a channel for your talk with God... It brings me hope, insight in my meditations during QT, and helps to talk about my worries and anxieties...
you might think it futile, that God doesn't listen, but i can say, in my own experience, theres no one that listens more...

very well-said *claps*

but i think another reason why i pray is cause i want to feel more connected to God. i want Him to cleanse my soul and any sins or doubts that i have...and like how TyGer STyLe said 'there's no one that listens more'

Old Post 10-15-2002 09:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaibigan268
ezimotsuc

well thx everyone
like i said i dont pray (anymore)
havent prayed for a long time
for now i guess i am still searching for reason to pray
i guess part of why i dont pray anymore is cuz of a loss

well anyway thx anyway - maybe somtime in the future i can relate to what u guys have said

Old Post 10-16-2002 01:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kaibigan268 Click here to Send Kaibigan268 a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibigan268 Add Kaibigan268 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Because of God.

And because I like to.

God is really awesome.

A loss could be a reason to pray. Try it, who knows? It may help you a lot.

Last edited by Alchemist on 10-16-2002 at 01:19 AM

Old Post 10-16-2002 01:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaibigan268
ezimotsuc

alright

Old Post 10-16-2002 01:42 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by Kaibigan268
well thx everyone
like i said i dont pray (anymore)
havent prayed for a long time
for now i guess i am still searching for reason to pray
i guess part of why i dont pray anymore is cuz of a loss

well anyway thx anyway - maybe somtime in the future i can relate to what u guys have said

Pray for answers or a reason for that lose, maybe. God will always lead those who asked for help. in all good time

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 10-16-2002 03:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

well...wen i pray..it duz seem like he duzn't answer sumtyumz. but wen i pray it's also not necessarily just for an answer or wen i just want sumtin from Him. i pray for othrs as well; like, i want them to be happi n stuff. but...do y'all ever feel like God's ignorin u...and u keep prayin and prayin but it duzn't do ne good...and it seems like God just duzn't want to listen to u and then u feel like yellin at him and screamin "WHY???"

Old Post 11-23-2002 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

I don't pray.

Old Post 11-23-2002 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

i pray each nite... and thank God for giving me all the things that i have now. and when i'm sad or having problems... i pray and ask for guidance... and then the next day... it always brightens up for me

Old Post 11-24-2002 01:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
Originally posted by merc
I pray because I have faith.
I pray because I trust.
I pray because I hope.
I pray because I love.
I pray because I am far from perfect.
I pray because I am sinful.

same thing.
I also pray so that I can have a conversation with God.
I pray because prayer is very powerful

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 11-24-2002 01:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg
I also pray so that I can have a conversation with God.

i wud like to hav a convo w Him. but He duzn't talk bak to me. thaz ok tho, i noe he's still listening

Old Post 11-24-2002 06:10 AM