Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Language > anybody speak french fluently wanna help?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

anybody speak french fluently wanna help?

im doin a short film for class and i need to translate this monologue from english to french. anybody wanna help?

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-14-2003 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

how soon do you want it by?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-14-2003 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

oh sweet. i'll write something by tuesday or so. i need it soon as possible.

thanks!

i'll credit you too.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-14-2003 01:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

heh. I'm not particulary fluent though I am in the AP French Language class.
I do, however, know several people who are fluent and would likely be willing to help. I'll see if i can enlist them

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-14-2003 01:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEmeant0r
Ex-Mod

I speak French pretty ok, you could email me the monologue and I'll try and help.

Old Post 04-18-2003 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DEmeant0r Click here to Send DEmeant0r a Private Message Visit DEmeant0r's homepage! Find more posts by DEmeant0r Add DEmeant0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

thanks everybody! i'll have something by tonight or tomorrow and hopefully i can have it asap. thanks!

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-18-2003 01:13 AM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

FREETRANSLATION.COM

dats all u need to know

i've taken french for 7 years and still taking it...... but i'm still not fluent

Old Post 04-18-2003 03:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
FREETRANSLATION.COM

dats all u need to know

i've taken french for 7 years and still taking it...... but i'm still not fluent

actually online translators are never that accurate. They distort a lot of phrasing, which ends up being horribly detrimental for projects (such as this monologue) or papers that rely on authentic language.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-18-2003 04:01 AM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
actually online translators are never that accurate. They distort a lot of phrasing, which ends up being horribly detrimental for projects (such as this monologue) or papers that rely on authentic language.

yeah i know. but they work great for me. if the phrase is really distorted, i use wat i already know to correct the translation. its not dat hard for me. but other than some phrases, it works pretty good.

Old Post 04-18-2003 04:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
if the phrase is really distorted, i use wat i already know to correct the translation. its .

ah. I was going off of the "freetranslation is all you'll ever need" clause.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-18-2003 04:53 AM
ajy

quote:
yeah i know. but they work great for me. if the phrase is really distorted, i use wat i already know to correct the translation. its not dat hard for me. but other than some phrases, it works pretty good.

maybe you should try learning one language before trying to perfect two of them. "dat is goodz ideaS!"

Old Post 04-18-2003 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
ah. I was going off of the "freetranslation is all you'll ever need" clause.

hahaha yeah i was just trying to be funnie

Old Post 04-19-2003 05:01 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

victor i have the monologue what should i do with it? where should i send it?

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-20-2003 08:45 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

on may 26, 1999 8:45 .. a writer named jean and a paperboy named philip argues between section c and section d of a trainstation. Jean complains that the newspaper he had just bought from phillip are a day old and begins to question Phillip. Philip begins to explain his position as a paperboy. His day old newspapers are his to own and therefore his to sell. Therefore the date of the newspapers.. are not his problems. Jean and phillip continues to argue when jean notices Marie. Marie sits on section d of the train station. Her destination... Montmarte. She carries with her her purse and her lunch ,a bag of strawberries. Jean becomes enfatuated with the beauty of her sadness. he wonders what would inspire such emotion and desires to wish her good luck. 8:50 the train to______ arrives and Marie prepares to board this train. At this moment Jean declares the day old newspaper and the bag of strawberries, lucky. for the rest of the day jean waits at section d to see her arrival from ____ to return her lunch and to wish her luck. With no more trains for the day... Jean returns the next day.. and the next.. and the next.

August 28 2000, phillip sells his day old newspapers. But phillip aspires to be a writer. Everynight he writes a poem. photocopies them. and attaches them to his newspapers he had bought. Maurice moreau is a business man.. and enjoys yelling. But in his home he receives the yelling. During Breakfast. On the phone. In bed.
at this station on 8:45 Phillip sells his newspaper to the same man for over a year. he gives him a dollar and Phillip returns with change. man continues to walk across section D and offers the change to christophe dubois.
Christophe Dubois is homeless. Everyday he visits his deceased son and bring him his favorite candy.. a lollipop. His only friend... Jamel(a mouse) shares his pocket with francs.

8:55 Jean sits at section of the trainstation. he rests his new newspaper on the side, with his lunch... fresh strawberries, which rests on top and continues to read his year old newspaper. old news of bad weather, a robbery , the millenium bug, a wife beating, and a sport championship has been smudged by age. Jean relies on these words to bring his mystery woman. Phillip pulls his poetry and begins to cite it. His poetry is often overlooked and thrown away when his customers realize the newspapers are a day old. Jean is the only person who reads the poetry. Throughout the year phillip discovers Jean is a romance writer. He writes novels and to inspire emotions of love and romance but for a year he has not written anything. At this moment Jean fantasizes about his books. he fantasizes about the woman.

like many of phillips customers.. maurice yells at phillip for his day old newspapers. With much practice , phillip excuses himself from the sale of the day old newspapers claiming the day of the news was never his intention. He explains there is a special page in which Maurice dismisses. A five year old boy , gerard, waits with his mother at section D. The boy cries, afraid of taking the train by himself to see his father. For five years Gerard witnesses his mother and father arguing, and arguing when finally gerards father leaves. Every saturday Gerard reluctantly takes the train to see his father. Maurice notices Gerard crying and complains to his mother about the danger of trains. Gerard's mother explains the tears and defends his crying son.

9:05 the train arrives from montmarte and jean notices a woman.

Claire is a victim of an abused husband. on this day she realizes she will bring a son to this world and must flee from the husband the following day she will take the train to her mothers... at montmarte.

3:00 Gerard returns to his mother, Phillip returns from a long day and begins to write his next poem, Maurice is being yelled at for leaving the bathroom floor wet, Christophe visits his son and introduces himto his friend Jamel. jean goes home to his computer and is inspired to write a new story. a story of people and chance. the story of the train station.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-20-2003 08:57 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

hey i really need this asap.. i woulda wrote this sooner but i couldnt. so i hope you can give it to me hopefully today if not.. then.. AHHHHHH.. it doesnt need to be perfect really. just something.

i edit today.. and also.

if you can reply with the english sentence and underneath.. the french translation. please! thanks!@

btw whats your last name.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-20-2003 08:59 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

this is what i got at freetranslation.com
can you tell me if it's close to okay and help fill in the holes or help with grammar? thanks

Le 26 mai, 1999 8:45.. un écrivain jean nommé et un paperboy philip nommé se dispute entre le c de section et d de section d'un trainstation. Jean se plaint que le journal qu'il avait seulement acheté de phillip est un jour vieil et commence à questionner Phillip. Philip commence à expliquer sa position comme un paperboy. Son jour vieux journaux sont le sien de posséder et donc le sien vendre. Donc la date des journaux.. ne sont pas ses problèmes. Jean et phillip continuent à se disputer quand jean remarque Marie. Marie assied sur d de section de la station de train. Sa destination.. Montmarte. Elle porte avec elle sa bourse et son déjeuner, un sac de fraises. Jean devient enfatuated avec la beauté de sa tristesse. il se demande ce qu'inspirerait telle émotion et tels désirs de souhaiter sa bonne chance. 8:50 le train à______ arrive et Marie prépare à monter ce train. A ce Jean de moment déclare le jour le vieux journal et le sac de fraises, heureuses. pour le reste des attentes de jean de jour à d de section pour voir son arrivée de ____ retourner son déjeuner et souhaiter sa chance. Avec aucun plus de trains pour le jour.. Jean retourne le lendemain.. et le prochain.. et l'après.

Le 28 août 2000, phillip vend son jour ses vieux journaux. Mais phillip aspire à être écrivain. Chaque nuit il écrit un poème. les photocopie. et les attache à ses journaux qu'il avait acheté. Maurice moreau est un homme d'affaires.. et apprécie l'hurlement. Mais dans sa maison il reçoit l'hurlement. Pendant le Petit Déjeuner. Sur le téléphone. Au lit. A cette station sur 8:45 ventes de Phillip son journal à l'homme pareil pour par-dessus une année. il lui donne un retours de dollar et Phillip avec le changement. l'homme continue à marcher à travers D de section et offre le changement à christophe dubois. Christophe Dubois est sans abri. De tous les jours il visite son fils décédé et l'apporte son bonbon préféré.. un lollipop. Son seulement ami.. Jamel (une souris) partage sa poche avec les francs.

8:55 Jean assied à la section du trainstation. il repose son nouveau journal sur le côté, avec son déjeuner... les fraises fraîches, qui repose sur le sommet et continue à lire son année son vieux journal. les vieilles nouvelles de mauvais temps, un vol, l'insecte de millenium, une femme battant, et un championnat de sport a été sali par l'âge. Jean se repose sur ces mots pour apporter sa femme de mystère. Phillip tire sa poésie et commence à le citer. Sa poésie est souvent négligée et est jetée quand ses clients rendent compte les journaux sont un jour vieux. Jean est la seule personne qui lit la poésie. A travers le phillip d'année découvre Jean est un écrivain d'idylle. Il écrit des romans et inspirer des émotions d'amour et l'idylle mais pour une année il n'a rien écrit. A ce Jean de moment fantasme sur le sien enregistre. il fantasme sur la femme.

Comme beaucoup de clients à tête cruciforme (phillips).. maurice hurle à phillip pour son jour ses vieux journaux. Avec la beaucoup de pratique, phillip s'excuse de la vente du jour les vieux journaux réclamant le jour des nouvelles n'étaient jamais son intention. Il explique il y a une page dans lequel Maurice spéciaux congédient. Un de cinq ans vieux garçon, gerard, les attentes avec sa mère à la section D. Le garçon pleure, craintif de prendre le train lui-même pour voir son père. Pour Gerard de cinq ans observe son disputer de mère et père, et disputer quand finalement le père de gerards part. Chaque Gerard de samedi prend avec regret le train pour voir son père. Pleurer de Gerard de notifications de Maurice et se plaint à sa mère du danger de trains. La mère de Gerard explique les déchirures et défend son fils pleurant. Négligé et a jeté quand ses clients rendent compte les journaux sont un jour vieux. Jean est la seule personne qui lit la poésie. A travers le phillip d'année découvre Jean est un écrivain d'idylle. Il écrit des romans et inspirer des émotions d'amour et l'idylle mais pour une année il n'a rien écrit. A ce Jean de moment fantasme sur le sien enregistre. il fantasme sur la femme.

9:05 le train arrive de montmarte et de jean remarquent une femme.

Claire est victime d'un mari abusé de. sur ce jour elle se rend compte elle apportera un fils à ce monde et doit fuir du mari le jour suivant elle prendra le train à ses mères... à montmarte.

3:00 retours de Gerard à sa mère, ses retours de Phillip d'un jour long et commence au sien écrire le poème prochain, Maurice est hurlé à pour partir le plancher de salle de bains mouillé, Christophe visite son fils et introduit himto son Jamel d'ami. jean rentre à son ordinateur et est inspiré pour écrire une nouvelle histoire. une histoire de gens et d'hasard. l'histoire de la station de train. finalement les congés de père de gerards. Chaque Gerard de samedi prend avec regret le train pour voir son père. Pleurer de Gerard de notifications de Maurice et se plaint à sa mère du danger de trains. La mère de Gerard explique les déchirures et défend son fils pleurant. Négligé et a jeté quand ses clients rendent compte les journaux sont un jour vieux. Jean est la seule personne qui lit la poésie. A travers le phillip d'année découvre Jean est un écrivain d'idylle. Il écrit des romans et inspirer des émotions d'amour et l'idylle mais pour une année il n'a rien écrit. A ce Jean de moment fantasme sur le sien enregistre. il fantasme sur la femme.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-21-2003 01:03 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i'll try to get it in by tommorow.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-21-2003 04:14 AM
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

damn makes me wish i've took french instead of spanish -_-

Old Post 04-21-2003 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

roughly revised (i changed around a bunch of things though)

Le 26 mai, 1999 8:45.. un écrivain qui s'appelle Jean et un paperboy qui s'appelle Phillip se dispute dans la Section "C" et la Section "D" d'une station du train. Jean se plaint que le journal qu'il avait acheté de phillip est un jour vieil et commence à questionner Phillip. Philip commence à expliquer sa position comme un paperboy. Son jour vieux journaux sont le sien de posséder et donc le sien vendre. Donc les dates des journaux.. ne sont pas ses problèmes. Jean et Phillip continuent à se disputer quand Jean remarque Marie. Marie assied sur la Section "D" de la gare. Sa destination.. Montmarte. Elle porte avec elle sa bourse et son déjeuner, un sac de fraises. Jean devient entichée de la beauté de sa tristesse. Il se demande ce qu'inspirerait telle émotion et tels désirs de souhaiter sa bonne chance. 8:50- le train à ______ est arrivé et Marie prépare à monter ce train. à ce moment Jean a déclaré le jour le vieux journal et le sac de fraises, heureux. pour le reste du jour Jean attend à la Section "D" pour voir son arrivée de ____ retourner son déjeuner et souhaiter sa chance. Avec aucun plus de trains pour le jour.. Jean retourne le lendemain.. et le prochain.. et l'après.

Le 28 août 2000, Phillip vend ses vieux journaux un jour en retard . Mais phillip aspire à être écrivain. Chaque nuit il écrit une poème. Il les photocopie. Il les attache à ses journaux qu'il avait acheté. Maurice Moreau est un homme d'affaires.. et apprécie l'hurlement. Mais chez lui il reçoit l'hurlement- pendant le petit déjeuner, sur le téléphone, au lit. 8:45- à cette station, Phillip vend son journal à le même homme toujours pendant une année. Il lui donne un dollar et Phillip retourne avec le changement. L'homme continue à marcher à traverser la Section "D" et offre le changement à Christophe Dubois. Christophe Dubois est sans-abri. Tous les jours, il visite son fils décédé et l'apporte son bonbon préféré.. un lollipop. Son seulement ami -une souris- Jamel partage sa poche avec les francs.

8:55 Jean assied à la section de la gare. Il repose son nouveau journal sur le côté, avec son déjeuner... les fraises fraîches, qui repose sur le sommet et continue à lire son vieux journal- une année en retard. Les vieilles nouvelles de mauvais temps, un vol, l'insecte de millenium, une femme battant, et un championnat de sport a été sali par l'âge. Jean se repose sur ces mots pour apporter sa femme de mystère. Phillip tire sa poésie et commence à le citer. Sa poésie est souvent négligée et est jetée quand ses clients rendent compte les journaux sont un jour vieux. Jean est la seule personne qui lit la poésie. Tout au long de l'année Phillip découvre que Jean est un écrivain d'idylle. Il écrit des romans et inspirer des émotions d'amour et l'idylle mais pour une année il n'a rien écrit. à ce moment Il fantasme au sujet de ses livres. Il fantasme au sujet de la femme.

Comme beaucoup de clients de Phillip, Maurice hurle à phillip pour ses vieux journaux. Avec beaucoup de pratique, phillip s'excuse de la vente des vieux journaux et il reclame que le jour des nouvelles n'étaient jamais son intention. Il explique qu'il y a une page spéciale dans qui Maurice congédie. Un garçon de cinq ans, Gerard, attend avec sa mère à la section "D." Le garçon pleure, craintif de prendre le train lui-même pour voir son père. Pendant cinq années, Gerard a observé son discuter de mère et de père, et disputer quand finalement le père de gerards part. Chaque Gerard de samedi prend le train avec regret pour voir son père. Maurice voit le garçon, en train de pleurer, et se plaint à sa mère du danger de trains. La mère de Gerard explique les déchirures et défend son fils pleurant.

9:05 Le train arrive de Montmarte et Jean remarque une femme.

Claire est victime d'un mari grossier. Ce jour elle se rend compte qu'elle apportera un fils à ce monde et doit fuir du mari. Le jour suivant elle prendra le train à sa mère... à montmarte.

3:00 Gerard retourne à sa mère, Phillip retourne d'un jour long et commence pour écrire une autre poème, Maurice est hurlé à pour laisser la salle de bains tout mouillé, Christophe visite son fils et le présente à Jamel. Jean rentre chez lui à son ordinateur et est inspiré pour écrire une nouvelle histoire- une histoire de gens et d'hasard. l'histoire de la station de train.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-22-2003 01:02 AM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

omigod victor you're beautiful. thanks a bunch!!! i owe you.

btw whats your last name. n whoever helped you translate this. teacher? who?

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-22-2003 01:11 AM