Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > Courage
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

Courage

Napoleon called Marshall Ney the bravest man he had ever knwon, Yet Ney's knees trembled so badly one morning before a battle, he had difficulty mounting his horse. When he was finally in the saddle, he shouted comtemptuosly down at his limbs, "Shake away, kneeds. You would shake worse than that if you knew where I am going to take you."
Courage is not a matter of being unafraid. It is a matter of taking action even when you are afraid!
Courage is more than sheer bravado shouting, "i can do this!" and launching out with a "do-or-die" attitude over some reckless dare.
True courage is manifest when you choose to take a diffeicult or even dagerous course of action simplu beacuse it is the right thing to do. Courage is looking beyond yourself to what is best for another person.
The source of all courage is God. He promises to stay with you, helping you to accomplish whatever you have dtermined you must do. No matter what challenge you may be facing in life, God is there to strengthen you and give you the advantage of His infinite wisdom.

" Don't be afraide, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-29-2003 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

but it's hard to be courageous. =/

Old Post 01-29-2003 03:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat
but it's hard to be courageous. =/
true that... but thats why this worlds so messed up isn't it? because everyones a coward and won't go against the crowd...

Old Post 01-29-2003 05:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

there are times wen i realli feel like i'm all alone and no one can help me...and it's hard to feel God's presence then....i tell maiself that He's there and that He's going to help me but then i end up being so nervous that i screw up anyway. how is one supposed to go about obtaining this courage? how can i tell my hands to stop trembling before playing the piano wen i can't even feel God's presence?

Old Post 02-02-2003 07:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
there are times wen i realli feel like i'm all alone and no one can help me...and it's hard to feel God's presence then....i tell maiself that He's there and that He's going to help me but then i end up being so nervous that i screw up anyway. how is one supposed to go about obtaining this courage? how can i tell my hands to stop trembling before playing the piano wen i can't even feel God's presence?

iuno, but i guess its all about having faith that God is there.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 02-02-2003 09:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*~JoEy~*
. . .

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
true that... but thats why this worlds so messed up isn't it? because everyones a coward and won't go against the crowd...

Word.

Scream!!! FOB Style

Old Post 02-02-2003 10:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for *~JoEy~* Click here to Send *~JoEy~* a Private Message Visit *~JoEy~*'s homepage! Find more posts by *~JoEy~* Add *~JoEy~* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote