Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > Favorite Verses from the Bible
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jj2
JSL Member

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee

you should start reading it. though i dont believe in it (im not Christian), i find it to be very wise and practical. so i read.

really? ur not christian? but can u do that?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-22-2002 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

quote:
Originally posted by storm

lol haha I know how you feel
once I sat down and forced myself to read some (I know that's not the point of reading the bible, but...) and I'm not sure I even finished exodus before I fell asleep
some ppl say they read the bible for inspiration, answers, help, consolation and whatnot, but that thing's over a thousand pages, how are you supposed to find anything in it? it's probably just me, but the wording is so hard to understand, I had to read a sentence over...and over...and over again before I got it. it's probably just me though
oops, off track. sorry~ favourite verse? um...

you should try and get a different translation. New Living Translation is really simple.

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Old Post 08-28-2002 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swtkrnbabiez

i juss hab so mani fav. verses.....
but the ones dat rilli "get" meeh are....

Romans 12 (yes.... the whole chapter..... ^_____^)

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength..."
~*Philippians 4:13*~

Hebrews 11

"For i am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior, I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead. Since you are precious adn honored in my sight, and because i love you, i will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for i am with you; i will bring your children form the east and gather you from the west."
~*Isaiah 43:3-5*~

~*g.o.d*~

Old Post 09-04-2002 02:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for swtkrnbabiez Click here to Send swtkrnbabiez a Private Message Find more posts by swtkrnbabiez Add swtkrnbabiez to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

Favorite Verses from the Bible

Do you have a favorite verse or verses you would like to share?

Here are mine:

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
-Proverbs 16:3

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."
-Proverbs 3:5-6

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks recieves; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." - Matthew 7:7-8

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 12-12-2002 01:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eugenekim82

Luke 9:23
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Galations 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for eugenekim82 Click here to Send eugenekim82 a Private Message Find more posts by eugenekim82 Add eugenekim82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

quote:
Originally posted by eugenekim82
Luke 9:23
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Galations 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

-_-

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Old Post 12-13-2002 06:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote