Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > Daily Testimonies.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
merc

Daily Testimonies.

Share a testimony of God working in your life, whether it be a great experience or even a small assurance of his presence one day...

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-04-2002 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
i remember one time at raging waters wen i wuz like 8-9 i wuz in the big wave pool thing that has huge waves every 20 min or sumtin. it wuz realli fun and i cudn't wait for the big waves to cum. however, i wuz swimmin around 4 ft of water wen the waves started and i thot "o it's not that bad, the water's onli 4 feet deep i'll be fine"' and so i kept swimmin. then the waves got bigger and bigger and i thot i'd better go to the edge of the pool to be safe so i tried to swim there, but the waves were so big and powerful that they kept driving me bak, towards the deeper end of the pool (6 ft) i got realli scared but i kept swimmin and swimmin but i felt so tired and the waves just kept crashin over mai head and i remember thinkin "how am i gonna get out of this? am i gonna drown?" and then just wen mai strength wuz about to giv out sum lady grabbed me and pulled me so i cud hang onto her donut-floaty thing (u noe those big circles w the holes in the middle? ^^) and we rode out the rest of the waves like that. it wuz truly a miracle cuz i thot i wud hav drowned or sumtin in that pool. perhaps she wuz an angel that saved me? i like to think so. and then afterwards she wuz like "aww too bad the waves stopped wuzn't that fun??" and i wuz like "....." haha

from the "angels" thread. angels are from god so that counts rite? there hav prolli been many times where i hav felt god's presence but i can't remember rite now. i'll post later if i can think of them ^^

edit - ooo! i remember one now!! quarter's endin and i'm not gettin very good grades so i thot "well, mite as well just leave everythin in god's hands cuz there's not much hope now. onli thing to do is trust Him and see wut happens" and then it turns out that in one of the lclasses i wuz doin badly in i'm actualli gonna get an A!! i wuz so happi!!! thnk u God!

Old Post 11-07-2002 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

very nice daNNy LuV 1TYM... yea sometimes when i can do no more, i put my full trust in him too.

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 11-09-2002 02:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

hm..well, this mite seem stupid, but the more i think about it, the mroe it seems like a small miracle...God works in mysterious ways indeed.

once a coupla yrs ago wen beanie babies were still hella popular mai family and i went to a raffle. thaz wen princess and eric had just cum out and every1 wanted one. there were HUDNREDS of pplz lined up just to try to win or buy one of those lil toy bears for up to $100. well, we waited for 3-4 hrs and we just kept prayin that we would get a bear (this wuz a big deal at the time ^^ we didn't hav ne bears and we HELLA wanted one). wen we were finalli called we found out they were all gone. they had all been sold out. we were all devastated, esp mai sister and me. we just went thru the store and looked around - but it turned out that there wuz curly, anothr bear!! and he wuz onli $11!!! he happily bought him and went home. i thot it wuz so funni - the whole time we were prayin mai exact words were "plz God, let us get a bear" and God gav us one!! not ezactly the one we xpected (erin or princess) but a bear nonetheless. i wuz so happi

and i guess this isn't very significant, but i think it just shows how to hav faith in God and trust Him cuz He noez ezactly wut He's doin. it may seem like everythin's goin against u, but remember that it's all for a reason. God has His plan in mind, after all.

c'mon y'all, share sum of ur experiences! how bout urself, merc?

Old Post 11-10-2002 05:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

heh, that's mad cute...

Old Post 11-11-2002 05:38 AM
daNNy LuV 1TYM

hmm..loox like i'm the onli one hu experience miracles haha. come on y'all, share! o welpz. here i go again. maib this wil help renew sum pplz's faith? othrwise it'll just be blind postin -__-;

newaize, i already talkd bout mai grades in here a lil earlier, but it turns out i'm gettin 5 A's and 1 B!!! i thot i wuz gonna get 2 A's and 4 B's!! seriously it wuz a miracle cuz mai history teacher decided to giv every1 in the class full credit for sumtin we hadn't even turned in yet cuz we all hav such bad grds. also, i studied mai butt off for the test and got a realli high score. THANK U GOD i never wuda believed this possible.

Old Post 11-15-2002 01:47 AM
merc

"...how bout urself, merc? "

ok, here is my daily testimony.
This is something that took place during an Inner City Mission trip during the summer.... althought it may seem small and insignificant, personally, i find it one of the most powerful testimonies connected w/ the bible.

During a commitment service one night at the training site, i was feeling weak in my faith and almost hopeless. Doubts about my faith were filling my heart, along with a need for a concrete assurance from God. Amid all this growing doubt, I called out to the Lord, complaining to him.... asking if he would merely speak to me, give me some assurance of his presence. I devoted most of the service merely asking him for a simple word, a sign, or some type of signal that would rid of me of my doubts. While I was calling out to the Lord, a thought entered my mind...to open the bible. [Usually I am not one who believes in the idea that opening up random pages of the bible will give us a message from God.... and I am not really encouraging that everyone should do this.... but you will be suprised by what verse i opened up to when i opened up the bible..... ]Recall that I was asking the Lord for a sign, a word, an assurance of faith amid all my doubts....

This is the exact verse(s) I opened up to:

"Why do you complain to him that he answers none of man's words? For God does speak - now one way, now another - though man may not percieve it. " Job 33:13-14

that was a sufficient response, and i left that night assured and strengthened in my faith.

Old Post 11-15-2002 05:29 AM
daNNy LuV 1TYM

wow!! wut a good reassurance

Old Post 11-16-2002 01:21 AM