Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > flips asian???
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Don't say anything about something you don't know... in this case, you don't know anything about the Hmong history, which plays a big roll in why we are considered Asian, so don't say anything... thank you!

Besides, you shouldn't have brought up the Hmong in this thread in the first place because it had nothing to do with the Hmong...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-03-2002 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

well he knows something about hmong history. It is true that there is no definitive place hmong people are known to have been from, but there are a lot of theories and most commonly the south east china theory of origin is accepted. Then there's a theory of them migrating from Iran i think, and Russia (Siberia), and then south eastern asia like vietname and Laos. I mean, i think those are the most common origin theories about them, most accept the south east china one, but that isn't set in stone like french people being from france, hence europe. There are widely accepted ideas of where they are from, but i still think that they are from somewhere in asia, i mean they have adapted to have their own physical characteristics. Who cares if they didn't look like that back then, then they'd be a different race. Hmong is an asian race for every single reason i've been saying since this thread started. But, as i've said as well, that isn't definite, but i thikn that is the most likely option.

Ilsung, please don't say "show me some evidence" because as i've outlined it's impossible to show you evidence in your idea of infinitely regressive origins. No reiterating please

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 12-03-2002 08:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

Well, I guess there is no way to get evidence. Even if there was it'd still be quite complicated. I just don't consider them Asian because they have no clue where they actually originiated from. Like you stated, they have theories of where they came from. Ladi Jay, yes, I have HMONG friends and they have told me about this. I told them I don't think they are asian and to a point they somewhat agreed. I mean, i'd think they are Asian in another country but like I said before place a white girl who LOOKS like an asian girl in another country, i'd think she's asian too. Its just all based off assumptions and theories. Myself, doesn't believe assumptions. I just consider them Hmong, what's wrong with being Hmong? Its not like i'm going "haha you're not asian" its more along the lines of "i don't care if your asian or not" I just believe that Hmong should be considered an own ethnicity by itself. Since they'res such a great number of Hmong.

Old Post 12-03-2002 09:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Click here to Send ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó a Private Message Find more posts by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Add ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

How would the evidence be complicated? The only complicated thing at all in this entire thread is your incredibly subjective definition of what constitutes something as being one's origin. I've given you my terms, but yours is just floating around and doesn't do anything at all, it makes your argument impossible to win. Again, we're all african by your terms.

One thing, who cares what your Hmong friends think? I don't consider them a cesspool of knowledge of the hmong people just because they are hmong. You've given me ample reason to think the opposite. Who cares if they odn't know where they originated from, that doesn't mean "Hmongs have no clue where they came from." Haha, your manner of saying it disregards everything when you yourself know that that is not true at all. They have clues. So stop saying that. it sounds so dumb, hmongs have no clue whatsoever where they came from haha, sorry, it's been annoying me that you just disregard all the clues i feed you.

Anyway, it's not just assumption, its actually quite good evidence. The only bad assumption going on here is that an origin is....wahtever you say it is, but won't ever say it. We won't get anywhere until you answer this. No one has any idea what your idea of origin is, seriously you've done that poor of a job explaining.

And, no one trying to regain pride by saying hmong's are asian, stop defending yourself against nothing.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-03-2002 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

oh yeah, didn't we all ready establish that that white girl in asia example is completely irrelevent? Look back, you never said anything in response to what i said, but that answers back whatever you are going to say. White girl in asia....irrelevent...moving on please. She isn't asian because of her well established known origin all ready, asian means developing characteristics due to asian climate and whatever,like pigminting skin and eye shape, etc.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-03-2002 09:55 PM
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

I know about the white girl the reason why I brought that up is 'cause she KNOWs her origin. I never said my HMONG friends speak for everyone either now did I. All I said was that I was agreeing with you but on some sides you have to agree with me too. The evidence WOULD be complicated, who would have it? who would be able to vouch for it? etc... I'm not defending myself, I was agreeing with you. I just said that I thought they should be considered a different ethnicity since their origin is unknown.

Old Post 12-03-2002 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Click here to Send ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó a Private Message Find more posts by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Add ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó
[B I just said that I thought they should be considered a different ethnicity since their origin is unknown. [/B]

That's silly, there are other groups of people who's exact "origin" is known, just because you isolate it to Hmong, it doesn't mean they should be their own ethnicity. Ethnicity is defined by cultural and "racial" aspects, and hmong people share similar features and cultural themes with others who you deem "asian"

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

Like I said before, that's all based off of assumptions. Assumptions are not facts.

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:08 PM
tm11
down by law

how is that based off of assumptions, and what assumptions would those be? How the hell are your assertions not based off of assumptions?
you haven't answered anything we've said in this thread except for repeating that assumptions are not facts.

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

For the 20th time:

You just restate yourself, here's the one thing you have to answer before we can move on:

"When is an area considered an "origin" to a group of people?"

quote:
I know about the white girl the reason why I brought that up is 'cause she KNOWs her origin.

Ok...the white girl knows her origin, and here we are again with a point that goes absolutely nowhere. Before you respond, read my posts actually, i bet i've answered everything you are going to say. Let's here somethign new this time, k?

quote:

I never said my HMONG friends speak for everyone either now did I.

hahah, dammmmmnnnn You sure got me. No for real though, why did you even bother saying that? Surely you've heard of something called an implication, and surely you realize that you are contradicting yourself by now assuming i think somethign without explicitly saying something like you just tried to play it off as. Here's to clarify if you don't get what that means, "now i didn't exactly say your hmong friends speak for everyone now did i?"

That doesn't do anything for you at all. I said that i don't think your Hmong friends know a lot and i'm not taking their word for it, cause they obviously don't know more than you do.

quote:

All I said was that I was agreeing with you but on some sides you have to agree with me too.

No i really don't agree with you on anything. The only thing i've agreed with it is that hmongs may not have only lived in south east china. Wow, good job buddy. What are you agreeing with though, i don't understand what you mean?

quote:

The evidence WOULD be complicated, who would have it? who would be able to vouch for it?

The evidence isn't complicated...fossils haha, i've made that so clear. Now your evidence would be impossible for the mere reason i've said so many times that you can't seem to comprehend. Every human being is from Africa under your rationale. Answer this or we won't get anywhere again.

quote:
etc... I'm not defending myself, I was agreeing with you. I just said that I thought they should be considered a different ethnicity since their origin is unknown.

Well, yes you were defending yourself in the respect that by you saying like "not like i'm going "haha you're not asian"". In that way you were defending yourself, no one cares.

Please don't just reiterate your terribly supported side again. We all know what it is, at least amidst the subjectivity of which we have on idea. So, please answer the question i dont' want to reiterate again.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:11 PM
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

Half of the time I don't see a difference in your posts. Why I keep saying that is 'cause you keep bringing up things that AREN'T FACTS. I mean so what if their culture is a lot like an asian's one. Asian cultures are way different from eachother. Its not like if you do this and that in your culture than you are asian. I'm sure some white and blakc parents have the same kinda way of life as some asian parents but that doesn't make them asian 'cause they know their origin. if Hmong knew their origin, where tehy came from, instead of saying oh I think its something something something or maybe this that this. If they kept with one idea, maybe then i'da gree. But since they are talkinga bout coming from other countries, that obviously makes them not asian. that means they adapted to the asian country tradition and cultures to live there. i also heard that htey came from alaska a long time ago.

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:14 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Like I said before, that's all based off of assumptions. Assumptions are not facts.

if you can name these assumptions you've fabricated, i will give you a dollar...actually i won't, but please do it anyway.

And why do you care about facts so much? Let's follow Ilsung world again..."all right, facts are.....oh i don't know exactly i guess." Exactly, there are no facts in teh world at all or universe. Everything is a perception or belief. I don't see why you harp on this we won't ever have a "fact."

They aren't really assumptions, they are rather good clues. They reside in asia and they share asian racial aspects, hence they were a derivative of asian climate, etc to where they have become known as asian. Simple as that.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:16 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Half of the time I don't see a difference in your posts.

Change the word "Half" to "All" and we have what your posts are.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:17 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Half of the time I don't see a difference in your posts. Why I keep saying that is 'cause you keep bringing up things that AREN'T FACTS. I mean so what if their culture is a lot like an asian's one. Asian cultures are way different from eachother. Its not like if you do this and that in your culture than you are asian. I'm sure some white and blakc parents have the same kinda way of life as some asian parents but that doesn't make them asian 'cause they know their origin. if Hmong knew their origin, where tehy came from, instead of saying oh I think its something something something or maybe this that this. If they kept with one idea, maybe then i'da gree. But since they are talkinga bout coming from other countries, that obviously makes them not asian. that means they adapted to the asian country tradition and cultures to live there. i also heard that htey came from alaska a long time ago.

blah.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:20 PM
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

if you can name these assumptions you've fabricated, i will give you a dollar...actually i won't, but please do it anyway.

And why do you care about facts so much? Let's follow Ilsung world again..."all right, facts are.....oh i don't know exactly i guess." Exactly, there are no facts in teh world at all or universe. Everything is a perception or belief. I don't see why you harp on this we won't ever have a "fact."

They aren't really assumptions, they are rather good clues. They reside in asia and they share asian racial aspects, hence they were a derivative of asian climate, etc to where they have become known as asian. Simple as that.

I'm getting tired of this. No one can say they are 100% asian or even asian. Like you said its all based off of perception or beliefs. So, take that into play. YOU BELIEVE they are asian, right? When they, themselves, Hmong people have no clue where they originated from. They talk about OTHER countries, that don't reside in Asia. Don't you think its possible that they are not Asian? I'll admit there is chance that they are. I'm not saying they are 100% not. I'm just saying until its found out, people shouldn't be considering them Asian.

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:20 PM
tm11
down by law

that post was a waste, you realize that you didn't say anything new, just restating the terribly flawed point you've been trying to argue this whole time.

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:21 PM
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

yeah well there isn't a whole lot to argue about. its not that great of a subject to debate about. i'm suprised its went ont his long. oh well.

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:24 PM
tm11
down by law

it's because you keep repeating yourself.

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:25 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
i also heard that htey came from alaska a long time ago.

quote:
Why I keep saying that is 'cause you keep bringing up things that AREN'T FACTS

quote:

quote:
Assumptions are not facts

My isn't it amazing how we can contradict ourselves, hm?

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:26 PM
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

Yes, but I stated before my claim is just as good as your claim. Ontop of that, he was talking about places where they may have originated from. Notice how I said MAY and not they DID.

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:27 PM