Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Your stance on 'cloning'
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i am an atheist, and since that i don't think we are stealing any power away from anyone, nor would it be an insult to utilize our knowledge to create life because no one created us. But yeah, now we're getting into religion, but

i see what your saying. But i don't think creating life would be evil or wrong in terms of religion either. We've all ready eaten from the tree of knowledge, we've all ready commited the ultimate sin, eating the apple is only one sin, we're just continuing with it. I don't think it's wrong to create life, we've been doing it with animals for awhile. God doesn't care, we've sinned once for eating the tree of knowledge fruit, not multiple times. There isn't anything in the bible that says it's wrong either. If there is tell me, cause i'm trying to speak on a christian point of view and i don't know a whole lot about it.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-08-2002 08:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

well i would like to but im no expert at this so if someone could HELP lol

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 11-09-2002 04:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Let's get this straight with stem cell research.
There are three types of stem cells. Embryonic, adult and umbilical.
Embryonic - coming from embryos, the best stem cells because they lack formation and can change into any type of cell, generally the cell they are in proximity to.
This is useful in reconstruction of nerve cells and other cells which were previously thought to be un-reconstructible.
Umbilical - coming from the umbilical cord. Almost as good as embryonic, but there are some cells they cannot turn into (don't remember which)
Adult - Stem cells taken from the bone marrow of adults. Not as dynamic as the other two, but still effective. Considered a good option because it does not require embryos or anything we don't already have etc.

What everyone is talking about here, the cloning of a human and then organ transplant is NOT LIKELY at ALL for ALL of the reasons above. Where stem cells come from is an issue of debate because of things that parallel abortion. Scientists WANT embryonic stem cells because they are superior. The argument is if they should get them from harvesting embryos and if the government should fund them.

I'm pro-choice and I think if embryonic stem cells come into full form then they can save THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of lives.

Old Post 11-23-2002 04:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rawr itz errinn
Rawr~ SX! vrooooom!!

clones are all good if u wanna produce animals and plants and whatnot shit. cloning humans is just wrong. who the hell are we to think we can be God.

Old Post 12-08-2002 06:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rawr itz errinn Click here to Send rawr itz errinn a Private Message Find more posts by rawr itz errinn Add rawr itz errinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by rawr itz errinn
clones are all good if u wanna produce animals and plants and whatnot shit. cloning humans is just wrong. who the hell are we to think we can be God.

I would like to play "God," nothing wrong with that.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 12-08-2002 06:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by rawr itz errinn

Haven't people said this about nukes and a bunch of other things? About heliocentric theory (Well it's not exactly like this but it contradicted the church)? Hey I think this falls in with the others, so it seems ok as far as Christianity is concerned.

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote