Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > God's Image
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

God's Image

If men were created in God's image; and given the fact that the earliest trace of men were on africa; would that mean that God is black?

debate away...

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-15-2002 06:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

image doesnt necessarily have to mean appearance. it can mean an essence, or spirtual base, somethin like that.

thanx huby40

Old Post 09-15-2002 06:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by seung ju
image doesnt necessarily have to mean appearance. it can mean an essence, or spirtual base, somethin like that.

yes i realize that...but image is the main interpretation of it so i'm going by that definition.

Spritually-all humans were not...as demonstrated by the millions of different religions

Essence-kinda vague there. Being there? Animals are there. Birds are there. Reptiles are there.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-15-2002 06:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

i dunno, its too much for my feeble brain to handle. and i dont really care anyway, so blah

thanx huby40

Old Post 09-15-2002 06:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by seung ju
i dunno, its too much for my feeble brain to handle. and i dont really care anyway, so blah

hahaha yea right...feeble brain my ass

i'm interested in what people have to say though :huh:

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-15-2002 06:59 AM
MellowYellow

I think God could have been Black ... but aren't Jewish ppl black too? not BLACK... but they're black

who says every single person in Africa is BLACK.... you can't tell skin color by bones.... can you??.. maybe those creepy freeze dried mummys...uhm..

you know what? ... i just think God isn't white.... and Adam and Eve weren't white... caucasian... wutever.... they aren't.... weren't...white....

well they could have started off a bit darker skinned...i think i was watching discovery channel (whee) and it was talking about pplz skin color.. and that where you lived depended on your skin color.....so origin of man is thought to be in africa right? well they could have started off darker skinned.. and some stayed in africa and got darker... (pigments and sun.... something like that..lol) and some ppl moved north to colder climates and.... they... turned white...lol....

i don't think God is black... but he could be.....i don't think God is white.. but he could be...... i think somewhere in the middle?

Old Post 09-19-2002 04:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

no, if what you are saying is true..
then god is multi-colored
since theres, black people, white people, peach people, tan people, red people...

and if god created every man in his own image
he would have a google different looks.

Old Post 09-19-2002 04:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

wtf, now hes rainbow colored hahahah
like joseph and his coat of many colors

quote:
Originally posted by TAIgrr
a google different looks.

hahah is that a coherent phrase?

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 09-19-2002 at 04:35 AM

Old Post 09-19-2002 04:33 AM
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
hahah is that a coherent phrase?

whats coherent mean?

and anyway

i believe black people are black cause they got exposed to too much sunlight and they got a major tan that made them black
and so their offsprings were black and so on.

and the afro hair.. i cant explain it.

Old Post 09-19-2002 04:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

maybe God's 1/3 white 1/3 black and 1/4 yellow. ^^;;;;

Old Post 09-19-2002 07:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

you think God has skin color?.. let alone skin? maybe God is muscle and bones with no skin. technically he would be our image.. without skin. d=)

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 09-19-2002 08:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

yeah, I don't think we get anywhere trying to assign a color to God or trying to percieve him in that respect. I'd sort of agree with Sang...

Old Post 09-19-2002 08:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't think God is human, or sits on a throne in heaven. So um..yea i don't think he's black. i think he's more like an energy force..its what gives us life and makes our heart beat. something like that..if i knew i think i wouldn't be here, i would already be dead haha

Old Post 09-19-2002 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i think islamic culture has it right when they refuse to depict god in any form. I think it's really impossible. Then again, i think more along the lines of empiricism, so i think it'd be impossible to limn a picture of god, or anything we've never seen before in essence. Descriptions in the bible are given a plethora interpretations due to hermaneutics. Yep, sorry to state the obvious though.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 09-19-2002 09:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

u guys take things to literally

Old Post 09-19-2002 10:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by huby40
u guys take things to literally

one cannot go through life only thinking in shades of gray

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-20-2002 01:08 AM
mariposa
MaGiCaLLy DeLiCiOuS

so basically y'all think that we will look like humans in heaven?
cuz i think we will be more like God when we die - (wow, that SO can be taken the wrong way . . . but i dunno how else to say it)

Old Post 09-20-2002 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mariposa Click here to Send mariposa a Private Message Find more posts by mariposa Add mariposa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
i think islamic culture has it right when they refuse to depict god in any form. I think it's really impossible.

haha they also say there is no God but Allah..isn't allah god? o_0?? my muslim friend says that all other religions are praying to the wrong god, that we are all going to hell except for the muslims. but thats her ignorant mind for you, most muslims i know believe that too.

buddhism also doesnt depict any image of god. i think ppl make him into a human so that they can relate to him better. easier to talk to that way right?

Old Post 09-20-2002 11:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by rhymester*

haha they also say there is no God but Allah..isn't allah god? o_0?? my muslim friend says that all other religions are praying to the wrong god, that we are all going to hell except for the muslims. but thats her ignorant mind for you, most muslims i know believe that too.

buddhism also doesnt depict any image of god. i think ppl make him into a human so that they can relate to him better. easier to talk to that way right?

that's not ignorance, that's faith. Don't christians think if you don't pray to their god, then the others are all going to hell as well? What is the difference? it"s not ignorance it's faith. Christians tell me i'm going to hell all the time, how isn't that ignorant? I think all religions are, if we go by that interpretation.

They say there is no god but allah, yes. They aren't saying allah doesn't mean god, it's faulted becasue of translation. It means there is no god but god, yes, but that doesn't mean they are saying allah is not meaning "god". They directly call their god allah, in their language. So why when going to english would they switch to the word god? Sure you could, but i don't think there'd be enough reason to. So they use the english term in the translated version, but it might say something like "there is no allah but allah", or wahtever it is in its original context...that was all guesswork. But they are just addressing all gods in general, and allah is the only one they say exists. Simple as that.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 09-20-2002 12:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

yea i know god is allah, but my muslim friends say that it's a different god, its not the god we think of, it's a different god. that's why they say there is no god like allah. they are saying that the other stuff chirstians believe in is not true, that their allah is the 'correct' god. don't mean to make anyone mad, that's just what she said.

is there something like too much faith? that they completely believe in everything in their religion whether or not it makes sense?

Old Post 09-20-2002 01:10 PM