Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > why does God make us suffer?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
saranghae

why does God make us suffer?

i'm not doubting God or anything... but why does he make us suffer?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-28-2002 06:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

God is loving... but he's also righteous.. you can't forget that

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks

Old Post 08-28-2002 06:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neXt

God makes us suffer?

Experts have stated taht 90% of world suffering is caused by PPL.
the other 10% are due to natural occurences (disasters etc.) Of these natural occurences, many can be avoided. By being more conscious of the Earth's resources instead of treating it the way we do.

Old Post 08-28-2002 06:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neXt Click here to Send neXt a Private Message Find more posts by neXt Add neXt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

its not that God makes us suffer, but He does allow it. God is in control of all things.

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Old Post 08-28-2002 06:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neXt

yeah I agree

so I guess the real question is why God ALLOWS suffering.. if He is benevolent and kind?

I dont think we'll ever know

Old Post 08-28-2002 06:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neXt Click here to Send neXt a Private Message Find more posts by neXt Add neXt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz

quote:
Originally posted by neXt
yeah I agree

so I guess the real question is why God ALLOWS suffering.. if He is benevolent and kind?

in some cases its a test. Like in Job chpter 1, God told satan to test Job. "(10) 'Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. (11) But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.'
(12) The Lord said to Satan, 'Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.' Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord."

Old Post 08-28-2002 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

quote:
yeah I agree

you can't forget that He's righteous too.. He punishes you when necessary.

wherever you go, whatever you do
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks

Old Post 08-28-2002 06:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

i think it's cause he wants us to experience pain as well. i mean, u cant always be happy forever otherwise u would go nuts LOL but i guess it's to do with balance? sigh...i dont know...i'm just rambling on...

Old Post 08-28-2002 10:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

God didn't make us suffer. the ppl chose to. starting from adam and eve.. ^__^;;

Old Post 08-28-2002 04:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
God makes us suffer?

Experts have stated taht 90% of world suffering is caused by PPL.
the other 10% are due to natural occurences (disasters etc.) Of these natural occurences, many can be avoided. By being more conscious of the Earth's resources instead of treating it the way we do.

Anbody can just make up statstics. 74% of the people know that.

Old Post 08-28-2002 04:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz

also, during the tribulation period which is to come, God sends many horrible disasters n plagues to show He is the one true God.
So He also uses these things to convert people or strengthen their faith.

Old Post 08-28-2002 05:55 PM
Klumzy

well i think God allows us to suffer so that we can better appreciate the GOOD TIMES

for example, a person will never truly apprecaite good health unless he's been really sick before

Old Post 08-28-2002 06:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
liL komA xP
}>>won min<<{

wow..there ar many believers in dis forum..hehe.
well its like similar to dis..guns dont kill ppl, ppl kill pll...
God doesnt hate u, ppl hate ppl... i think.. something like dat.....hehe

aim: krNx kiD xP

Old Post 08-28-2002 06:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for liL komA xP Click here to Send liL komA xP a Private Message Visit liL komA xP's homepage! Find more posts by liL komA xP Add liL komA xP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neXt

quote:
Originally posted by jini

you can't forget that He's righteous too.. He punishes you when necessary.

so if I get cancer, I deserve it? Interesting

If God loves us unconditionally and is all forgiving, then where is your argument coming from? You are saying God is a vengeful God?

Last edited by neXt on 08-28-2002 at 08:38 PM

Old Post 08-28-2002 08:32 PM
neXt

quote:
Originally posted by huby40

Anbody can just make up statstics. 74% of the people know that.

ignorance

When research is backed up by vast amounts of data and research, I doubt they are making it up. Sure ppl can manipulate statistics, like salesman etc. but the point is there - that a great majority of the suffering on earth is caused by humans.

Old Post 08-28-2002 08:37 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

from a deistic point of view, god allows it because he simply created the world, and even if he somehow moderates the world ...g-d (had to say it once) will never intervene becasue that's never god's intention.

from the view everyone else is coming from, hmm i'll throw out a bunch of cliches. Everything happens for a reason, god knows what he/she's doing. Penance comes in many forms, that of which we won't always know at the time of its occurence as well. Sometimes we realize the purpose afterwards. Or perhaps it's just simple lesson teaching god is doing. But i agree in the fact that people aren't controlled by god, humyns do evil...not god. That does kind of contradict what i was saying earlier...hmmm peoples free will isn't controlled, but their actions are perhaps? i haven't thought of it clearly yet, so thats not that great. I'll get back here and elaborate later.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 08-28-2002 08:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

who knows if there is a good

Old Post 08-28-2002 08:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neXt

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
...g-d (had to say it once) will never intervene becasue that's never god's intention.

word

Old Post 08-28-2002 09:02 PM
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:

so if I get cancer, I deserve it? Interesting

you don't deserve it. it just happens.

Old Post 08-28-2002 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

its his way of teaching..

Old Post 08-29-2002 03:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote