Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > gay people
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bigChubuff

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

I thought they did. I'm gonna be laughing very hard one day when you get raped by someone of the same sex (now that is an example of an actual malfeasance outlined in the bible, not homosexuality)

And Again, you haven't answered me BigChubuff. Tell us of the great proof you spoke of in the bible! I'm sure it's great. While your at it...read that long post, cause i'm sure you haven't. Feel free to impress me if you have read it, cause you haven't been doing a great job of that so far.

to be honest...i did read it...
the thing is i forgot what it said

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-05-2002 01:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

good job. Now if you forgot it you can easily reread it, as it is not that long.

Old Post 04-05-2002 01:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

puahaha Snowman that thing about Chubuff gettin' raped was kinda harsh.
Eh, my personal thoughts are that they're cool and everything (all the gays i've met were nice people) as long as they don't hit on me or anything like that

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-05-2002 02:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

psycho...but u gotta admit bein homosexual is not right...

Old Post 04-05-2002 02:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

i no its not right.. but its not lyke u can stop it.. so we juss gotta deal/live wid it..

Old Post 04-05-2002 02:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat
but its not lyke u can stop it.. so we juss gotta deal/live wid it..

dude are you GAY?

Old Post 04-05-2002 03:11 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff
psycho...but u gotta admit bein homosexual is not right...

If you'd read and/or "remembered" what my other posts said, you'd already know that i think it IS right. Just a different lifestyle, and the non-existant biblical references you tell us about do not oppose it, only you now. So no, i won't admit it is not right, because it is. If you can convince me otherwise, then i will gladly admit it...though that would be rather hard. Though thus far, the only defense or offense you have in this issue is your continual restating of your opinion. That's not worth anything without reason. So supply it, and i'll see. (I have already done so, now reciprocate). You still haven't told us your Bible References BigChubuff, we are all waiting (it might just be me, but nonetheless, someone is waiting. ). Where does the bible say it is wrong? Did i not outline the references you speak of, or did i not?

And before you ask the predictable question i thought you would have asked a long time ago...no i am not gay. One can advocate without being so, correct?

Old Post 04-05-2002 03:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff

dude are you GAY?

yo im not gay im juss saing.. erff ure so immature...

Old Post 04-05-2002 05:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

wow. very heady stuff. i'm straight and catholic, and i dun see nething wrong wit it. i've alwaize been curious where EXACTLY in the Bible duz it condemn homosexuality? y do pplz care so much neways? just a way of life, like being a vegetarian or following a certain faith/relligion. like pplz hu r pro-ana; pplz r trying to stop those sites and to get help for those pplz, but if they wanna starve themselves to death, y not let them? it's their lives and it's not hurting neone. gay pplz are harmless. if they hit on u, feel flattered. realli, in a few decades i wudn't be surprised if they did let gay pplz marry. this is how white pplz used to feel bout black pplz, rite? discrimination of any kind is bad.

Old Post 04-05-2002 07:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

yes, that raping comment was not serious. Seung ju, i agree it is not funny if anyone is raped, however, the situation of his (i'm assuming BigChubuff is a him) homophobia and the fact that most people's assumptions of rapes being done by opposite sex being done on a person as homophobic as him (by one of the same sex) would be rather ironic, and in a sense rather humorous. It was meant to be jocose, not twisted.

Old Post 04-05-2002 07:42 PM
seung ju

rape is never humorous, not in any sense, no matter how ironic. have you ever looked in the eyes of someone who has been raped? it's not a pretty sight. if you think it would be in a sense humorous, you have some issues to deal with. let go of the grudge with bigchubuff and let him have his opinions, and you can have yours.

Old Post 04-05-2002 07:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Interestingly enough, i have looked in the eyes of someone who has been raped. Was it a pretty sight? no. Did it stop me from having a sense of humor and jestingly talk about the issue? no. And anyone who thinks it would be in any sense humorous has issues? I really don't think so. Late night talk shows jest about terrorism, rape, homosexuality and such. And no, i'm not saying in any way that they govern the level of humor or ability of people to joke about things. It is an example. So these people have issues as well? Is terrorism not horrible? Let's all just not talk about these things in the least bit joking way, that way we don't have "issues." I'm sure i'm not the only one who thought that that was somewhat humorous. Perhaps you are taking things a little bit too seriously. What would become of the world if we lost humor? We'd have a world of people who are afraid to say anything. Humor gets rid of the bounds of fear and allows people to talk about things more comfortably. Humor is not a bad thing (no i'm not accusing you of saying humor is bad entirely, what you are doing is saying that only selective humor is acceptable). So we can't joke about certain things? If we lived under that, we'd all be still under Britain's rule (i don't wanna confuse myself by going farther back than that, and i'm not giving full creditation to humor and propaganda towards the revolution, but a part of it), and everyone would be of the same religion, never speaking out or joking towards the government. Is it funny to say that someone is going to hell? People would have taken that VERY seriously in the past. They may have acted in the same manner that you have just done. But the fact is that people joke about this all the time now, and though many hold many of the same beliefs as people in the past, they have become less fearing of it. See what i'm getting at? Joking of it is not a bad thing, of anything. Rape doesn't have to be something full of just seriousness and Fear. It can be filled with a sense much like being mugged or something of the such. People have a much more lay back attitude towards it than in the past, and now spend more time knowing about it and taking precautions not to be stolen from (or in this case, raped), than fearing it. I understand if you want the seriousness of it to remain, but i don't feel it's necessary or does it help the issue.

As for Bigchubuff, it may seem like i have a grudge with him but i really don't. He is entitled to his opinion but all he delivers is indirect, short responses. I just want him to tell us what he was talking about when he said the bible says homosexuality is bad. I posted what i thought covered the bible references, and if he knows of another that actually does work for his side; i would like to hear it. We can have an intelligent conversation then, instead of this dodgy forum talk.

Anyway kudahafus everyone, i have to go deal with my "issues"

Old Post 04-05-2002 08:52 PM
seung ju

when rape hits close to home, you learn to look at it VERY serisouly. there are just some things you shouldnt joke about, and that's one of them. it's bad taste on your part to say something like that. you need to learn some tact.

Old Post 04-05-2002 09:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Rape HAS hit close to home. I was all serious about it too, but what turned me around was when she started to jostle me and tell me NOT to be so serious about it. I was afraid to say anything about it, but she wouldn't let it take over her life and i wasn't going to either. She was tired of living in its serious atmosphere, and has been known to laugh at those comments and (as hard as it may be to believe to you) joke about her rape situation as well. So how is your rape situation prioritized over mine?

Also, how is this different in the sense of all examples i had brought up in the previous post? People looked at damnation VERY seriously in the past, and i'm sure especially in nations like Israel that people take terrorism VERY seriously. We have no problem jesting it, and i'm sure they do every once in awhile. I don't see your rationale.

There shouldn't be anything you shouldn't joke about, there wasn't any real threat. The only thing you shouldn't joke about are things like saying you have a bomb or otherwise. Thats where i draw the line. Something that poses a threat. No, i didn't say "I'm going to rape you." I said it would be humorous of the irony of the situation. What do you envision my meaning of humorous? A slight grin? cachinating? I'm sure you'd have a completely straight face. So now we must stay completely serious in order to better society, that is absurd and won't help anyone. Humor is not a bad thing, and it was not bad taste on my part. If anything, it got you and me both thinking about the sides of the issue. It was a small jest that someone as uptight as yourself felt the need to respond to. It wasn't meant to be taken as serious as you augmented it to be.

And there wasn't any harm intended in the comment. And i'm not saying it's entirely humorous, because it's not. But you are making it too serious. And that serious attitude won't do anything to help the problem.

And as for tact, i believe i have tact. Obviously, it is not as restricted as your tact but i have learned it. Though then again, i have "issues," right? And so do a whole lot of people as you say. But rape is an occurence that does not need to be exempt from people's jesting comments. There's no need, why should it? Because it's "terrible and horrible?", "affects people," or "hit's close to home and now i learned it's very serious."? That mentality won't accomplish anything. And humor is the stepping stone to discourse. With an atmosphere of seriousness, there is always the feeling of uncomfortness (however slight). My comment and other jesting remarks help enervate the effect it may have upon people. This serious attitude doesn't need to exist, and i think it's counterproductive. You'll be more ept and knowledgable to avoid this occurence without it.

Old Post 04-06-2002 07:37 AM
seung ju

why is my situation is prioritized over yours? shit, the world doesnt revolve around you, but if you want an answer: it completely fucked up her life. you have no idea how messed up emotionally she is now, b/c it happened not once, but THREE FUCKIN TIMES. every time i hear stupid ass comments like yours, it makes me think about the nights she stayed up all night crying, how she doesnt understand why things happen like this, the suicide attempts, and the list goes on. you go on joking about it, no harm intended, whatever man. but you think better think about the people who wont like comments like that b/c it makes them think about that shit. just b/c you think one way doesnt mean everyone else does and it doesnt make you the prime example on how everyone should think.

Old Post 04-06-2002 07:59 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

The reason i asked was not because i thought my aquaintance with the sitatuion of rape was superceded yours, but because you continually acted like yours was. you didn't answer anything in my post, and then just say "well, if rape hits close to home then it gets very serious." As if you were questioning the validity of mine. You were the one acting like the entire rape scene revolved around you, not me. I was saying in my inquiry that no matter what the situation of rape, there is no prioritization, ok? But, obviously you think that you have more knowledge in this area than i do, as i quote from you: "why is my situation is prioritized over yours? shit, the world doesnt revolve around you, but if you want an answer:" Your the one being the "prime example. You think Terrorism is a joke (I'm Pakistani btw, and my parents lived their 30-some years of there life with family there right now)? It's not. 6 suicide bombers in 6 days? You think thats infinitely less important than rape? This is a regular occurence! The killing of hundreds of lives, huh? You didn't even respond, all i hear is this sob story. My point is that people are able to find even slight joy in the jesting of horrible events. And that is not a bad thing.

And if you think humor could not make your situation any better, you are wrong. It has come to where you guys cry about it, and you think that you would cry and feel terrible about the predicament if you would take a less serious approach to it. Listen, i can't tell your friend what to think of her victimization, but you are actually here and i'm telling you, it doesn't need to take over your life. It's as if you are on the brink constantly with this mentality of seriousness and that any "stupidass comment" that you hear, you explode on. Just because i think this way doesn't mean you have to. I never said so, i never heard any rationale for your mentality other than your continual restating of your rape story. It doesn't matter what she and you went through, we're talking about how people cope with the situation and avoid it (not who's story is worse). I never said you had to think the way i do, but you don't seem open to anything (you don't need to accuse me of saying i am not, because on one hand i do agree with you, but on the other i just don't), and your mentality sure doesn't seem to make you happy they way you are coping right now. I'm not the prime example, i'm just suggesting it to you. It sounds horrible what happened to your friend, and what you must have gone through. I do apologize for being the catalyst for your angry feelings towards my comment and me. Though you could be getting uptight needlessly. It's a sad event, and though a comment may remind you of it you don't need to explode on it or dwell, it's unnecesary to have this rage and unhealthy in my opinion (no you don't need to think the way i do, this isn't the prime example, and the world doesn't revolve around me, i'm giving you advice not a lecture, learn how to take it.). Though you just accuse me of saying i'm the paradigm for all to follow, when i am not.

You want to keep on living the way you are and coping with rape the way you want, then fine. My friend seems better off than yours (as you described her times) and thats not just due to her predicament (if your interested she was drugged at a party, and tried to get away when she began to notice and a guy was following her closeby but it was too late. As she started to run the drug was all ready taking effect and she collapsed. Giving her a nasty injury on her forehead. She woke up later, but never got the guy who did it to her. Her "friends" assumed she left early and left her) Though that didn't happen three times, i think that her humor towards the event has helped her get through it. And if it doesn't for you then fine, but thats my opinion. If it helps, why not? Anyway, you put an awful lot of words in my mouth. I'm suggesting this to you. What you do with it is up to you. I'm not putting my self on a "higher level" in this area, but you haven't said anything in response to me, except repetition of your story and telling me to learn some tact. Just because i wrote down some rationale doesn't make me a prime example. It was your interpretation. And again, your hostile comments and mentality is not being helped by your serious attitude (i know i've said this a lot, but you don't acknowledge it).

And finally, yes, there was no harm intended in the comment, believe it because it doesn't have to always be occur.

Old Post 04-06-2002 08:50 AM
Jun
YG 4 Eva~!

ok that is pretty sick if you can talk jokingly about rape o_O at all

i agree with seung ju.
Its not apropriate to joke about rape.. or killing people or anything. Those types of events are heartbreakingly sad.
People sharing their stories is a WAY to help others to learn about these things as well as for the victims to heal. It is not some meaningless crap like you are trying to make it out to be. True we can LEARN ABOUT how to TRY to avoid these types of things.. but in a rape situation remember men are more often stronge than the girl and it can me hard for her to stop something like that.

If something tragic happened to YOU would you want people to laugh about it? I dont think so so why dont you take the fuckin stick out of your ass and go back to your corner.

Old Post 04-06-2002 09:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jun Click here to Send Jun a Private Message Visit Jun's homepage! Find more posts by Jun Add Jun to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

heh guys watch ur mouTh..erff ^^;;;
hmm but i agree with seung ju..i dont think u should joke about rape or killing.. i wouldnt see you joking about it after another gay men raped u......^^;

Last edited by krnxswat on 04-06-2002 at 07:26 PM

Old Post 04-06-2002 09:25 AM
seung ju

what the hell pyschosnowman? all you did was take my words and point them back at me. i guess we feel the same way about each other. and you said people are able to find even the slightest jest in the occurence of horrible events, but not everyone is like that. and wtf? did i ever say terrorism is good? no. is it relevant to what we're talking about? no. terrorism and rape are two COMPLETLY different things. your friend is a lucky case, she was able to cope with it. the people i know who have been raped, on the other hand, could not. it's those people and those involved with it that comments like the one you posted have a tendency to offend, and just blurting it out in hopes to cheer up the situation isnt doing any good, and is tactless. you try telling the parents of those who have been raped to "cheer up, it'll make you feel better." do you think they'll be open to it? of all the parents i've known of those who have been raped, there has been nothing but anger and hostility towards the situation, and can you really blame them? unfortunatly, the number of people i know who have been raped is extremely high, and in that sense i could never put any humor into it. and i'm not on the brink, ready to snap at someone who brings it up, its just when its taken light heartedly that it offends me. anyway, you say i keep repeating myself, but you do the same thing, except yours is in the form of million word paragraphs. and really, i dont have to acknowledge anything you say, do you think i have to? this is just a forum, i dont even know you, so why do i owe you any kind of explanation? i'm just posting this b/c if i didnt, from what i've seen with your actions with bigchubuff, you would continually say "why wont seung ju respond, bla bla bla," and i dont feel like inflating your ego. anyway, i'm gonna drop the subject b/c this isnt going anywhere. have a blessed day. peace out.

Old Post 04-06-2002 09:37 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i agree more with Seung Ju, mostly in part that different people have different ways of dealing with rape. The majority of people who have been raped suffer from trauma, and their whole lives are throw askew by it. And do most people like to joke about that? I would imagine, no and that is why rape shouldn't be something joked about.
Of course, when you have a case like Snowman's i suppose joking about it would be appropriate, as long as they condone it.
As mentioned earlier, different people have different ways of dealing with situations and the way people should treat rape victims varies from person to person and how the victim views the whole experience.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-06-2002 10:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote