Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > gay people
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
xem

it's ok with me, doesnt bother me but what does bother me is that it bothers other people
hehe ~~~ ok.... :sleepy:

credits to: 1tymDiva and divabug.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2002 05:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xem Click here to Send xem a Private Message Find more posts by xem Add xem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Samus Aran
Diva Cat

quote:
Originally posted by SoundCtrl
Plus, I don't see how a guy woud get an urge to kiss another guy or be with another one for that matter...ewwww.

Well, of course you don't. You're not homosexual.

Yes, I have a number of gay friends, and they're no different than anyone else. In fact, usually they're more open-minded and understanding than most.

I don't see anything wrong with being gay. People should be able to live the way they want to. People shouldn't have to be afraid of who they really are.

When people think about homosexuality, they usually find it hard to look past the whole "male and male," or "female and female" thing. But really, it's just two people who love each other. What's so "wrong" or "disgusting" about that?

Well, that's just my 2 cents, anyway.

[ Find me @ xanga/mao ]

Last edited by Samus Aran on 04-02-2002 at 08:06 PM

Old Post 04-02-2002 05:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Samus Aran Click here to Send Samus Aran a Private Message Visit Samus Aran's homepage! Find more posts by Samus Aran Add Samus Aran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

i find gay people nicer. :huh:

Last edited by krnxswat on 04-02-2002 at 06:55 PM

Old Post 04-02-2002 06:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

I don't see anything wrong with it, and in fact, as many people are saying they don't agree with it but won't stop it. I am not gay, but i agree with it. It's the same as regular dating but with the same sex. It's an ideal or lifestyle that doesn't hurt anyone. Like someone who just does something differently than others. I personally find them much nicer and less judgemental than "straight" people. People need to stop getting involved in such trivial details as this, and see people as other people not conformists to your own individual ideals (don't even go into me condoning terrorism...cause i'm not).

To the person who agrees with lesbians and not gay men: I'd like to see some rationale for that. You went on later to negate someone's response who said that it was their own choice So who's choice is it? Yours? Or God's? What if they don't believe in god or a different one? This is sexist and feeble. Anyway i'll give you a chance to rebut.

On another note, i feel a strong sense of homophobia everywhere. At the very first signal of it people begin to feel uncomfortable and for what reason? I don't care if you don't agree with it but don't treat them differently in a bad way. Even the phrase "that's gay" enunciates a tone of homophobia. I hope we'll all get over this in the coming generations.

Old Post 04-03-2002 07:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

BTW, that middle part was for "bigChubuff" if you could not tell.

Old Post 04-03-2002 07:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yupkipucca
::Yupki::

i think that being gay is okay because that's what makes them them... and some are nicer.. it's like with race, what's on the outside doesn't matter.... or in this case what sex they like

Old Post 04-03-2002 09:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yupkipucca Click here to Send yupkipucca a Private Message Find more posts by yupkipucca Add yupkipucca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
im telling you guys.. go meet and hang out with some gay people.. you will change your mind on how you view them

i aint interested in hangin out wit gay kids...

Old Post 04-03-2002 11:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff

i aint interested in hangin out wit gay kids...

It'd do you a whole lot of good. And no i don't think thats subjective. Ignorance is an ugly thing. Anyway, you still haven't answered me BigChubuff.

Old Post 04-03-2002 12:40 PM
bigChubuff

o...i dont kno what to say..
come to think about..lesboz arent right either since bein a homo is agianst religion

Old Post 04-03-2002 12:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

There we go, at least you have some logic of consistency now BigChubuff. Though i disagree with you, i think i'll preach a little about religion (christianity) and homosexuality.

First of all, nowhere in the bible does it mention the word homosexual. The term was not even developed in any language until the 1890's, and incorrect english translations drive that false truth farther. (reminds me of the use of centrifical force instead of centripetal but thats beside the issue). The bias of the translators attempt to make it more "modern" by doing so but in effect only increase its incorrectness. Anyway, there are only 8 references to something that could be homosexual in nature, but to no extent as those religious people will claim. Just because it sounds like it would be in the bible does not make it so, and it's not.

Furthermore, the 8 references to these is so much smaller in contrast to the sins mentioned throughout it of money, killing, etc. Common references used to condemn homosexuality come from two words in I Corinthians 6:9, and one word in Timothy 1:10. These new interpretations of these words have led us to believe it mean gay people. But up until the 20th century it was understood for the first reference as to masturbation and the second towards male prositutes (whom existed in the time of its writing, they could be hired by male and females). Other references such as the sin in Sodom and Gommorah passage (Genesis 19: 1-10) less about homosexuality than it is about gang rape and inhospitality. But let's look at this instance a little further.

For a lot of people this is the "big condemnation" or proof of its evil. But the scene is simply this: Lot was struggling to uphold, what we call the "universal law of hospitality", to two men (heterosexual) that came to his home who threatened to gang rape the two male angels in Lot's home. After this Lot offers his two virgin daughters in place of them. What does this passage show us? It shows the value of angels and humans. Not homosexuals and heterosexual issues. By offering them his daughters it shows the demoralizing and devaluing of human beings in contrast to angels. The two men were after the angels, and instead fell pray to the bait of women. It's not even about male angels, just angels. People think this is such proof, but look at it they are eluded by side issue and fail to recognize the central issue here (dehumanizing and the bait here, not the gender of the angels)

These references are minimal in contrast to others yet people blow it up with their "own beliefs", yes thats right. It's not god's, their yours.

Finally, allow me to post a quote from the bible that i believe summates God's views on his people:

"do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of god? do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of god. and that is what some of you were. but you were washed. you were sanctified. you were justified in the name of the lord jesus christ and by the spirit of our god."

He's saying that all is all right, and that the main importance is the devotion and following of God. I don't think he'd care if his most trusting follower was homosexual or not, it's all in the following. And no, i don't think the sexually immoral part refers to homosexuality...it is about rape and such. The homosexual reference there would never have been in the bible until recently as i have stated before. It is a translation change to accomodate for modern times, but we must remember that it was written in ancient times, and that won't fit the present. It has to remain in its own tact to convey the proper message. Anyway, this was long and a lot of you probably won't read it, but have fun if you do.

Old Post 04-03-2002 01:17 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

reread the bible or read my previous post. There is too much false truth in this bible condemning homosexuality.

Old Post 04-04-2002 07:03 AM
krnxswat
what a joke!

ahH why did i even start this tOpiC

Old Post 04-04-2002 08:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

i believe that bible says somethin like dont act like the same sex as u :huh:

Old Post 04-04-2002 10:38 AM
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
i believe that bible says somethin like dont act like the same sex as u :huh:

hmmmm.. which book? chapter? verse?

Old Post 04-04-2002 11:02 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

haha, this is turning into quite a topic...anyway:

All you people need to realize something: Your presumption or the extended assertions you get from other people assumptions of the contents of the bible do not make it anything more than an assumption. Read it actually. Societal assumptions that have become tenets of the society do not make them correct.

BigChubuff, you don't know what you are talking about. And for once, actually read my post before posting mindlessly and blindly (it's the big long one, okay?). That post talks about your "proof" in the bible i'm guessing. And that guess is a lot better than the one that your throwing out. Tell us which reference you are talking about and we can have some actual intelligent discourse on it, k?

Old Post 04-04-2002 03:22 PM
Ace of Pace

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
im telling you guys.. go meet and hang out with some gay people.. you will change your mind on how you view them

What if they come on to me?

Last edited by Ace of Pace on 04-05-2002 at 12:02 AM

Old Post 04-04-2002 11:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ace of Pace Click here to Send Ace of Pace a Private Message Find more posts by Ace of Pace Add Ace of Pace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luna
HeeJun A Holic

Without gay people I wouldn't be able to write GFics.....or atleast not without guys who have gay tendencies....*lol*

JunTa Jjang~!

-Luna-

Much Thanks to Orehnjee!! ^o^

Old Post 04-05-2002 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Luna Click here to Send Luna a Private Message Visit Luna's homepage! Find more posts by Luna Add Luna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

gay people scares me..

Old Post 04-05-2002 11:27 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
gay people scares me..

I thought they did. I'm gonna be laughing very hard one day when you get raped by someone of the same sex (now that is an example of an actual malfeasance outlined in the bible, not homosexuality)

And Again, you haven't answered me BigChubuff. Tell us of the great proof you spoke of in the bible! I'm sure it's great. While your at it...read that long post, cause i'm sure you haven't. Feel free to impress me if you have read it, cause you haven't been doing a great job of that so far.

Old Post 04-05-2002 12:14 PM
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
I thought they did. I'm gonna be laughing very hard one day when you get raped by someone of the same sex (now that is an example of an actual malfeasance outlined in the bible, not homosexuality)

that's a twisted thing to say, how would you like it if everyone laughed after someone fucked you in the ass?

Last edited by seung ju on 04-05-2002 at 12:58 PM

Old Post 04-05-2002 12:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote