Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Catholic and Christian
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JungJInHo

First of all, ur pastor may sound narrow minded and prejudice in his beliefs, but dont scorn him, because some of the things that he says are true. For one, they are polytheistic to a certain extent. THey look at Jesus as God, but they also view Mary as having to an extent, power over Jesus, since she was his earthly mother. Thats y if u hav ever seen them, the Catholics have little shrines of Mary on their lawns. Secondly the Catholic church is extremely corrupt. Now before u all grill me on this point, look at history, throughout the middle ages, the pope, who is a religious head, and claims to be more powerful than all the kings and leaders (mind u it never says in the bible that there should b an all powerful pope), stated that eternal life can be obtained through donation of money. NOW THAT IS SUCH BS! They are such hypocrites, it says in the bible that eternal life is free, and cannot be obtained through works. Secondly today the catholic church has all these cases of pedophilia (i think thats how u say it). Abuse of children wouldnt happen if the priests just did as the bible said, and had a wife and children like the bible says. So for any of the catholic church's "good points", they really are screwed up at the core...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-02-2002 04:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JungJInHo Click here to Send JungJInHo a Private Message Find more posts by JungJInHo Add JungJInHo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

my cuzin's gf .. whose Christian .. told my other cuzin that Christian's prayed directly to God and Catholics prayed thru Mary or sumthing like dat .

i'm Catholic..but not very religious...and yea..when dere was not any korean Catholic churches in vegas..we went to a Christian church..and the pastor was saying how God will save you if you donate lots of money...

Old Post 06-02-2002 06:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yupkki MEL

Last edited by Yupkki MEL on 05-18-2007 at 05:53 PM

Old Post 06-05-2002 06:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Yupkki MEL Find more posts by Yupkki MEL Add Yupkki MEL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

well one thing, you some of you bash the catholic church about pedophile priests like it only happens there. i've heard cases of it occuring in baptist and methodist churches too, but only the catholic has gotten national attention.

and mormons are more messed up than catholics. they're not even christian but try to put that image out anyway. they're the fakest religion ever.

Old Post 06-06-2002 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote