Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > God's Image
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

it is a different god, it may translate to god, but it refers to an entirely different entity.

yes, there is something as too much faith (i'm atheist if i came off as a creationist). Blind following happens all the time. My point in the post is that christians say the same thing as muslims, you make it sound like muslims are the only ones saying their god is correct. Christians do teh same thing. I mean i've been evangelized (i'm sure i used that word wrong, but i hope you get what i meant) by so many christians, and never one muslim in my life...but they both believe in different gods, and both believe they are correct. It's not just muslims, more on teh contrary, usually it's christians who say it.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 09-20-2002 at 08:47 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2002 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
My point in the post is that christians say the same thing as muslims, you make it sound like muslims are the only ones saying their god is correct. Christians do teh same thing.

It's not just muslims, more on teh contrary, usually it's christians who say it.

yes, christians are more outspoken and stubborn on the fact that non-believers will suffer in the seething flames of hell.

However since we live in a largely white society, it is inheirent that we would get more exposure to their propoganda.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-20-2002 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
...but they both believe in different gods, and both believe they are correct. It's not just muslims, more on teh contrary, usually it's christians who say it.

yes yes i agree.

how come people can have blind faith..and just follow whatever others say. they don't ever question? it's just like in the army, they never question orders.

Old Post 09-21-2002 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KoreanDevil

if earliest trace of men were on africa.....doesn't that mean that everyone should be black??? i mean i'm sure that you got the fact from the bible that men were created in God's image....that means everyone that's living should be black since the first men were black.......mmmMMmmm...i'm confuing myself...

Old Post 09-23-2002 09:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KoreanDevil Click here to Send KoreanDevil a Private Message Find more posts by KoreanDevil Add KoreanDevil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by rhymester*

yes yes i agree.

how come people can have blind faith..and just follow whatever others say. they don't ever question? it's just like in the army, they never question orders.

The same reason people can have anything, or do anything. They think. You know this all ready i'm sure, there isn't one reason people do certain things. People can "have" blind faith because there isn't anyting stopping them. Some people need something to believe in, others don't care enough to question, while other's have extreme faith, or whatever. People can have blind faith like people can have cheese for dinner. It's their choice.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 09-23-2002 11:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznliquid

You are hungry, you have nothing to eat.
You will soon die, maybe one more day.
You pass a house and look through the window:
you see a table loaded with food. A man comes
to you and tells you: "here, I have the key
for the front door, you only have to pray
to me and follow my rules. It is your decision,
pray and live, or die as a free man." You
think for a while and then ask him: "There is
so much food in the house. It is enough for
both of us, even for many more people, why
don't you show some mercy and give it to me
for free. I will DIE if you do not give it
to me!!!" But the old man replies: "NO
MERCY FOR YOU! Be my slave or die. The food
is all mine and I am greedy."
That is the christian definiton of freedom,
die or pray.

I didn't write this.....friend sent it to me. I just hate it when ppl tell me I'm going to hell.....hate it more when they try to convert me. I don't hate all religion....just the ignorant ones.

And I don't think Christian accept the theory that man first appeared in Afferica.

Old Post 10-08-2002 05:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznliquid Click here to Send aznliquid a Private Message Find more posts by aznliquid Add aznliquid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

in response to the previous persons last statement...

i'd like to say no one knows where garden of eden was... ppl have speculated it to be here or there.... but no one really knows for sure

God is white.... a big bright white light..... that's God....

i know ppl will probably think i'm wrong... but uhm... so a lot of the religions out there have... A god... right? A god... and in the simpilest form... they have basically the same uhm.. i guess morals? so i think what i'm trying to say is... that the religions all have something right? uhm... no that's not it...

uhm... errr... maybe there's like one master religion... and like all these religions we have today are different.... "sects" of it.... like how jewish ppl are actually a sect of some other ancient (or uh not so ancient) religion? or maybe through history it just got twisted and perverse....

i dunno i lost my point haha....

Old Post 10-08-2002 07:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by KoreanDevil
if earliest trace of men were on africa.....doesn't that mean that everyone should be black??? i mean i'm sure that you got the fact from the bible that men were created in God's image....that means everyone that's living should be black since the first men were black.......mmmMMmmm...i'm confuing myself...

not everybody in africa is black.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 10-08-2002 09:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU

not everybody in africa is black.

and those who migrated from africa changed their genetics to adapt with the weather (e.g. lighter skin for cooler weather and less sun)

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-09-2002 01:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

and those who migrated from africa changed their genetics to adapt with the weather (e.g. lighter skin for cooler weather and less sun)

it's not a tan.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 10-09-2002 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
it's not a tan.

i realize that. It is a genetic adaptation to the climate.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-09-2002 03:54 AM
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

i realize that. It is a genetic adaptation to the climate.

i think that's the term i was looking for... lol... go discovery channel!.... apparently ppl (as in they were all "black" ) like lost their need for pigmentation (er?) in the skin... and that's why some ppl are ... "white"...

alright nevermind....i don't even remember the show anymore truthfully...i just remember some white ppl walkin round.. and uh... sumthing about UV rays... and yea the stuff i ...

okay what were we talking about again? just cuz God made man in his image doesn't mean they're a specific "color".... it just means that.... we have hands..... God has hands.... we have a head.... God has a head........ and i think someone mentioned it before in this thread... but we're taking things too literally....

Old Post 10-09-2002 06:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
but we're taking things too literally....

Perhaps.
I would like to hear a person that is a firm believer in the bible (meaning, everything is interpreted AS IS) to answer this question.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-09-2002 06:40 AM