Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Food > kimchi
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
krnxswat
what a joke!

kimchi

mMmmmm

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-01-2002 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

uh okay?

haha..... mmm.... pretty useless thread unless you want to explain to ppl how to make it.... i dunno all the ingrediants but i know the general steps

you have to clean and rip each of the big uhm.... lettuce leaves from the head. ( i dunno what type of lettuce? or cabbage? it's BIG and long) then you "marinate" it in salt water. Put them in a big bowl and pour water and salt in it... wait a couple of days (or 1)... and then mix all the ingrediants in.... just rub them together.... and then put in container... and let sit... then eat

some of the ingrediants are... ground red pepper... garlic.... sugar..... and...... i really don't remember the rest... get kick started from there.....

Old Post 05-01-2002 09:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

can somebody tell me what this whole kimchi process is? My mom makes kimchi and she tells me that you have to store it to let go through fermentation.

A few years ago, we used to bury the kimchi in underground holes during the winter. (i used to fall in the holes ) Then we dug it back out.

Now we have a big kimchi machine that refrigerates it i guess. It tells the temperature and the quality of the kimchi. We dont' have to make holes anymore....

So what's the whole kimchi process?

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero-Sen

spiced up pickled cabbage leaves. Like pickled cumcumbers. aka PICKLES.

Old Post 05-07-2002 11:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

quote:
Originally posted by huby40

Now we have a big kimchi machine that refrigerates it i guess. It tells the temperature and the quality of the kimchi. We dont' have to make holes anymore....

i saw commercials for da kimchi refrig..i thought it was juss a regular one..but i guess not ^^

Old Post 05-07-2002 12:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

our family gets our kimchi from Kimchi House ^_^
that place has the BEST dang kimchi you'll ever have!
it's in Gardena, California, so ask some Korean people you see around about that place when you stop by Gardena.

Old Post 05-07-2002 04:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
uh okay?i dunno all the ingrediants but i know the general steps
you have to clean and rip each of the big uhm.... lettuce leaves from the head. ( i dunno what type of lettuce? or cabbage? it's BIG and long) then you "marinate" it in salt water.

Kimchi is made of Napa cabbage. kimchi is a korean condiment to like mostly everything. it is usually eaten with rice and can be added to soups and ramyen to spicen things up a bit.

Old Post 05-09-2002 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote