Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > TV and Movies > Jet li Vs. jackie chan
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
xenno

Jet li Vs. jackie chan

take your pick.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-17-2002 05:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xenno Click here to Send xenno a Private Message Find more posts by xenno Add xenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

i'd rather see jackie chan. sure he can do pretty much everything jet li can do, even at his age. if they were both the same age then they'd be pretty much equal in fighting and stunts.

but Jackie Chan is a better actor than Jet Li. so, jackie wins.

Old Post 05-18-2002 03:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero-Sen

Jacky Chan was here first and will is much better. Plus he PUNCHED bruce lee whom everyone knows is the best.

Old Post 05-20-2002 03:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

my uncle lOoks like jackie chan..

i'd say jackie chan..althO jet li has skill..he cant speak eng as well as mr. chan

Old Post 05-20-2002 03:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Bruce Lee whoops em all...

but you gotta give props to Jackie Chan hes cool
Jet Li is better in his Hong Kong movies

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-27-2002 07:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

jackie chan has switched to more of a comedy-based type movie, with less fighting. there are a lot more fights in his older movies from several years back (maybe he's getting old ). i think jet li looks realli good in fights, but he always seem shorter than everyone else

Old Post 05-27-2002 02:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

i would have to vote on Jackie Chan cause his movies are alot better. i lost all respect for Jet Li in THE ONE, that movie was so damn stupid.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 05-28-2002 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xenno

Jackie Is comin out with a chinese james bond movie... called tuxedo... Jet li's next movie release is Hero.. With Zang Zi yi, Donnie Yen..

Old Post 05-29-2002 01:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xenno Click here to Send xenno a Private Message Find more posts by xenno Add xenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hoyoungz luv
eunice~

I like Jackie Chan~ Every single one of his movies that I've seen was hilarious. I like his older movies better though, when he was so much younger. They had funny storylines. Now the jokes are kind of corny... but it's all good.

I don't really like Jet Li though. Only movie I remember liking was 'Romeo Must Die.'

come join the fun -> and ->

Old Post 06-07-2002 10:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hoyoungz luv Click here to Send hoyoungz luv a Private Message Find more posts by hoyoungz luv Add hoyoungz luv to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AggieDawg

Jet Li's Chinese movies are mostly pretty damn good! Especially those Once Upon a Time in China flicks. However his US film is mediocre at best, since most of them are really stupid. So the Jacky Chan movies seems to be more entertaining, but overall I like Jet Li better. It's a crapshoot, both are good!

Old Post 06-07-2002 04:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AggieDawg Click here to Send AggieDawg a Private Message Find more posts by AggieDawg Add AggieDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i keep thinking that jackie chan can do a whole lot more than he shows off in his movies, though he is very good from what i can tell from the movies, but jet li shows off a lot of stuff and i'd have to say jet li would win in the fight if they won based on the movie evidence, but i'm not sure.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 06-07-2002 04:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AggieDawg

Jet Li was actually on the Chinese kungfu team and was one of the best in China at a very young age..i think he won some big award when he was 12 or something...
Jacky Chan was in the Beijing Opera School i think, and i think from that, he picked up various types of Wu Shu/Kungfu. Overall, Jet Li will kick Jacky Chan's ass if they ever get in a fight!
Bruce Lee still ownz both of their asses though!

Old Post 06-08-2002 06:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AggieDawg Click here to Send AggieDawg a Private Message Find more posts by AggieDawg Add AggieDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

heh .. yep, lee soryung's the BEST there was.
i liked jackie chan too..
but i like jet li better.. i like the way he fights better

but i like both

Old Post 06-25-2002 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LuvSunghoonie
KangSunghoonie

I like Jackie Chan better too.. I mean his better at stunts.. and acting too.. Jet Lee is ok.. I dont like his English tho, he sounds soo weird speaking English..
See Jackie Chan has been an idol of mine sine i was lil.. so Course I like him better~!!! and His fighting is much better then Jet Lee's

Old Post 06-29-2002 05:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LuvSunghoonie Click here to Send LuvSunghoonie a Private Message Visit LuvSunghoonie's homepage! Find more posts by LuvSunghoonie Add LuvSunghoonie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

Jet Li was on the Chinese National Wushu Team. Jackie Chan though more experienced is lacking in his years, so I'd give it to Li. And for some reason I highly doubt that Bruce Lee was the best. I mean yeah the guy was good but only became publicly famous after his death. And I mean really famous. And yes I know he created the art of Jeet Kune Do, which if he was alive to this date would've evolved more. But there are plenty of other grand masters that we haven't even heard about that would've probably handed bruce his ass.

Old Post 07-11-2002 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by ryosuke
Jet Li was on the Chinese National Wushu Team. Jackie Chan though more experienced is lacking in his years, so I'd give it to Li. And for some reason I highly doubt that Bruce Lee was the best. I mean yeah the guy was good but only became publicly famous after his death. And I mean really famous. And yes I know he created the art of Jeet Kune Do, which if he was alive to this date would've evolved more. But there are plenty of other grand masters that we haven't even heard about that would've probably handed bruce his ass.

chrooo.. they should just have a blood sport type tournament to see who's todays best.. i would pay so much mooney for that..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 07-11-2002 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

jet li

if any of you guys are chinese you know that jet li is much famous than jackie chan is china or taiwan. he was a monk in the shaolin temple for awhile before he got famous. jackie chan is just really creative with his moves which are pretty fun to watch. but for talent and experience, its definately jet li

Old Post 07-11-2002 09:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
And for some reason I highly doubt that Bruce Lee was the best. I mean yeah the guy was good but only became publicly famous after his death. And I mean really famous.

what are you talkin about dude...he was crazy popular in HK when he was alive...my dad remembers people flocking by the thousands to every new release he had on their respective opening days. He was really famous. Kareem abdul jabar became his student.
sure he gained more popularity after but the most growth occured when he was alive.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-11-2002 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

what are you talkin about dude...he was crazy popular in HK when he was alive...my dad remembers people flocking by the thousands to every new release he had on their respective opening days. He was really famous. Kareem abdul jabar became his student.
sure he gained more popularity after but the most growth occured when he was alive.

That maybe true in HK. But for world public recognition, the world bases most of its opinions off of whether or not a actor can make it here in the States. So what if a famous black man became his student? I mean a relatively famous man in the martial arts world became his student AND was authorized by Bruce himself to teach the arts of Hung Gar, Escrima/Arnis, and JKD. And the man was filipino. But thats irrelevant just like your above statement. And maybe if you understood my statment even better, then you'd realize I was also talking about bruce's skill in the Martial Arts.

Old Post 07-11-2002 09:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:

That maybe true in HK. But for world public recognition, the world bases most of its opinions off of whether or not a actor can make it here in the States. So what if a famous black man became his student? I mean a relatively famous man in the martial arts world became his student AND was authorized by Bruce himself to teach the arts of Hung Gar, Escrima/Arnis, and JKD. And the man was filipino. But thats irrelevant just like your above statement. And maybe if you understood my statment even better, then you'd realize I was also talking about bruce's skill in the Martial Arts.

i know your statement was about his skills but i decided to address another part of your post.
So by your standard of being famous, a star like, lets say BOA is not actually really famous yet because she had not been recognized in the united states.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-11-2002 10:34 PM