Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > after being saved?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

after being saved?

have you grew apart from people you were friends were before..
or felt differently around them?

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-11-2003 01:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

well, i was baptized wen i wuz seven (is that realli being "saved"? or are u talkin bout a wake up call at anytime?) and at the time i wuz too young to even know wut wuz God's way and wut wuzn't. in fact, i didn't realli get a grasp for christianity until i got my communion wen i wuz ten or eleven. so in answer to ur question: no, not realli. however, after i read sumtin especially touching or experiencing nething that has a reali big religious impact on me, i do feel differently towards pplz i noe like mai family and frenz..

Old Post 01-12-2003 12:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

hmmm... i didnt really grow far from my friends right after i was saved... i just became a little more mature and knew that some of my old friends were people i shouldnt be hanging around with n yea... dont talk to this one chick... buh no names... teeheheh

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 01-22-2003 07:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

upon being saved, you get new eyes, a new and improved mindset = maturity.
yes, I saw my friends' immaturities. often asking myself can't they see?

here's part of what i got from the past winter retreat, it's what you need to do now once you've accepted Jesus' love:
Three Practical Points:
1. "Bad company corrupts good character." look in 1 Corin. 15:33. surround yourself with Godly people.
2. Don't be satisfied with church going; indulge in God. Read the Bible & Pray. Feed yourself everyday with the "Bread of Life" so that your appetite for God will increase. look in John 6:35.
3. Testify Jesus' love in your through your everyday decisions.

kind of preached, but just to remind those reading this. I find these points really really practical, but at the same time difficult to fully integrate into my life, but I'm getting better at it. ^^

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Old Post 01-23-2003 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LooKatClara

ive grown apart from some friends. i've been catholic and REALLY religious all my life, i was baptized as a baby. i had my first communion in 3rd grade as is normal at my church, and confirmation in 8th which is not uncommon at my church but extremely uncommon at other places. over the summer i went to one retreat after another that totally changed me around and brought me even closer to God, and now a lot of my friends are catholic. the thing is, some of my closest friends from before all go to a certain baptist friday church, which i attended for a month. they are growing stronger in their faith but it is a different faith and method from my own, so it's hard to discuss religion with them. i have friends who help me out a lot with faith issues though. i'm actually leaving for a retreat tomorrow in escondido, california (near san diego if you dont know where that is). and i agree...immerse yourself in God...don't be a sunday church goer...i know there are people who only attend like twice a year, easter and christmas, but dont go and let things go through one ear and out the other...or just go to church, be all spiritual, and then come back and go back to life how it was - unless your life how it is involves lots of prayer and stuff :)

Old Post 01-31-2003 06:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LooKatClara Click here to Send LooKatClara a Private Message Visit LooKatClara's homepage! Find more posts by LooKatClara Add LooKatClara to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by LooKatClara
immerse yourself in God...don't be a sunday church goer...i know there are people who only attend like twice a year, easter and christmas, but dont go and let things go through one ear and out the other...or just go to church, be all spiritual, and then come back and go back to life how it was - unless your life how it is involves lots of prayer and stuff :)

that was inspirational i should try to be like that on days that aren't sundays

Old Post 02-02-2003 07:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LooKatClara

thanks

yeah...i just came home from a retreat today, an hour ago to be exact, and my spirituality has been greatly renewed. i learned about the chaplet of divine mercy (a Catholic devotion to Jesus's divine mercy for those of you who dont know) and that was good...i already knew how to pray it but i learned some new stuff about it. like did you know, while st faustina was writing her diary of Jesus's apparitions to her, demons would come and throw books at her to try and discourage her, or would sit in the corner and try to scare her into not writing anymore? yeah...i learned more and i think i'm going to make an effort to go to as many daily masses as possible...i can't drive so it's not gonna be very many...i'm trying to find ones in english because the daily masses at my church are in korean. so yeah.

Old Post 02-03-2003 02:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LooKatClara Click here to Send LooKatClara a Private Message Visit LooKatClara's homepage! Find more posts by LooKatClara Add LooKatClara to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote