Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Homework Help > receiving scholarships...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Talking receiving scholarships...

I did homework on it and I'm glad with what I came up with! so I'm just sharing! hah

Being apart of the scholarship committee and making a choice between nine students is extremely difficult. The nine finalists have proven themselves worthy of being nominated this scholarship, and I believe that they all should receive it for being such great students in somewhat way. My decision between the nine students was a difficult one to make, but as I thought about all the other scholarships, they seem to choose those who do well in school with high GPA’s. “The Spirit of HHS” scholarship is and should be given to those who do not have a great chance of receiving other scholarships because of their GPA’s. But, “The Spirit of HHS” scholarship should not be given to those who have a low GPA and have a lack of self-motivation and will. This scholarship is an extremely great scholarship and we do not want it to go to waste. As I came to my final decision on which two students I believe should get this great scholarship, I chose Sue N. and Sam O.

Sue had a hard freshman, sophomore, and junior year but she turned things around and tried to make things better for herself. With a child and no support whatsoever from the father of the baby and any welfare programs provided for her, she has shown that she is mature enough, strong enough, and motivated enough to support herself and the child. Sue knows her mistakes and takes responsibility for her actions. She knows what she wants to do with her future and plans to attend WWTC with the scholarship. Sue is a great candidate because she has shown that she is responsible enough for her actions, motivated enough that this scholarship won’t go to waste on her, and because she knows what she plans to do with this scholarship. One last reason is because no other scholarship will consider her willingness and motivation because of her GPA of 2.9. Sue should receive this scholarship without hesitation.

Sam should also get “The Spirit of HHS” scholarship. He has an average GPA of 2.2, which is not good. During his freshman year, he had gotten mixed up with the wrong crowd, skipped school, became involved in drugs and crime, and even went to jail for five months. He finally turned around half way through his junior year and studied hard, attended all his classes, and tried to earn all the credits he could. Also, during his junior and senior years, he has been receiving A’s and B’s in all his classes. This shows he did an outstanding 360 degree turn and I expect he will be doing better. I believe everyone should get a second chance, especially if they can change themselves around so incredibly, as Sam did. He wants to attend the Rochester Community College and try to earn acceptance into a four year school after that. To what I’ve seen, I’m sure Sam will make all of us proud if we honor him with this scholarship. I’m positive that he will make good use of this and not fail us. So, Sam would make a good candidate for this scholarship because he has turned around completely and tried his best to raise his GPA. He should get a second chance at something he deserves. Lastly, also like Sue, he knows what he wants to do with his future and the scholarship, and no other scholarship will consider his great turn-around because of his GPA.

All the other seven candidates, Joe M., Mary J., Nick G., Melissa H., Anita B., Mike J., and Josh D. were great finalists but Sue N. and Sam O. just deserve the scholarship more. Some of those finalists, who I do not believe deserve this scholarship, have a great chance of being offered other excellent scholarships because of their GPA averages----which most scholarships are depended upon. I believe I have made a great decision about electing Sue N. and Sam O. for "The Spirit of HHS" scholarship.

Last edited by Ladi Jay on 10-17-2002 at 03:33 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-17-2002 01:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: receiving scholarships...

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
I believe I have made a great decision about electing Sue N. and Sam O. for his scholarship.

for THEIR scholarshipS you mean...

sounds like good choices, what were the other candidates like

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-17-2002 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

ahhh, damn, I hate it when I make typos! blaahh! thanks for pointing that out to me victor... buh this is for a mock scholarship committee thing that we're doing for speech... it's really fun in speech... they had a mock committee get together today and since I missed out yesteday, I didn't get to be apart of the conversations... OMG, did I want to get in there and say what I had to say... it sounded so much like debate to me and I just wanted to say what I had to say because the people were totally contradicting...

well, there were nine finalists that we had to choose from and some were really smart with great GPA's, volunteer work, and extra curricular activities... really fun, and I wish I was apart of the convo... :sad:

Old Post 10-17-2002 02:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

hmm..if its a speech would you mind further corrections? :huh:

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-17-2002 03:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

eh, I don't care anymore and it's due tomorrow for me... so no more corrections... lols, I just wanted to be apart of the convo so bad... I was going crazy in the back

oh, and this isn't gonna be presented in front of the class.... I just have to make it sound like an essay written by a teacher!

Old Post 10-17-2002 03:46 AM