Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Anime > Japanese Or American anime?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sangxjin

Japanese Or American anime?

i know its pretty stupid comparing japanese anime to american but i just wanted to know wat you guys thought.

Props To Huby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-07-2002 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

japanese is the best of course. comparing japanese things to american things is like a Japanese made Honda as opposed to an American made Honda. Most ppl would rather buy the Japanese made honda. i like japan anime because the story lines are better. probably because they tie in a lot more themes about nature and japan religion in it. american anime tends to be more about ....? i dunno. i just like japanese techo stuff better.

Pokemon is not anime.

Old Post 06-07-2002 03:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

oh man THUNDERCATS were the best american anime..

Props To Huby

Old Post 06-07-2002 04:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by annabanana
Pokemon is not anime.

Hahaha lol

Old Post 06-08-2002 12:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shoujo

japanese anime is better..
i like it because of the storyline and the drawings..

Old Post 06-08-2002 02:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shoujo Click here to Send shoujo a Private Message Find more posts by shoujo Add shoujo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero-Sen

Umm... ur jking right? of course Jap Anime is better. The best i've seen here is the smurfs. That was french too. I think Invader Zim is actually the best. Besides that nothing else.

Old Post 06-08-2002 04:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
oh man THUNDERCATS were the best american anime..

i dont know if it actually is cause when you look at the end of each episode you will some japanese artists in those credits...reason why i say i dont know is cause they might be u.s. citizens and that's considered american anime.

Old Post 06-08-2002 05:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by annabanana

Pokemon is not anime.

Please lets hear your reasons why

Im not a fan of pokeman but i've heard millions of geeky little fanboys say this and its annoying me. For once i'd like to hear legitimate reasons why it should not be included in the anime category. First off, how do you define anime? (What are the limits to the definition, standards, why those limits are good)
Then, why does pokeman not fit into that definition.
(sorry if the tone was a little harsh anna )

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 06-25-2002 at 03:51 AM

Old Post 06-25-2002 03:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

japanese anime..
isnt it more advanced than american?
or i duno..
but japs draw it better.. and its more detailed

Old Post 06-25-2002 05:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KooJay
Call me Jay

american cartoons are just plain idiotic.......for example : Johnny Bravo <-----wut da hell is he...just another loser... or or...I dunno, hey arnold? they can't even draw a proper head...

Old Post 07-07-2002 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KooJay Click here to Send KooJay a Private Message Find more posts by KooJay Add KooJay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

whats johnny bravo?

japanese anime is the best kinda anime

Old Post 07-07-2002 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

when you say anime, do you mean just animation?
anime is japanese animation. and by U.S. anime, do you mean the animation made in the u.s. that is inspired by/influenced by anime.

Old Post 07-07-2002 08:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xonggie

Wow! You guys are making it sound more confusing. I think I like Japanese animation more than American animation, because it just seems that most of the American animation are a little weird, compared to Japanese animation. Besides, I don't think it matters much anyways. :satisfy:

Old Post 07-10-2002 09:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xonggie Click here to Send xonggie a Private Message Find more posts by xonggie Add xonggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kpjoey287
SPAMUNKEY

eh yeah whatevers..

i just think American anime...(there is no american anime.) is pretty fruity.

whats true is that most american based cartoons are like meant for toddlers. i think...

jap anime is da bomb and nothing can compare to it; its soo funny that hell lotta cartoons these days come from other countries, even from before dragonball z which is like the only thing alota americans i kno know....ok yeah watevers..................

For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believed in him shall not perish but have eternal life. ~John 3:16~....^^

Our new forums :D
http://www.apartment102.com

Old Post 07-29-2002 02:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kpjoey287 Click here to Send kpjoey287 a Private Message Find more posts by kpjoey287 Add kpjoey287 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

american anime?
u can barely call the shit americans draw "anime"

its no contest...whats the point of this thread?

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Old Post 07-30-2002 01:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

i would say that almost everybody would say dat jap anime is better. in their styles, they were original, and the stories are a crapload better than american cartoons that are on tv now

Old Post 07-30-2002 05:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

oh yea...

japanese animators are so peverted =P

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Old Post 08-01-2002 01:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

japanese is WAY better!

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 08-01-2002 06:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

invader zim!!!

that shows so funny

yea japanese anime is always better

Old Post 08-01-2002 08:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

damn right Japanese anime is much better... its not only cuz the style is much better... but because japanese anime is made to appeal to a wide range of audience, not only lil 7 year olds watching scooby doo on saturday mornings...

Old Post 08-02-2002 04:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote