Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > purpose.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

life can be boring. especially with school around all those extra homework and worrying about grades. so much pressure. but you have to think the bright side. you created this tight ass website.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-18-2003 02:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AznTiger Click here to Send AznTiger a Private Message Find more posts by AznTiger Add AznTiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

AJY2k came over our house and we just played through the ending of MGS2 and it reminded me of this thread.

Yay!!

Old Post 05-04-2003 07:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
AJY2k came over our house and we just played through the ending of MGS2 and it reminded me of this thread.

Yay!!

yeah, i like the ending to that game a lot. It's a great game.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-05-2003 02:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Hmm I played and beat that game but I forgot how it ends...anyone care to remind me?

Old Post 05-07-2003 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
Hmm I played and beat that game but I forgot how it ends...anyone care to remind me?

Several outlooks on life are shown “We only live to see the end.” “We pass the torch.” etc. Then after you beat Solidus Snake gives his “Choose your own legacy” philosophy.

Old Post 05-08-2003 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

yeah, then there's the whole motif about identity that recurs again in the end about how you aren't what your name is...you can choose your own identity and your own life. We're more than our genes. Also, snake supplements that idea by telling raiden not to obsess over words so much, i used to have this quote memorized hehe, i forgot what it was...."listen, don't obsess over words so much...find the meaning behind them, and then decide, you can find your own name and your own future" or something like that.

It's a good ending, i like the script in that game a lot.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-08-2003 03:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

was looking through some old things i had the other day, from a free response essay i wrote back in eighth grade, quoting:

quote:
..in a rather short period of time.. all in the end.. so meaningless.. so boring.. so boring.. i sometimes question myself.. why did God ever create me?

i never knew i was capable of that sort of mentality back then, i was such a different person outwardly. so social, so arrogant, so carefree. i must have forgotten, that beneath the face, i was and am still the same person, the traveler, ever wondering about the purpose of my life, my quest for truth.

Old Post 05-18-2003 09:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StardustWolfCry
The Stars Cry Out To Me

Basically, you live to die, which is ironic, and gives us no particular reason to live. But you should find your own reason to live. I think that we live to be happy, and to make others happy, because that's basically why we keep living...

Old Post 05-31-2003 02:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for StardustWolfCry Click here to Send StardustWolfCry a Private Message Visit StardustWolfCry's homepage! Find more posts by StardustWolfCry Add StardustWolfCry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Haneula-J.Lia

life is meaningless...so live it without a care in the world...

do what u like...and if u can't do that...than like what u do

Old Post 06-02-2003 12:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Haneula-J.Lia Click here to Send Haneula-J.Lia a Private Message Find more posts by Haneula-J.Lia Add Haneula-J.Lia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote