Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > meaning of life..
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micron
all i need is a miracle

meaning of life..

what is it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-22-2002 06:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

hmmm, the meaning of life.....
to eat, sleep, and crap.

actually, i dunno.

Old Post 04-22-2002 09:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

The meaning of life is to find what the meaning of life is.

Old Post 04-24-2002 04:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

meaning of life is to FULLFILL GOD'S DESIRE..which means carry out his WORD

Old Post 04-24-2002 02:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SoundCtrl

Computer.

Old Post 04-24-2002 02:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SoundCtrl Click here to Send SoundCtrl a Private Message Find more posts by SoundCtrl Add SoundCtrl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Akira

WOO!

Depends which view:

scientific: further the evolution of man.
religious: achieve a higher state here or in after life.
mine: nyah. blah blah blah. nyah.

Old Post 04-24-2002 03:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Akira Click here to Send Akira a Private Message Visit Akira's homepage! Find more posts by Akira Add Akira to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

:huh: hu noez? thaz wut philosophers try to find
do philosophs ever go psycho frum thinking too hard about too many things?

Old Post 04-26-2002 02:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

live a righteous life so you can go to heaven...... i dunno i always thought the purpose of life was... to go to heaven... like living is one big test on whether you desereve to be in heaven or not..... soundz stupid noh?

Old Post 04-29-2002 02:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chil

most replies have been meaning of life has something to do with god, but what if one doesn't believe in god? then those meanings have no relevance to that person. I think meaning is more than just a religious aspect, there has to be some kinda of self actualization
maslow heirarchy of needs suggests that the final need is self actualization.
how to achieve it, i have no idea.
i think buddha did? *shrugs*
according to my buddhist friends, he achieved enlightenment.
so many people follow his lifestyle to achieve the same.
religion serves as a purpose to guide people, but i think it also blinds them to believe one particular way, having all questions answered for them, and leaving no room for further studying or questioning.
hmm.....

Old Post 04-30-2002 10:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chil Click here to Send Chil a Private Message Find more posts by Chil Add Chil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

meaning of life hmmm. to me i find life as a long long teacher that just keeps teaching u. even when u r old life finds new things for u to learn. life teaches u till ur death and even that is a leason. so life is one long annoyin leason.

Old Post 04-30-2002 12:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

man, jusun haha . Theres a topic like this all ready, called "Teleological Ontology." No big deal though. Anyway, that thread has atheist viewpoints on the topic Chil. So enjoy.

Old Post 04-30-2002 01:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
meaning of life hmmm. to me i find life as a long long teacher that just keeps teaching u. even when u r old life finds new things for u to learn. life teaches u till ur death and even that is a leason. so life is one long annoyin leason.

yea where the final exam comes BEFORE the lesson..... okay haha that didn't make sense... but it does in my head sooooo

Old Post 04-30-2002 08:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero-Sen

Life is for the purpose of spreading your seed and securing a place in Heaven through faith. This is my view. Atheists would not find much to live for except life itself.

Old Post 05-01-2002 11:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yii

Life has no meaning. All what we do (eating, working...) is only to go through the life but it's not the meaning. Our meaning of life is the same like the animal's. But they don't think about why they life, they do it. So life has no meaning.
And only when someone can tell me the real life meaning I'll leave my opinion...

Old Post 05-02-2002 05:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Yii Click here to Send Yii a Private Message Find more posts by Yii Add Yii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

life is an un-explainable everything and nothing. nothing; such thing does exist, but not necessarily meant to be there. for example, colors; black contains all the colors of the prism, but white contains none of the colors. when the world broke through the color barrier, many people at that time had to distinguished what is what, who is who. life is nothing and at the same time, life is everything. the people you care about and what you experienced, those things mean every bit to your living. on the other-hand, you sometimes can not change the small things that you can not control, so those are meant to be nothing at times. take for example 9/11, horrific tragedy; as people throughout states and the world watched, they could not do one thing that can do everything. that day will be infamous in history for time to come. now it is nothing to some, everything to others. it's just depends who that person is and what he/she is about.

Last edited by volcom strider on 05-04-2002 at 04:42 PM

Old Post 05-03-2002 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zerobde

the meaning of life is what you give meaning to with your life. life means something different to everyone.

:)

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zerobde Click here to Send zerobde a Private Message Find more posts by zerobde Add zerobde to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST

Old Post 05-04-2002 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yii

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider
[B]life is an un-explainable everything and nothing. nothing; such thing does exist, but not necessarily meant to be there. for example, colors; black contains all the colors of the prism, but white contains none of the colors.

Well the color white contains all the light colours, didn't you know? But for me this isn't an example for meaning of life.

Old Post 05-04-2002 11:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Yii Click here to Send Yii a Private Message Find more posts by Yii Add Yii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

if white contain light colors, then it isnt pure white. white doesnt contain pigments. light colors contains pigments which slightly darken the color; making white, not truly white.

Old Post 05-04-2002 04:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yii

This is physic and it's true. I learned this in school. Sun light is white, too. And when it rains and sun is shining you see a rainbow. That's coz the sun light is broken from the rain drops. So you can see all the colours which this white light contains.

Old Post 05-05-2002 03:32 AM