Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > raves
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tea
Official Pothead

raves

its so whack nowadays. back when raves were unknown, people only went for the music, tickets were pratically free, and no teeny boppers.

all thats changed over the years, there are big raves like cyberfest, monster massive, how sweet it is, and together as one. each charge about 40-50 dollars for tickets. the number of younger kids are getting into it, thinking that including drugs at a rave is the way to go and the way it should be. the bad thing is that the police know that this happened, and security allows the dealers in.

my school had a reputation of having a lot of ravers. it was nicknamed uc raverside for a while, underground raves occured everyday, drug free and fun. it was just a time to chill, enjoy music and just have an all around good time. after mainstream raves hit the general public, it seemed as if the underground ravers disappeared.

obviously the small time raves cant compete with the big raves with well known deejays. but i dont get it. why? music is music, if it sounds good, then its all good. who cares who the deejay is, if you are enjoying your time then its all good right? i guess people nowadays thing that drugs can enhance their fun, but all theyre doing is fucking themselves up. its pretty sad, but kids will be kids..clueless.

i dont rave anymore, nor do my friends who used to be hardcore ravers. i noticed that after they started raving and took mdma, i saw less of them, they never went to school and they pratically lost their place in society.

mainstream raves are BAD. i dont like em, being a music lover that i am, i dont care about labels or artists. if it sounds good, i support that artist to the fullest.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-21-2002 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

hmm..yes. those "candy" ravers annoy me.
those little kids that go to raves don't understand that it's all about having a good time..and they think that dropping..or using other subtances will enhance their "fun." not saying all that all of them do..but yea. you dont need drugs or whatever to have a good time..all they need to do is just go crazy and let loose =] aigoo..kids just dunno. only thing they care about is looking "cool" ^^

Old Post 10-21-2002 11:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

werd tony!! i cannot agree more! u stole the words outta my mouth... seriously! i definitely know wat u mean. "mainstream" raves now are all commercialized and all about MONEY. they charge so much cuz they need money to pay for the good djs and they want money THEMSELVES! promoters and people who put on the party usually do it for the fun and the love of it. but nowadays, they just want $$$$$$$!!!! it made me so mad when raves started to get commercialized. i dun rave nemore becuz the point of PLUR no longer exist! the whole point of raves and wat they're TRULY about is dead. now raves just totally turns me off.

Old Post 10-22-2002 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

doesn't going "pop" ruin everything? i myself have been to a few raves... but never have i gone to a rave with the purpose to drop E, sniff K, or be under the influence... dancing was my thing... i loved to just groove to the music and dance... for me i love techno music, but the negative conotation that it comes with because of all the mainstream raves, kills it for me... its depressing when i find something i like goes "pop"

Old Post 10-22-2002 03:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
doesn't going "pop" ruin everything? i myself have been to a few raves... but never have i gone to a rave with the purpose to drop E, sniff K, or be under the influence... dancing was my thing... i loved to just groove to the music and dance... for me i love techno music, but the negative conotation that it comes with because of all the mainstream raves, kills it for me... its depressing when i find something i like goes "pop"

well said. i'm like u who WENT to raves for the love of music and dance. seriously, those were the only things i looked forward to when it came to raves.

Old Post 10-22-2002 03:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

true ravers: go for the music, not for the drugs

Old Post 10-22-2002 08:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakez0r

i went to one of those "mainstream raves." The reason i did it? Well a famous DJ who i really appreciated the music was spinning the tunes. So i paid 30 bucks for it and looking back, i'd spend it again in a heartbeat. I've been to "underground raves" as well in europe (i used to live there until i moved to the states) and they are just as fun,at least to me.

Bumping Threads Since 2001

Old Post 11-16-2002 08:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jakez0r Click here to Send jakez0r a Private Message Visit jakez0r's homepage! Find more posts by jakez0r Add jakez0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

yea true that even though i never been to one but since it became hella big everywhere i go i see colorful beats n raver tyep pants n shirts and those lil pasafiers -_-

Old Post 11-20-2002 03:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

quote:
Originally posted by niggoreanboi
yea true that even though i never been to one but since it became hella big everywhere i go i see colorful beats n raver tyep pants n shirts and those lil pasafiers -_-
blah... posers...

Old Post 11-20-2002 05:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

Fuck raves. The rave seen has been dying. You see all those fucking kids with pacifiers and shit. Too much rollin'. Raves USE to be about the music, some still are... But people still roll there too. Raves FUCKING suck. Too many fucking under age kids tryin' to act all hardcore and shit. It was way better underground.

Old Post 11-27-2002 12:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Click here to Send ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó a Private Message Find more posts by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Add ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
weed smoka

my friend is an etarded candy kid...annoys the hell out of me some times

Old Post 11-27-2002 11:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for weed smoka Click here to Send weed smoka a Private Message Find more posts by weed smoka Add weed smoka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
Originally posted by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó
It was way better underground.

word

Old Post 11-27-2002 11:41 PM