Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > General > Random Thoughts > "why, Oh Why Must I Live This Life?"
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

"why, Oh Why Must I Live This Life?"

my friend says that she doesn't like life because...

"we work and work and work to live, but we still die."

I have to kinda agree with that... what do you think?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-02-2002 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEmeant0r
Ex-Mod

I agree, but I also disagree, I mean you work so you can have a happy living life don't you? I mean you wouldn't wanna die penniless

Old Post 12-02-2002 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DEmeant0r Click here to Send DEmeant0r a Private Message Visit DEmeant0r's homepage! Find more posts by DEmeant0r Add DEmeant0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

"pretend you have a brain deficiency. it's the only way to get out of this rat race. you can spend the rest of your days in a mental institution and watch all the TV you could ever want"

haha..i found that on a profile from someone i know..pretty funny eh? haha

Old Post 12-02-2002 12:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEmeant0r
Ex-Mod

I would do that only they have crap food in mental institutions

Old Post 12-02-2002 12:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DEmeant0r Click here to Send DEmeant0r a Private Message Visit DEmeant0r's homepage! Find more posts by DEmeant0r Add DEmeant0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

quote:
Originally posted by DEmeant0r
I would do that only they have crap food in mental institutions

hahaha

Old Post 12-02-2002 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
paboh4life
al myun suh ;)

very understandable, however since we all sooner or later die... dont we want to fufill our days of living with accomplishments, happiness, being loved, doing things that you always wanted to do? Life's extremely hard and most people know that, but in my opinion, the purpose of life is to be happy and looking back at it you can say, " wow that was a good one!" haha and to serve God and glorify his name

Old Post 12-02-2002 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for paboh4life Click here to Send paboh4life a Private Message Find more posts by paboh4life Add paboh4life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: "why, Oh Why Must I Live This Life?"

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
"we work and work and work to live, but we still die."

Not only is your friend oversimplifying life as a whole, but is also ignoring the fact that everyone dies eventually.

What is she going to do? Work to live forever and see if the work prevents her from dying? hahahahaha

You work to improve your life while it is still present.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 12-02-2002 at 01:43 AM

Old Post 12-02-2002 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i like life

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 12-02-2002 02:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

i have the hiccups

Old Post 12-02-2002 02:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HHxEliTE
S2

quote:
Originally posted by AjY 2k
i have the hiccups

O__o

well.. iss true in a way.. but its . life.. at least you get to experience it.. and while u live. u find happiness and love and other stuff in life..

Old Post 12-02-2002 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HHxEliTE Click here to Send HHxEliTE a Private Message Find more posts by HHxEliTE Add HHxEliTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

2 words.... early retirement

earn lots of money and retire fasst

Old Post 12-02-2002 07:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

we work to supply others we love.
we are born.
we study.
we study some more.
we meet "the one".
we want to support "the one" and the kids.
we work hard, to make their lives easier and their next generation easier.
we retire.
we reflect on our life.

the things you do for love.

Old Post 12-02-2002 07:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Click here to Send ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó a Private Message Find more posts by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Add ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nas

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
i like life

Agreed.

I know you better than you think I do-don't
worry dear, this is why I fell in love with you.
The man in the looking glass, is looking back
at you at last. You can't hide from the truth
because the truth is all there is.
And the truth hurts because the truth is all there is.
I realized some time ago, that I would have to let you go...
- Handsome Boy Modeling School
*d-30

Old Post 12-02-2002 03:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nas Click here to Send nas a Private Message Visit nas's homepage! Find more posts by nas Add nas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

Re: Re: "why, Oh Why Must I Live This Life?"

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

Not only is your friend oversimplifying life as a whole, but is also ignoring the fact that everyone dies eventually.

What is she going to do? Work to live forever and see if the work prevents her from dying? hahahahaha

You work to improve your life while it is still present.

yea well she can go die if she wants but ask her 2 answer this where the hell has she been under a rock? most of us rnt slaves and hell most people in america r much better off then many people livin elsewhere in this world such as a war zone rite now. i dunno about ur friend but the rest of us live, we go 2 skool, we hav friends, we hav somethin called "fun", sometimes we even ENJOY life (*gasp* i kno). i totally agree wit deb8ter

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 12-03-2002 01:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Re: Re: Re: "why, Oh Why Must I Live This Life?"

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008

yea well she can go die if she wants but ask her 2 answer this where the hell has she been under a rock? most of us rnt slaves and hell most people in america r much better off then many people livin elsewhere in this world such as a war zone rite now. i dunno about ur friend but the rest of us live, we go 2 skool, we hav friends, we hav somethin called "fun", sometimes we even ENJOY life (*gasp* i kno). i totally agree wit deb8ter

she was talking about life as a whole... I know she knew that there are good things about life too buh she was just refering to it at a simple view...

buh I agree because when I think about it, we started school at a very young age... and from there on, we will be working for the rest of our lives to make a good living... yeah, we have our good times too buh I see her view on things

Old Post 12-03-2002 04:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

without ppl working and accomplishing things we'd still be cavemen drawing on walls to entertain ourselves.

thanx huby40

Old Post 12-03-2002 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hip hOp Yu Ja

every1 has problems in der lyf... lyf ish wut u mayk of it!

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Old Post 12-03-2002 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hip hOp Yu Ja Click here to Send hip hOp Yu Ja a Private Message Find more posts by hip hOp Yu Ja Add hip hOp Yu Ja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: "why, Oh Why Must I Live This Life?"

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
she was talking about life as a whole... I know she knew that there are good things about life too buh she was just refering to it at a simple view...

even simplified, her statement is flawed and asinine

Again, work is neccesity. That is an unchangable part of life. Yea she can go ahead and sit around, and then she'll see how much happiness that brings her.

But then she says, "but then we still die," which grates on my nerves. WTF? Everyone dies- its never a question of whether people still die. Death is an unchangable fact of life. Yes, we work work and work, but she can not work work and work, and she'll probably die a lot faster than the rest of us.

slap her for me will you? People that say, "guurr im lazy and i don't like working and still want to enjoy the fruits of living on earth." Wake up and smell the damn coffee. If you don't work, you wouldn't like life even more, i will guarantee you that.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 12-04-2002 at 12:53 AM

Old Post 12-04-2002 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i agree w crazydeb8ter. every1 dies eventualli. yea we work hard, but it's better than doin nuthin. is she askin wutz the point of workin our asses off wen we're just gonna die neway? well, thaz like sayin i study n study n study but still fail the class. at least u tried, rite?

Old Post 12-04-2002 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

life is like a myserious door you don't what what may lie on the other side but if you don't open the door you'll be wonderin for a long time

Old Post 12-04-2002 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote