Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Fashion > hair - tips on how to dye it
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

hair - tips on how to dye it

Dyeing your hair is really simple. Basically all you need to do is slop the dye on and squidge it in with your fingers. It's probably best to wear polythene or latex gloves for that because it can take a couple of days for the dye stains to come off your skin. That's the easiest way to do it but here are a few tips to make sure you get it right:
- Put Vaseline around your hairline and back of your neck before dyeing to help prevent staining.
- Comb through your hair with a wide-tooth comb when the dye is on to help distribute it.
- Avoid using hot oil as this can make the colour fade quickly.
- Mix a bit of dye (only non-chemical dyes like Directions, Special Effects etc.) in with your conditioner to keep your colour topped up.
- If you're using a non-chemical dye you can speed the uptake of colour by occasionally applying heat while the dye is on your hair. Also with these kinds of dye you can leave them on your hair for hours which may help it to last longer. I find an hour is usually long enough though.

White toner can be used on really pale blonde hair to make it white. The violet in the toner counteracts the yellowness in the hair and turns it white. You can also use white toner as a mixer to make other colours lighter.

Silver toner works on very light hair to give it a slight silvery shade. It won't make it look metallic silver but it does look silver in certain light.

A note about the colour charts:
The colours shown in the colour charts are approximate. Netscape and Internet Explorer have quite a limited set of colours which means that it's hard to accurately represent the actual colours on the charts. Also bear in mind that the colour of dyes vary from person to person as there are many factors which influence the end result.
Bleaching the whole head is much like the methods I describe for doing the roots (see following pages) only all the hair is covered. As the root area (1/2" closest to the head) bleaches faster than the rest of the hair, you shouldn't apply bleach to there until half way through bleaching the rest of the hair. You should do a strand test to determine how long your hair will take to bleach. Also I recommend doing a sensitivity test as bleach can be a really bad irratant.

BLEACHING
Doing a whole head bleach is really difficult so it's best to go to a hair dresser for the first time, especially if you have long hair. Other points to note are:
* Bleaching previously dyed black hair is going to be almost imposible to bleach it light blonde without frying your hair.
* Dark hair can easily take 90mins to bleach (I spent 6 hours doing mine but I wouldn't recommend that)
* Bleaching your hair more than once in a day isn't good. You should let your hair rest for a few days
* Bleached hair needs extra conditioning to keep it feeling nice
* If you bleach your hair too much then it'll start feeling like straw, after that it becomes stretchy when wet and after more bleaching it could melt and snap off at about 2" from your scalp so be careful.
* Some hair types take bleaching better than others. Curly hair and especially hair that's been relaxed is more susecptable to severe damage from bleaching.
* Avoid bloeaching for a few weeks after having your hair permed or straightened.
* Over bleaching your hair will cause it to be too fried to take dye and in that case you'll just have to let it grow out.
* If it starts to burn or sting your skin, wash bleach off immediately before you cause permanent damage to your scalp.
* If you're going blonde, instead of buying expensive shampoo for blonde hair you can add a small amount of violet to your conditioner which should have the same effect.
* Sun-In and Henna shouldn't be bleached over, so if you have them in your hair you'll have to grow it out.
* DO NOT USE HOUSEHOLD BLEACH!!!
source: http://www.haircrazy.co.uk/

that last part...DON'T USE HOUSEHOLD BLEACH!! hahahahha

Last edited by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 12-07-2002 at 01:37 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-07-2002 01:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

Re: hair - tips on how to dye it

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
* DO NOT USE HOUSEHOLD BLEACH!!!

why not? ^^

i always wondered if u could

Old Post 12-07-2002 04:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

Re: Re: hair - tips on how to dye it

quote:
Originally posted by saranghae

why not? ^^

lol yeah

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 12-07-2002 02:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiGhTy KiTTy
*MeOW* ^^

haha nice~ thanks xDD

Propz to Sam. yayy~ haha

-----------------------
my xanga that i finally put up~
*MeOw MeOW*

Old Post 12-08-2002 02:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiGhTy KiTTy Click here to Send MiGhTy KiTTy a Private Message Find more posts by MiGhTy KiTTy Add MiGhTy KiTTy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

dying your hair is bad if you do it too much you can go bald when you get old

Old Post 12-08-2002 07:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hip hOp Yu Ja

quote:
Originally posted by niggoreanboi
dying your hair is bad if you do it too much you can go bald when you get old

aw poopie... i dyed my hair 41 tymz al2gether so far... i bleached it 2wice too... dat killed mai hair! >_<;; N i juss realized da new faces! eEe! how kool are dey?!

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Old Post 12-08-2002 08:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hip hOp Yu Ja Click here to Send hip hOp Yu Ja a Private Message Find more posts by hip hOp Yu Ja Add hip hOp Yu Ja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

Re: Re: hair - tips on how to dye it

quote:
Originally posted by saranghae
why not? ^^

haha i think that wud totalli fry ur hair and it's be like straw or sumtin...there are realli strong chemicals in it and it's prolli VERY bad. if u try it tho let us noe wut happens haha i'm jp

Old Post 12-08-2002 08:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

Re: Re: Re: hair - tips on how to dye it

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM

haha i think that wud totalli fry ur hair and it's be like straw or sumtin...there are realli strong chemicals in it and it's prolli VERY bad. if u try it tho let us noe wut happens haha i'm jp

haha... i see.. i see... i was even gonna try it too ^^ juss like a few strands thoe... haha... maybe i will

Old Post 12-08-2002 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote