Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > take two.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micron
all i need is a miracle

take two.

heres another journal entry of mine dated march 24.

quote:
I saw a recent picture of that girl that I used to like for so long back in Taiwan - she didn’t change much – but I realized that she isn’t as pretty as I thought she was. In fact, if I were to have met her for the first time today, I don’t think I would have had the same feelings for her that I did back then. I’d go as far and say that she’s below average, appearance wise.

I’m pretty sad, because much of my idea of an ideal girl that I have is from her and who she was. I remember thinking a while ago whether or not she was the girl in my memories that i idealized, and even played around the idea that she probably wasn’t. But knowing now that she isn’t, isn’t a feeling too great.

I thought she was one of the prettiest girl I knew. In fact, she was the prettiest girl I knew back then. I guess it was because there weren’t many girls to begin with to compare, my grade only having 25 students. I didn’t really know what ‘pretty’ meant. Makes me wonder if I still don’t. I’ve been told by friends that I don’t know how to look, when it comes to girls. Maybe they’re right. Maybe I’m still lost; maybe I just don’t know enough girls, to know what pretty means.

I had a dream that following night. I was back in Taiwan. She was there too. But whereas my previous dreams about Taiwan were nostalgic, the mood was different this time. There was a sense of despair, of uneasiness and hesitance that kept lingering in my mind. I woke up strangely disturbed.

I wish I never saw that picture of her. Only then would I still be happy in my ignorance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-13-2003 10:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

dunno wat to say to something like that

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Old Post 04-16-2003 07:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lostadonis
...just lost

second chance to see truth.

You know my first love was that way. I thought she was perfect...I thought she was everything I wanted. But she wasn't...and I realized that a long time after the 'separation,' you can call it. What weighed me down was my idea of who she became, though. I still had an image of her...and I think I overexagerated...made her prettier, her personality...made her more kind/gentle/funny/graceful...some things that made me hold on to her.

Perhaps this is where you and I differ, but I didn't really know her. After a long time, even after seeing her again, I realized I fell in love with an Ideal. The person I created in my head. egad...kind of makes me feel a little uneasy about love and things...but I'm glad I got that second look at her...I'm glad that that second chance to see her helped me understand that I've grown to love different aspects in women. I try not to make the same mistake in falling in love too quickly now. I think I'm on a tangent. But I hear you man, and I just want to say...I understand more and more everyday that my friends and I have different tastes in women...sure we agree that Catherine Zeta Jones is hot...but I don't agree that Penelope Cruz is beautiful...But I still know what pretty means. Whatever to me is pretty...well...is.

Even if you've not seen "many pretty girls," perhaps you're still refining your definition of pretty. I think I am. Actually, I know I am.

uoi, it's 3 a.m. ...I'm just lost in thoughts...

Old Post 04-16-2003 11:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lostadonis Click here to Send lostadonis a Private Message Find more posts by lostadonis Add lostadonis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

Re: second chance to see truth.

quote:
Originally posted by lostadonis
You know my first love was that way. I thought she was perfect...I thought she was everything I wanted. But she wasn't...and I realized that a long time after the 'separation,' you can call it. What weighed me down was my idea of who she became, though. I still had an image of her...and I think I overexagerated...made her prettier, her personality...made her more kind/gentle/funny/graceful...some things that made me hold on to her.

Perhaps this is where you and I differ, but I didn't really know her. After a long time, even after seeing her again, I realized I fell in love with an Ideal. The person I created in my head. egad...kind of makes me feel a little uneasy about love and things...but I'm glad I got that second look at her...I'm glad that that second chance to see her helped me understand that I've grown to love different aspects in women. I try not to make the same mistake in falling in love too quickly now. I think I'm on a tangent. But I hear you man, and I just want to say...I understand more and more everyday that my friends and I have different tastes in women...sure we agree that Catherine Zeta Jones is hot...but I don't agree that Penelope Cruz is beautiful...But I still know what pretty means. Whatever to me is pretty...well...is.

Even if you've not seen "many pretty girls," perhaps you're still refining your definition of pretty. I think I am. Actually, I know I am.

uoi, it's 3 a.m. ...I'm just lost in thoughts...

"...falling in love too quickly..."
check yourself. make sure your not just dealing with infatuation.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 04-17-2003 04:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

that's the only reason you liked her? you fool!

i'll share a story.. this is from my profile created about two years ago.. i keep forgetting i have this in my profile. random girls keep iming me wondering if i saw her again.

Name: It was just another summer day. I decided to spend it at my favorite pcbang wasting away the day by playing juvenile games just
Location: to satisfy the kid in me. I was busy with my little game when my stomach told me it ws feeding time. So I hopped on over to the local SUBWAY to make my stomach happy with a sub. I paid for my 12 inch sub and eagerly waiting to devour it, i walked
Marital Status: back to my second home not
Hobbies & Interests: worrying about anything except the noises of my hungry stomach. I was in the middle of crossing the busy korean street of Ft. Lee when i noticed someone in the corner of my eye. She was about 5' 8". Tall for a korean girl. But more like a
Favorite Gadgets: woman. She wore a baby blue sweater button with a floral skirt. She had her hair up and the wind seemed like it was dying to
Occupation: tug it just to see how it would look with her hair down. I was so engulfed by her beauty i almost got hit by a car.
Personal Quote: Embarassed, i ran back to my friends and raved about this beautiful woman i've seen at the local bakery. After that i wasnt really hungry. I have witnessed true beauty. I hope i see you again one day. And i hope this time the wind will win.-Sang C Park
Hometown HomePage: http://hometown.aol.com/kenversusryu/

i just copied n pasted.

if i see her again she'll prolly have a man voice or something... so i'll just keep her in my memory and chalk one for "beauty"

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-17-2003 10:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lostadonis
...just lost

Re: Re: second chance to see truth.

quote:
Originally posted by merc
"...falling in love too quickly..."
check yourself. make sure your not just dealing with infatuation.

She was my first love. What can you say?!? I didn't know what I was expecting in my first love. And perhaps you've fallen into the trap of that "first love," but when you're there...experiencing it...everything seems to be perfect...nothing really matters...how fast you fall in love, how deep you fall in love...doesn't matter, because you're IN love. (my experience.)

Infatuation is just a part of it...I was just saying that it helped me realized not to fall in love again so quickly, and because of that, I know what I want in a "love/significant other."

I've fallen in love again...I wasn't rash about it either. It was a slow realization. I'm not the master of love...nor am I one to always fall for infatuation either.

*** Ken vs Ryu...beautiful story. heh heh. I've had those moments before. They're cherished.

::edited:: Oh, I hope it didn't seem like I fall in love easily now...that I've had many many "loves." Because I've not. I've had only two. Both of which...weren't my girlfriends. There's a long story to both of them...I could probably make a drama for each, as well. heh. nm.

Last edited by lostadonis on 04-18-2003 at 01:03 AM

Old Post 04-18-2003 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lostadonis Click here to Send lostadonis a Private Message Find more posts by lostadonis Add lostadonis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
Name: It was just another summer day. I decided to spend it at my favorite pcbang wasting away the day by playing juvenile games just
Location: to satisfy the kid in me. I was busy with my little game when my stomach told me it ws feeding time. So I hopped on over to the local SUBWAY to make my stomach happy with a sub. I paid for my 12 inch sub and eagerly waiting to devour it, i walked
Marital Status: back to my second home not
Hobbies & Interests: worrying about anything except the noises of my hungry stomach. I was in the middle of crossing the busy korean street of Ft. Lee when i noticed someone in the corner of my eye. She was about 5' 8". Tall for a korean girl. But more like a
Favorite Gadgets: woman. She wore a baby blue sweater button with a floral skirt. She had her hair up and the wind seemed like it was dying to
Occupation: tug it just to see how it would look with her hair down. I was so engulfed by her beauty i almost got hit by a car.
Personal Quote: Embarassed, i ran back to my friends and raved about this beautiful woman i've seen at the local bakery. After that i wasnt really hungry. I have witnessed true beauty. I hope i see you again one day. And i hope this time the wind will win.-Sang C Park
Hometown HomePage: http://hometown.aol.com/kenversusryu/

wow, thats beautiful.

Old Post 05-03-2003 07:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Maybe I’m still lost; maybe I just don’t know enough girls, to know what pretty means.

Something pretty to you may be unpretty to someone else. And also something you don't find pretty may seem pretty to someone else.

But then again if you really wanted to know, you could join or sign up for a meeting with the World high council of prettyness. You can do it online!!

Old Post 05-04-2003 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spuzzter

Lostadonis I know completely and unequivocally what you're going through. I entered into the relationship with my first love full of hope and pride. Now, after the 'separation' (which wasn't a clear-cut event, the worst kind) I have to re-evaluate what I look for in a partner, and in myself. Would I wish that I never met her? Maybe, but at the same time I consider it a crucial learning experience for me, both for my disillusionment and in the chance to share true happiness with someone else, no matter how brief it turned out to be.

Old Post 05-05-2003 05:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spuzzter Click here to Send Spuzzter a Private Message Find more posts by Spuzzter Add Spuzzter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote