Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Sports and Fitness > Martial Arts
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KPak-NC

Martial Arts

Anyone take any form of martial arts? Im taking Hapkido.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2002 02:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KPak-NC Click here to Send KPak-NC a Private Message Find more posts by KPak-NC Add KPak-NC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

i used to take taekwondo, it wuz fun..

Old Post 09-21-2002 04:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KPak-NC

no offense,but im korean too....when my father took gumdo and taek won do along time ago in korea, it was well disciplined and good. Now, in the US, you got yellow belts going around opening their own black belt schools and promoting kids too fast. I know this guy at my old hs that went around saying he was a 2nd degree black belt, well, this black kid wanted to see and that other guy did a spin heel kick and missed the guy 2 feet, then that black guy just punched him in the face over and over and then he got tired and said oh, f**k it im leaving your ass on the ground and walked away.

This is why you don't go around bragging.

Old Post 09-21-2002 08:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KPak-NC Click here to Send KPak-NC a Private Message Find more posts by KPak-NC Add KPak-NC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

quote:
Originally posted by KPak-NC
no offense,but im korean too....when my father took gumdo and taek won do along time ago in korea, it was well disciplined and good. Now, in the US, you got yellow belts going around opening their own black belt schools and promoting kids too fast. I know this guy at my old hs that went around saying he was a 2nd degree black belt, well, this black kid wanted to see and that other guy did a spin heel kick and missed the guy 2 feet, then that black guy just punched him in the face over and over and then he got tired and said oh, f**k it im leaving your ass on the ground and walked away.

you know why don't you? most of the american *sah bon nims* are all a bunch of fake bullshiters..i give you this.. 99% of them are fake.. if you know what kind of training you have to do to become a high master in taekwondo.. these masters here in american could not even breathe on korean sah bohs..its intense..its fucking crazy the things they need to learn and the training they do..

Old Post 09-21-2002 08:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

i did tae kwon do to blue belt

Old Post 09-21-2002 08:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KPak-NC

quote:
Originally posted by Nojeel
you know why don't you? most of the american *sah bon nims* are all a bunch of fake bullshiters..i give you this.. 99% of them are fake.. if you know what kind of training you have to do to become a high master in taekwondo.. these masters here in american could not even breathe on korean sah bohs..its intense..its fucking crazy the things they need to learn and the training they do..

Actually i have to contradict your statement. my master right now is american who came from chicago. Which is where his master lives right now.

Funny thing is that the President of hapkido which is Master Gedo Chang is soo corrupted right now. All he cares about is money and more money. Me and my friends went to chicago to visit the grand master and we got a different reaction :

1. His dojo was dirty
2. His office and his bmw was the cleanest things
3. No Mirrors , so the student's wouldn't see how bad they are doing
4. The classes are like kardio workout
5. Hapkido is about non strength and not forcing strength to subdue an opponent, his sons which are 2nd black belts where trying to tear my friend's arms off during a takedown
6. The grandmaster didn't talk to this one guy and treated him like shit since he wasn't a black belt
7. The grandmaster was very rude during a breakfast meeting in this restaurant...

This was the guy we all looked up too and now he is soo corrupted.

My instructor which is american learned from another korean master named Master Suh. Our forms and skills were actually what my instructor made better from Master Chang's teachings.

Alot of kids around my area are 3rd degree black belts who can't even use a damn sword right. Im not bragging, but im just a 1st degree black belt and haven't learned to use a sword. Why use a sword if you can't master simple hand techniques? Right now, Im learning the tombong - short wooden stick.

Old Post 09-21-2002 08:54 PM
az0nd2r3

quote:

yeah, u remind me of a friend.....he used to take wushu (hes chinese), n now he wants to get into fights with everyone....looking for fights against 4 black guys at once, 'test them out'.....thats just fukkin stupid.....i was lyke 'yo, u tryin to kill yourself? ur gonna get knifed or somethin' ......n then he still wants to spar/fight with another friend, who took taekwondo in korea.....im lyke ' look, hes trained in korea, hes faster than u, n hes stronger than u....im bettin on him, not u'

Old Post 09-21-2002 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KPak-NC

You remind me of a friend? Man, its not me....its some guy i remember during my hs years.

Old Post 09-22-2002 12:45 AM
tm11
down by law

I recently started taking seidokan aikido

Old Post 09-22-2002 03:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KPak-NC

I want to take this fighting style that originated from Brazil.

Anyone played Tekken 4? Know that girl that does all that breakdancing type fight style? Thats the fighting i want to learn....

Old Post 09-22-2002 10:19 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
I want to take this fighting style that originated from Brazil.

Anyone played Tekken 4? Know that girl that does all that breakdancing type fight style? Thats the fighting i want to learn....

haha, that would be so awesome dude haha. I wanted to do that back in 7th grade, but never did. It's called Capoeira.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 09-22-2002 10:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KPak-NC

Yea , thats the name..sounded so unusual..

Theres a disadvantage for that...its too fancy. Someone could sweep you at the elbows...

Old Post 09-23-2002 04:08 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

and then after they sweep you, you flip and land on your feet ready to strike again.

-Cromwell

Old Post 09-23-2002 04:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

quote:
You remind me of a friend? Man, its not me....its some guy i remember during my hs years.

i kno, i kno....i meant ur story...

capoeira......well, no fighting style has no weaknesses......n juss felt lyke mentioning tekken 4 is comin out this friday *i think* for ps2

Old Post 09-23-2002 07:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i watched a capoeira preformance once, it was some pretty sick stuff. Crazy.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-23-2002 07:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
and then after they sweep you, you flip and land on your feet ready to strike again.

i don't think it's that simple, or that easy either. every time i've seen real capoeira done, it was with 2 people practicing, and it's performed more like a dance (mind you, capoiera was a martial art formed by slaves who wanted to disguise it as dance). Most capoeira classes offered that I've heard of seem more like basic self defense classes and also focus a lot on teaching people to dance.
It doesn't seem like it'd be practical in a real fight, you have to first build up a rythm, and most of the moves rely on full-body motion, where you're flipping and doing handstands, it seems like the process of attacking or defending would be rather slow, and complicated to pull off.
Then again, I'm no expert on this matter.

Old Post 09-23-2002 08:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
i watched a capoeira preformance once, it was some pretty sick stuff. Crazy.

hell yeah, capoeira is the shit, i wanna learn that someday.

but my cousin was us heavyweight champ in taekwondo when he was 17. that foo could fight. he also trained in korea, he told me about all the crazy training they had to do. like one morning, they had to run in a line, one of the coaches rode on a moped with some kinda rod or stick, and whoever was in the back would get the shit knocked outta his legs until he moved up, and when that person moved up, whoever was in the back would get the same deal. and this went on for miles. its intense up there

thanx huby40

Last edited by seung ju on 06-17-2004 at 04:35 AM

Old Post 09-23-2002 08:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

i used to be in taek won do, but i stopped after i got my red belt. i took up ueshiba aikido for the past 3 years, but i stopped recently cos of school. hope i can take it up again one day. as far as discipline is over here, it's pretty tough, especially for Aikido. i got scolded quite a few times by my sensei! ^^;;
but of cos in Japan they are much tougher.

for those taking aikido in usa, do you practise bowing to your sensei whenever you want to speak to him? and other common japanese courtesies like that? i had to get used to that!

Old Post 09-23-2002 05:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

i practice seidokan aikido... usually you bow to sensei after conversing with him/her, so yeah, they follow most Japanese courtesies

Old Post 09-23-2002 07:46 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by tm11

i don't think it's that simple, or that easy either. every time i've seen real capoeira done, it was with 2 people practicing, and it's performed more like a dance (mind you, capoiera was a martial art formed by slaves who wanted to disguise it as dance). Most capoeira classes offered that I've heard of seem more like basic self defense classes and also focus a lot on teaching people to dance.
It doesn't seem like it'd be practical in a real fight, you have to first build up a rythm, and most of the moves rely on full-body motion, where you're flipping and doing handstands, it seems like the process of attacking or defending would be rather slow, and complicated to pull off.
Then again, I'm no expert on this matter.

haha, tommy please. I was joking, i know it's not nearly as simple as i said it was.

-Cromwell

Old Post 09-23-2002 08:31 PM