Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > midnight run
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

midnight run

our youth group teamed up with the american church and went on a midnight run last friday. for those of you that dont know what a midnight run is, it is simply giving food, clothing, toiletries, blankets, etc to the homeless people. it is basically an organization made in the city, to help homeless people, and the owner right now used to be a homeless man, and also before used to be a homeless person. churches help out by gathering supplies, recieving a map (from the organization i think), and going to those strongholds where homeless people are, scouting for them, and helping them. our churches had two vans and what the people do is come to our vans and pick up whatever they need. we eventually started running out of supplies at our 2nd to last stop, but luckily we had enough for most of the people towards the end. the last stop was a terminal.. it is unbelievable. there were at least 30-40 homeless people all gathered, sleeping on the benches, so instead of bringing them out, we brought our supplies in and helped out. (these fucking drunk girls started cussing at us and dissin us cause we asian. the blacks who are waiting, non homeless were complaining not to help out the homeless and cussing as well. those bastards, have they have no heart?) helping the homeless is truly a great experience, and made me realize how much i had in comparison to them. a lot of homeless people were very strong in opinion, and some liked to tell us stories. for those that participated in these midnight runs, i congratulate all of you.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2003 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

Re: midnight run

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
the blacks who are waiting, non homeless were complaining not to help out the homeless and cussing as well. those bastards, have they have no heart?

they live with the homeless people everyday in the city. you come for a night and see the ones who have enough of a head on their shoulders to get up and walk over in a drunken stupor and ask for food. you can be like aww lets help the homeless or you can tell them to get their off their addiction and to get a job. giving them food and blankets only encourages their way of life. the ones you talked about having strong opinions and telling you stories were a minority. you hafta recognize why many of these people are homeless in the first place. there are a few that just hit hard times, (most will use that excuse) but most are either crack or heroin addicts or alcoholics who spent their money on their drug of choice and lost it all due to their nature under the influence. you may ask why im saying all of these things and why i think im a know it all, but i lived in an area of the south bronx where youd see crack viles pretty much every tiem you left your apartment. also the homeless shelters in the area became crack and heroin 'houses' to some extent . most of the drugs were sold there, which kept the ex-addicts who were trying to get off the drugs and improve their lives away from their goal.

edit: im sure you had good intentions and im not trying to pick a fight with you, but i just dont see how giving homeless people food will help them in the long run.

Old Post 04-28-2003 10:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

the midnight run doesnt really do much for the 'long run' because it wasnt meant for that. its not meant to bring ppl out of homelessness or solve all their problems.

its meant to give people 1 night of hospitality. 1 night. i think everybody deserves at least that, no matter what kinda shyt they did in life.

Old Post 04-29-2003 02:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:
ts meant to give people 1 night of hospitality. 1 night. i think everybody deserves at least that, no matter what kinda shyt they did in life.

i see your point and i think youre right, but it just seems like it encourages them to be homeless becuase they will feel taken care of. the midnight runs just glorify being homeless to me.

Old Post 04-29-2003 03:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

if youve never been on one, how would YOU know? ive thought the same things as you before i went on it... cause i also lived in the city too before. one night helping those people will make u feel blessed and all, and as for now, my views of them are changed to an extent. everbody deserves soemthing good in their life, and like huby said.. 1 night of hospitality is rewarding enough.

Old Post 04-29-2003 07:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

its nice and everything that you did that, but it some states like california thats illegal. for the reason that there are shelters and halfway houses. the people who still live on the streets are the ones who are homeless because they were addicted to drugs or alcohol, or got arrested and never got back on their own feet.

Old Post 04-29-2003 07:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

quote:
Originally posted by AjY 2k
its nice and everything that you did that, but it some states like california thats illegal. for the reason that there are shelters and halfway houses. the people who still live on the streets are the ones who are homeless because they were addicted to drugs or alcohol, or got arrested and never got back on their own feet.

hm... i didn't know that.. interesting.

Old Post 04-29-2003 08:06 PM
Spartan

Lol.. Andy.. I can imagine some old white dude...

"Whoa... that chink with the big forehead gave me some blanket and clothes. Better sell them for booze."

Old Post 04-29-2003 08:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spartan Click here to Send Spartan a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan Add Spartan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twinkie
twinkie

Re: Re: midnight run

quote:
Originally posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23
they live with the homeless people everyday in the city. you come for a night and see the ones who have enough of a head on their shoulders to get up and walk over in a drunken stupor and ask for food. you can be like aww lets help the homeless or you can tell them to get their off their addiction and to get a job. giving them food and blankets only encourages their way of life. the ones you talked about having strong opinions and telling you stories were a minority. you hafta recognize why many of these people are homeless in the first place. there are a few that just hit hard times, (most will use that excuse) but most are either crack or heroin addicts or alcoholics who spent their money on their drug of choice and lost it all due to their nature under the influence.

he's not a f****** idiot you f*****.

Last edited by aznkid1008 on 04-30-2003 at 01:00 AM

Old Post 04-29-2003 10:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for twinkie Click here to Send twinkie a Private Message Find more posts by twinkie Add twinkie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

Re: Re: Re: midnight run

quote:
Originally posted by twinkie
he's not a f****** idiot you f*****.
umm sry the role of 'forum asshole' is already taken by screwyou and andrew. i was just explaining my side of the argument. i dont see why im a f***** because of it, but whatever floats your boat i guess.

Last edited by aznkid1008 on 04-30-2003 at 01:00 AM

Old Post 04-30-2003 12:13 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

HEY lets watch the language here. no need for that. twinkie just chill for a sec cause andy can defend himself. and as. lets keep away from the wise ass remarks here. its not helpin anyone and nor is it makin u look smarter so chill.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 04-30-2003 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
screwyou

mmmmmmmmmmmmm I like it

Old Post 04-30-2003 01:18 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
HEY lets watch the language here. no need for that. twinkie just chill for a sec cause andy can defend himself. and as. lets keep away from the wise ass remarks here. its not helpin anyone and nor is it makin u look smarter so chill.
wise ass remarks hmm. i cant find one in any of my posts except for the last in which i was responding to someone calling me '***&**&^#%^^@%#&'. and for calling andrew and screw you the forum assholes, thats what they call themselves.

Old Post 04-30-2003 02:03 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
and for calling andrew and screw you the forum assholes, thats what they call themselves.

thats wat i ment. dont encourage somethin thats negative but necessary

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 04-30-2003 02:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

Re: Re: midnight run

quote:
they live with the homeless people everyday in the city. you come for a night and see the ones who have enough of a head on their shoulders to get up and walk over in a drunken stupor and ask for food. you can be like aww lets help the homeless or you can tell them to get their off their addiction and to get a job. giving them food and blankets only encourages their way of life. the ones you talked about having strong opinions and telling you stories were a minority. you hafta recognize why many of these people are homeless in the first place. there are a few that just hit hard times, (most will use that excuse) but most are either crack or heroin addicts or alcoholics who spent their money on their drug of choice and lost it all due to their nature under the influence. you may ask why im saying all of these things and why i think im a know it all, but i lived in an area of the south bronx where youd see crack viles pretty much every tiem you left your apartment. also the homeless shelters in the area became crack and heroin 'houses' to some extent . most of the drugs were sold there, which kept the ex-addicts who were trying to get off the drugs and improve their lives away from their goal.

edit: im sure you had good intentions and im not trying to pick a fight with you, but i just dont see how giving homeless people food will help them in the long run.

aren't you worried about being an alcoholic or a drug addict? i mean, since u talk about how much you get drunk all the time.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 04-30-2003 03:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
screwyou

Re: Re: Re: midnight run

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg
aren't you worried about being an alcoholic or a drug addict? i mean, since u talk about how much you get drunk all the time.

Maybe you'll be one of them, someday, and Yaamakoh will be there giving out foods, etc. Then maybe you'll understand.

Old Post 04-30-2003 04:06 AM
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

Re: Re: Re: Re: midnight run

quote:
Originally posted by screwyou
Maybe you'll be one of them, someday, and Yaamakoh will be there giving out foods, etc. Then maybe you'll understand.

do you have any idea what im talking about? i dont think so. so before you reply to anything i say, find out what im talking about for your own edification. thank you.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 04-30-2003 11:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
screwyou

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: midnight run

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg
do you have any idea what im talking about? i dont think so. so before you reply to anything i say, find out what im talking about for your own edification. thank you.

Sorry. I was referring to .aS.

Old Post 04-30-2003 12:33 PM
rofflexg

yeah, it was nice.

Old Post 05-11-2003 02:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rofflexg Click here to Send rofflexg a Private Message Visit rofflexg's homepage! Find more posts by rofflexg Add rofflexg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
if youve never been on one, how would YOU know? ive thought the same things as you before i went on it... cause i also lived in the city too before. one night helping those people will make u feel blessed and all, and as for now, my views of them are changed to an extent. everbody deserves soemthing good in their life, and like huby said.. 1 night of hospitality is rewarding enough.

I think as may have been trying to say something along the lines of "You can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or you can spend a day teaching a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime."

But mabye it was something else. Oh well then.

Old Post 05-11-2003 04:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote