Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > Was this considered embarrassment?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PakChunhui1983

Was this considered embarrassment?

Being korean american, i live in a city full of rednecks, blacks who pick on asians and even other asian nationalities.

One day, i was at Wendy's with my gf and these white kids were saying to her " hey asianslut, you want to suck ****"..and then walked away laughing. I got pissed , grabbed him and punched his face.. I thought it was good and my gf was like whoa.

She told her friends and they were like " you trying to make us asians feel bad?" I was like wtf? I stood up to this racist punk and this is what you're saying? At least im not like those fake asian gangsters who seem to be hardcore not doing any of these stuff.

So was it embarrassing for other asians or did i prove a point by standing up for other asians? I mean, he was like " dude, im just playing around".

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-14-2002 05:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PakChunhui1983 Click here to Send PakChunhui1983 a Private Message Find more posts by PakChunhui1983 Add PakChunhui1983 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

good job! Your gf's friends got problems dude. They probably want to be assimilated into white culture and feel that because you punched a white dude, you're ruining their chances.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-14-2002 06:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

i woulda done the same thing

Old Post 09-14-2002 06:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PakChunhui1983

She was bitching and stating..." You want us koreans to feel like the enemies? Go apologize and forget about him, hes a jerk anyway.."

Wtf? Im not apologizing.

Should i dump her? Shes annoying now...

Old Post 09-14-2002 06:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PakChunhui1983 Click here to Send PakChunhui1983 a Private Message Find more posts by PakChunhui1983 Add PakChunhui1983 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

yes dump her. If she likes hearing that kind of language, you shouldn't be with her anyway

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-14-2002 07:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PakChunhui1983

Shes the only decent korean girl i admire. But this is not the only time she made a statement like this. During my HS year as a sophmore, me and her were in the same math class. This new korean fob came to our class in the middle of the year. Since my gf had a terrible time learning korean, she said to that girl..." I hope she learns some english..cus i can't talk to her in korean".

i remember telling her " I'll translate for you"

She replied " naw, she looks too fobbish for me..."

I was shocked, but she later apologized for saying that statement.

:sad:

Old Post 09-14-2002 07:09 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

yea your gf and herfriends want to be whities. How pathetic.

Get new friends with the fob or somethin

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-14-2002 07:44 PM
Street RSX

i woulda dun tha same, if shes gon be like that, dumb her twinkie ass and get wit a fob.. Stik up fer tha Koreanz.. i still cant believe she'll let them go after thay called her a slut..

Old Post 09-14-2002 08:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

how old was this kid.. if he was much younger than you.. i have no respect for you at all.. if he was around your age and or older.. i still dont know

just like you i would feel insulted and aggravated if someone said a comment about my gf or asians in general.. but i feel violence does not help violence.. im not quite sure what your gf meant by that response.. something about the enemy? but resorting to violence in my opinion is just as bad as some racist remark.

call me a pussy if you want.. God said to love your enemies..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 09-14-2002 09:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grumpy

thats not embarrassing for asians... your gf's friends are just weird. even though violence doesnt solve anything, it's good that u punched him cuz then you're showing him he cant get away with saying those kinda things.

and how old are you? you seem to be thinking too quickly when u said "should i dump her? she's annoying now..." if it's just the fact that she's annoying, you shouldn't let those kinda things get in the way. but your relationship doesnt really seem serious. so i dont know. just let things go with the flow.

Old Post 09-15-2002 12:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for grumpy Click here to Send grumpy a Private Message Find more posts by grumpy Add grumpy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

NO. it's not considered embarrassment...

what's with your girlfriend? punchin some guy was makin koreans look bad? what the.... man... i wouldn't punched his ass if no one did...

or.. i would've ignored it. then he'd be the one to look stupid.

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Old Post 09-15-2002 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PakChunhui1983

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
how old was this kid.. if he was much younger than you.. i have no respect for you at all.. if he was around your age and or older.. i still dont know

just like you i would feel insulted and aggravated if someone said a comment about my gf or asians in general.. but i feel violence does not help violence.. im not quite sure what your gf meant by that response.. something about the enemy? but resorting to violence in my opinion is just as bad as some racist remark.

call me a pussy if you want.. God said to love your enemies..

this punk was about 2 or 3 years older. I didn't take hapkido for nothing.

So let me ask you, if you get picked on by the color of your skin, the way you talk or the way you act, are you going to stand there motionless while other people of different race makes hate jokes about you?

No offense , but i don't know any asians that would tolerate that type of behavior. But again, im glad i punched him...not to be big and bad, but to show him that asians can stand up for themselves.

Old Post 09-15-2002 05:56 AM
PakChunhui1983

quote:
Originally posted by grumpy
thats not embarrassing for asians... your gf's friends are just weird. even though violence doesnt solve anything, it's good that u punched him cuz then you're showing him he cant get away with saying those kinda things.

and how old are you? you seem to be thinking too quickly when u said "should i dump her? she's annoying now..." if it's just the fact that she's annoying, you shouldn't let those kinda things get in the way. but your relationship doesnt really seem serious. so i dont know. just let things go with the flow.

me and this new gf went thru rough times besides this incident.

Old Post 09-15-2002 05:58 AM
Jj2
JSL Member

Re: Was this considered embarrassment?

quote:
Originally posted by PakChunhui1983
Being korean american, i live in a city full of rednecks, blacks who pick on asians and even other asian nationalities.

One day, i was at Wendy's with my gf and these white kids were saying to her " hey asianslut, you want to suck ****"..and then walked away laughing. I got pissed , grabbed him and punched his face.. I thought it was good and my gf was like whoa.

She told her friends and they were like " you trying to make us asians feel bad?" I was like wtf? I stood up to this racist punk and this is what you're saying? At least im not like those fake asian gangsters who seem to be hardcore not doing any of these stuff.

So was it embarrassing for other asians or did i prove a point by standing up for other asians? I mean, he was like " dude, im just playing around".

i wouldnt say embarrasment...i would say it's more like putting a bad name on asians...i mean, a bad reputation. like they might think we're easy to get pissed off at things so they'll take advantage of that and then piss us even more. i say...next time, just ignore them...hittng them and all wont do any good and something serious might even come out of it. just have ur pride as an asian and just ignore what they say...at least ur not a low-life like them. just stay kool next time and ignore those losers. peace out

Last edited by Jj2 on 09-16-2002 at 05:41 AM

Old Post 09-16-2002 05:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

quote:
Originally posted by PakChunhui1983

me and this new gf went thru rough times besides this incident.

but that still doesnt give u the right to hit the guy even though we both know who's wrong. i mean, what does that achieve? satisfaction? that's only a minute thing. there's always gonna be some racist bastards out there but there's nothing u can do bout it...hitting them wont do much...it'll only release ur anger for a short period of time till a similar incident happens again. just ignoring them is the best satisfaction u can get rather than hitting them cause in the end, u'll be the wise one and they'll be the immature ones who have nothing else better to do than calling out racist and sexual remarks to strangers.

Old Post 09-16-2002 05:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Jj2
ur the wise one and they're the immature ones who have nothing else better to do than calling out racist and sexual remarks to strangers.

too much pent up tension makes little johnny an unhappy boy.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-16-2002 05:41 AM
Jj2
JSL Member

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

too much pent up tension makes little johnny an unhappy boy.

Old Post 09-16-2002 05:47 AM
krnxswat
what a joke!

heh. well what would of happened if you didnt punch that guy? your girlfriend would have been like "what? youre just gonna take that from him?" isn't she? heh` i dunt no. its not considered embarassement. its good standing up for someone u love. but sang cheon is right, violence doesnt solve anything.

Old Post 09-16-2002 06:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Jj2

but that still doesnt give u the right to hit the guy even though we both know who's wrong. i mean, what does that achieve? satisfaction? that's only a minute thing. there's always gonna be some racist bastards out there but there's nothing u can do bout it...hitting them wont do much...it'll only release ur anger for a short period of time till a similar incident happens again. just ignoring them is the best satisfaction u can get rather than hitting them cause in the end, u'll be the wise one and they'll be the immature ones who have nothing else better to do than calling out racist and sexual remarks to strangers.

i totally agree.

i didn't say i tolerated hatred or bigotry towards anybody.. but i definitely don't tolerate violence of any kind.. thats just ignorance.. i understand " the heat of the moment" can be a different situation.. but thats the difference between ignorance and knowledge.. you got it.. use it my friend.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 09-16-2002 06:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PakChunhui1983

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU

i totally agree.

i didn't say i tolerated hatred or bigotry towards anybody.. but i definitely don't tolerate violence of any kind.. thats just ignorance.. i understand " the heat of the moment" can be a different situation.. but thats the difference between ignorance and knowledge.. you got it.. use it my friend.

I understand what you people are saying, but if this happens in a everyday ordeal, then why would i stand there? So, if a black or hispanic can stand up to racism, why not asian?

Old Post 09-16-2002 02:16 PM