Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > People begging for money
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joobaboya

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg
i've never seen that before, but i think that is so messed up. if they genuinely needed the money for food or clothing rather than alcohol or drugs, then they wouldnt do that. but then again, desperate times calls for desperate measures.

my youth leader was talking about this stuff a long time ago. he explained his encounter with a homeless man begging for money. what my youth leader did was go to a nearby chinese restaurant and but some food for him. then wen the homeless man's family came out, he realized that they needed more so he went to buy some more.

i think that that is a better way to help them out rather than giving them money where u are uncertain where or what they are going to spend it on. in this case, u atleast know what ur money is being used for.

but the homeless person can sue for food poisoning ...or whatever else happens to them after they eat the food. didn't that happen to McDonalds? they gave some homeless person food and they got sick from eating it and sued McDonalds. err..not sure -_-;;

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-30-2003 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joobaboya Click here to Send joobaboya a Private Message Find more posts by joobaboya Add joobaboya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
j3ss

I was walking down in the city once with a few of my friends and we bought food for him so he wouldnt waste the money on drugs..

When they buy drugs with money.. it makes me wonder.. why the hell would you dig deeper into a problem like that? wouldn't you want to get out of there and start a new life? I think thats just stupid. its worse than giving up.. its just trying to get attention and pity.

Old Post 01-27-2005 04:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for j3ss Click here to Send j3ss a Private Message Find more posts by j3ss Add j3ss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by j3ss
I was walking down in the city once with a few of my friends and we bought food for him so he wouldnt waste the money on drugs..

When they buy drugs with money.. it makes me wonder.. why the hell would you dig deeper into a problem like that? wouldn't you want to get out of there and start a new life? I think thats just stupid. its worse than giving up.. its just trying to get attention and pity.

Conviction is a luxury of those on the sidelines.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 01-31-2005 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

People begging for money? Hmmmm.....sounds like me when I was in 8th grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always used to do that. My friends would be sorry for me and they would give me. They all thought that I was a poor girl that her parents couldn't afford to give her money to buy something to snack on.... But they had no idea tha my parents DID give me money and I was saving every penny of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While they spent their money on me (and on themselves)!!!!! Yeah, I WAS evil!

Old Post 03-31-2005 03:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

Pisses me off.
I would know I live in Berkeley... the center of all homeless activity in this here bay area. lol.

We have some of the best crazies around.

But it really aggravates me when people ask me for money on the street "just a quarter, dollar, whatever you can spare"

whatever i can spare? HELLO. we are all broke mufuggin college students. I can't even spare a friggin penny. I work hard for my money. Why cant you?

IS what I'm thinking but giving them money doesn't help. I'd rather go work at the homeless shelter than give someone a dollar for their booze/crack habit. One time I gave someone some food from the DC and they threw it back at me. ungrateful bastards.

Old Post 07-27-2006 10:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote