Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Love and Dating > I've been through so much...
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
yeah but she gave a whole speech on her feeling of being "criticized" before she made that quote. so you have to include that into her statement.

usually when we hear the word criticize .. we associate the word with finding faults only.

1) dude what are you talking about. The generalized statement could stand on its own with or without the earlier parts, again, that is the beauty or rather, the ugliness in this case, of generalization. It is able to stand on its own because it does not directly refer back to her.

2) Then i would conclude that you are part of the millions that are mistaken when they use the word. By assuming that the negative connotation was what she meant, it means that you are not only misusing a word, but also excluding out the part that you do not want. Either use the word correctly do not use it at all, especially when it is in a statement such as the one i quoted.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-23-2002 05:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*~SOLIDITY~*

I'm just wondering, do we not like this jay girl?

I understand and can see her point of views on things and she seems a bit ignorant but she does state clearly that she was asking for help.

Old Post 11-23-2002 07:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for *~SOLIDITY~* Click here to Send *~SOLIDITY~* a Private Message Find more posts by *~SOLIDITY~* Add *~SOLIDITY~* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

quote:
Originally posted by *~SOLIDITY~*
I'm just wondering, do we not like this jay girl?

whahhaa! no no, everyone loves julie

Old Post 11-24-2002 01:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

let's not bicker over this matter any more than we have. it's my mistake for having become so absorbed, yet again, in someone who clearly isn't worth the time knocking sense into. i will admit i may have been a bit harsh with her considering she's still a little kid in terms of mentality who doesn't know any better, so i'll just hold some hope that she'll start to realize some things about herself as she grows up and matures.

for now, it is clear to me and it is my opinion (and mine alone) that she does not deserve anything remotely related to a "love" life. someone, however, should tell her to study more and get good grades instead of living out a self-created drama. you know, just in case she can't find a husband to support her in the future, she'll need a good education to fall back on to. *smirks*

Old Post 11-24-2002 03:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for psyTeK ver. 2.0 Click here to Send psyTeK ver. 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by psyTeK ver. 2.0 Add psyTeK ver. 2.0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

quote:
Originally posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0
let's not bicker over this matter any more than we have. it's my mistake for having become so absorbed, yet again, in someone who clearly isn't worth the time knocking sense into. i will admit i may have been a bit harsh with her considering she's still a little kid in terms of mentality who doesn't know any better, so i'll just hold some hope that she'll start to realize some things about herself as she grows up and matures.

for now, it is clear to me and it is my opinion (and mine alone) that she does not deserve anything remotely related to a "love" life. someone, however, should tell her to study more and get good grades instead of living out a self-created drama. you know, just in case she can't find a husband to support her in the future, she'll need a good education to fall back on to. *smirks*

* gasp * no "face the facts"?

Old Post 11-24-2002 03:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

quote:
Originally posted by saranghae

* gasp * no "face the facts"?

whoops. face the facts, i'm only human.

...heh.

Old Post 11-24-2002 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for psyTeK ver. 2.0 Click here to Send psyTeK ver. 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by psyTeK ver. 2.0 Add psyTeK ver. 2.0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

quote:

...heh.

thats the first time i saw you type a laughing expression.
if heh counts as hehe/haha

Old Post 11-24-2002 03:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiGhTy KiTTy
*MeOW* ^^

quote:

...heh.

puhaha aww how cute. xDD psytek cracked his serious face!! xDD haha..*did that make any sense wat-so-ever? T.T*

Propz to Sam. yayy~ haha

-----------------------
my xanga that i finally put up~
*MeOw MeOW*

Old Post 11-24-2002 03:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiGhTy KiTTy Click here to Send MiGhTy KiTTy a Private Message Find more posts by MiGhTy KiTTy Add MiGhTy KiTTy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

oh dear

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 11-24-2002 03:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

quote:

...heh.

hahaha

Old Post 11-24-2002 06:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

1) dude what are you talking about. The generalized statement could stand on its own with or without the earlier parts, again, that is the beauty or rather, the ugliness in this case, of generalization. It is able to stand on its own because it does not directly refer back to her.

2) Then i would conclude that you are part of the millions that are mistaken when they use the word. By assuming that the negative connotation was what she meant, it means that you are not only misusing a word, but also excluding out the part that you do not want. Either use the word correctly do not use it at all, especially when it is in a statement such as the one i quoted.

it could with or without.. but when a quote like that is made you always have to look at the subtext. outrageous quotes are made all the time. but it's the one with story and reasoning behind them that are valid or invalid. you can't always look at things face value anymore because you lose the intentions behind them. and you're right.. it does stand on its own.. but i interpret and receive it differently than you do.. you look at the quote alone face value. i look at the purpose of the quote including whatever she wrote before that to give a sense of what and whom the quote was intended for. i understood the intention of the quote despite the misuse of words.. you can't always look at them face value anymore. that goes for a lot of things these days.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 11-26-2002 07:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
i look at the purpose of the quote including whatever she wrote before that to give a sense of what and whom the quote was intended for. i understood the intention of the quote despite the misuse of words.. you can't always look at them face value anymore. that goes for a lot of things these days.

to assume that she meant for the generalized statement to directly relate to the earlier parts of her post is a leap a faith that one simply cannot take when analysing things. Assumptions of the relationships between the parts of a quote have emperically led to misunderstandings and oftentimes conflict. Yes, i'll grant you that one cannot simply look at all things by face value all the time. However it is a greater mishap to make a leap of faith by assuming the relationships between statements without grounding evidence.

Hmm, so lets take it how Tyger Style said it was meant to be understood. "[Constructive] criticism doesn't help shape the criticized, it only shapes the criticisizer." Wow, okay, whereas my statement had some level of relativity in there, this really doesn't in the fact that contructive criticism DOES shape the criticized and is well-accepted more often than not by the criticized.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 11-27-2002 07:39 AM
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

delete this thread please?

Old Post 11-27-2002 07:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

Life is to complicated to analyze. Its a phase. You'll get thru it, if you don't your probably just like girls now. Life isn't meant to be contemplated, its meant to be lived.

Old Post 11-27-2002 11:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Click here to Send ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó a Private Message Find more posts by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Add ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meKjOoaNjeLL

umm. i hate to tell you this but you REALLY didnt go throo much as sum other peoples in this world who lost there bfs and gfs and etc.. so why dunt you grow up and start being grateful for wat you gone throo.... k? ok sorry i juss had to point dat out dunt mind me

Old Post 11-30-2002 06:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for meKjOoaNjeLL Click here to Send meKjOoaNjeLL a Private Message Find more posts by meKjOoaNjeLL Add meKjOoaNjeLL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote