Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Dance > Dance
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nojeel

Dance

i suggested this thread just for the fact that..i'm pretty sure there are some talented dancers on jsl..this is basically it..help unexperienced dancers some moves..what type of dancing your interested in..and basically any general discussion about dancing...and if you would like to talk about routines from certain mvs..i will do my best to try and copy them and performthem to you by putting in a mpeg...puahahahaah but enjoy this thread..me and alex (mcchopstickz) will do our best to make this thread interesting.. :thumbup:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-09-2002 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

ok, hot's we are the future mv ------ several breakdancin moves, that one popping/robot/whatever thing, body waves, that leg hopping thing...........yeah, could u do some of those?

Old Post 08-09-2002 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

i aint that fucking good..hahaahah you must be crazy...i was kidding about those..but i do know the whole dance routine to h.o.t's candy..puahaha

Old Post 08-09-2002 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

oh ok, juss asking ........how about step by step flares, windmills, sixstep, 1990s, handswipes, ne cool freezes, spin, or am asking for too much shit again? ok, how about just showin off ur rave moves?

Old Post 08-09-2002 02:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

wait a minute..do you want me to write it step by step? like every single detail?

Old Post 08-09-2002 02:51 AM
az0nd2r3

sure, itd be nice, or could u make a clear vid of wut ur doing?

Old Post 08-09-2002 02:59 AM
Nojeel

the vid would be very unsteady..but i will try to make it as clear as i can..until then..which move FIRST do you want step by step instructions in?

Old Post 08-09-2002 03:00 AM
az0nd2r3

wait a minute, i just noticed that posts in here dont add to ur count.......i dont realli care, but was this a mistake? adding to my previous post, most vids are too unclear, or have bad angles of what theyre doing.......
suggestion :: maybe break this dance forum into parts, lyke the music forum, maybe for different styles of dance and subcategories, and one general place........

Old Post 08-09-2002 03:02 AM
az0nd2r3

quote:
Originally posted by Nojeel
the vid would be very unsteady..but i will try to make it as clear as i can..until then..which move FIRST do you want step by step instructions in?

how bout a windmill? koo

Old Post 08-09-2002 03:04 AM
Nojeel

hmm..doesn't add to your post..i didn't notice that

edit: but it don't really matter

Old Post 08-09-2002 03:04 AM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

great idea! i love to dance! ^_^

Old Post 08-09-2002 04:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HHxEliTE
S2

.. okie... raving..... where u tie like the glowsticks.. to umm.. shoelaces or a string......... how do u do that?? i wanna learn that so badly!!

Old Post 08-09-2002 07:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HHxEliTE Click here to Send HHxEliTE a Private Message Find more posts by HHxEliTE Add HHxEliTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MC ChOpStiCkz
gone

Six-step my fav n most important breaking move

Step 1: Get in the push-up position.
Step 2: Lift your right hand up and bring your left foot through and up a bit, close to where your right hand just was.
Step 3: Now bring your right foot up in front of your left a little.
Step 4: Next, bring your left foot up in front of you and next to your left so you turn your body, and your chest faces up.
Step 5: Now that you're in the swipes position(like a crab), straighten your right leg out.
Step 6: Sweep your right leg under your left by lifting your left hand up and bringing your right leg under your left bent leg, and finish in the push-up position.

Flares

Step 1: Stand up with your right foot in front of your left so your right leg's to the side a little and in front of your left a lot.
Step 2: Swing your hands to the right.
Step 3: Now unwind your hands to the left and kick your left foot up so it hits the right one up, dropping your left hand on the ground.
Step 4: Quickly, drop your right hand on the ground, letting the momentum bring your legs in the air, and kicking your right leg up at your nose.
Step 5: Bring your left leg up too, so your almost doing the splits with your legs way in the air.
Step 6: Let your right leg stay up in the air as much as possible, lifting your left hand up bringing your right leg down and under your left.
Step 7: Follow through with your left leg going back around so your legs are in mid-air behind you(Keep your legs spread and you have to bring your lower body almost higher than your head).
Step 8: This is very difficult, but lift your right hand up and bring your right leg through and follow through with your left again getting into the position where you're hands are on the ground and your legs are in the splits in the air.
Step 9: Continue the other steps this was how i learned how to do it.

Windmill

Step 1: Start off by putting your left elbow in your abs(inbetween your ribs and hip close to your belly button).
Step 2: Now get on the ground with your elbow still in your abs, your forehead on the ground, your right hand on the side of your head, and your legs straight and spread in the air(it should be a struggle a little bit to hold the position).
Step 3: Now lift your right leg up even more, and kick your left leg under so you roll over onto your upper back to prevent you from hurting your lower back.
Step 4: Keep your legs way in the air and roll over your right shoulder keeping your right elbow bent so your hand is touching your shoulder(using your head going from the back to the side to the front of it).
Step 5: Follow through and over so you stick your left hand back on the ground keeping your elbow in your stomach so you end up in the beginning position except you're facing the opposite direction(your right elbow can be used to help hold you up).
Step 6: Using your right hand push back up and over.
Step 7: Repeat as much as possible.

Old Post 08-09-2002 07:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MC ChOpStiCkz Click here to Send MC ChOpStiCkz a Private Message Visit MC ChOpStiCkz's homepage! Find more posts by MC ChOpStiCkz Add MC ChOpStiCkz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

OMG... Jon Jon, you never told me you dance... This is so cool. I saw this new "dance" forum and I was like... OMG... dance... That's so me!!! argh argh... and we already have two mods... hum... oh wellz... Hmm, I'm gonna post in here... heh!

Old Post 08-09-2002 05:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

quote:
Originally posted by HHxEliTE
.. okie... raving..... where u tie like the glowsticks.. to umm.. shoelaces or a string......... how do u do that?? i wanna learn that so badly!!
that is fun..you just need to have coordination..that all

Old Post 08-09-2002 07:45 PM
MC ChOpStiCkz
gone

1990's

First, u should practice tryin to balance on ur left hand(try liftin ur fingers off the ground so u balance on the bottom part of ur palm)
Step 1: Stand up legs shoulder width apart.
Step 2: Swing both of your hands to the right.
Step 3: Now unwind your hands and put your right hand down on the ground next to your left foot, lifting your whole left leg straight into the air(it's like your hand is taking the place of your left foot).
Step 4: Putting your weight on your right hand, next kick your right leg in the air, and at about the same time drop your left hand on the ground and bring your right hand up by your side.
Step 5: Use the momentum from kicking up your right leg to spin on your left hand(you spin on the bottom of your palm to reduce friction which ur fingers caus).

got dis frum yahoo :)

Old Post 08-09-2002 07:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MC ChOpStiCkz Click here to Send MC ChOpStiCkz a Private Message Visit MC ChOpStiCkz's homepage! Find more posts by MC ChOpStiCkz Add MC ChOpStiCkz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

quote:
Originally posted by MC ChOpStiCkz
Six-step my fav n most important breaking move

Step 1: Get in the push-up position.
Step 2: Lift your right hand up and bring your left foot through and up a bit, close to where your right hand just was.
Step 3: Now bring your right foot up in front of your left a little.
Step 4: Next, bring your left foot up in front of you and next to your left so you turn your body, and your chest faces up.
Step 5: Now that you're in the swipes position(like a crab), straighten your right leg out.
Step 6: Sweep your right leg under your left by lifting your left hand up and bringing your right leg under your left bent leg, and finish in the push-up position.

Flares

Step 1: Stand up with your right foot in front of your left so your right leg's to the side a little and in front of your left a lot.
Step 2: Swing your hands to the right.
Step 3: Now unwind your hands to the left and kick your left foot up so it hits the right one up, dropping your left hand on the ground.
Step 4: Quickly, drop your right hand on the ground, letting the momentum bring your legs in the air, and kicking your right leg up at your nose.
Step 5: Bring your left leg up too, so your almost doing the splits with your legs way in the air.
Step 6: Let your right leg stay up in the air as much as possible, lifting your left hand up bringing your right leg down and under your left.
Step 7: Follow through with your left leg going back around so your legs are in mid-air behind you(Keep your legs spread and you have to bring your lower body almost higher than your head).
Step 8: This is very difficult, but lift your right hand up and bring your right leg through and follow through with your left again getting into the position where you're hands are on the ground and your legs are in the splits in the air.
Step 9: Continue the other steps this was how i learned how to do it.

Windmill

Step 1: Start off by putting your left elbow in your abs(inbetween your ribs and hip close to your belly button).
Step 2: Now get on the ground with your elbow still in your abs, your forehead on the ground, your right hand on the side of your head, and your legs straight and spread in the air(it should be a struggle a little bit to hold the position).
Step 3: Now lift your right leg up even more, and kick your left leg under so you roll over onto your upper back to prevent you from hurting your lower back.
Step 4: Keep your legs way in the air and roll over your right shoulder keeping your right elbow bent so your hand is touching your shoulder(using your head going from the back to the side to the front of it).
Step 5: Follow through and over so you stick your left hand back on the ground keeping your elbow in your stomach so you end up in the beginning position except you're facing the opposite direction(your right elbow can be used to help hold you up).
Step 6: Using your right hand push back up and over.
Step 7: Repeat as much as possible.

when doing flares..you gotta make sure you have some good upper body strength, the steps that mc chopstickz said is a pretty good detail..but first do this

sit down on the ground with both legs in front of you..put your hands on each of you sides..then just push up and keep your legs straight..this will tell you if you can hold up your own weight which is very important..now if you can hold that for about 10 seconds while keeping your legs up in the air..push yourself up by bring your legs underneath you and going into a handstand..this is a good excersice before you start to do flares.. it builds strength and balance as well..remember in doing the flares..its about how hard you kick as well..and i cant not say how important momentum is..whether your going clockwise or counter-clockwise..always make sure the first hand you put down right/left that push on the ground so that you can keep your arm steady..but mcchopstickz detail on how to do is good..you can follow that as well..

Old Post 08-09-2002 07:58 PM
luluvang

LOL I knew my sister was gonna be in here!!! she's so pshyco!(SP?) how do you spell that?

Old Post 08-09-2002 08:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for luluvang Click here to Send luluvang a Private Message Find more posts by luluvang Add luluvang to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

quote:
Originally posted by Nojeel

when doing flares..you gotta make sure you have some good upper body strength, the steps that mc chopstickz said is a pretty good detail..but first do this

sit down on the ground with both legs in front of you..put your hands on each of you sides..then just push up and keep your legs straight..this will tell you if you can hold up your own weight which is very important..now if you can hold that for about 10 seconds while keeping your legs up in the air..push yourself up by bring your legs underneath you and going into a handstand..this is a good excersice before you start to do flares.. it builds strength and balance as well..remember in doing the flares..its about how hard you kick as well..and i cant not say how important momentum is..whether your going clockwise or counter-clockwise..always make sure the first hand you put down right/left that push on the ground so that you can keep your arm steady..but mcchopstickz detail on how to do is good..you can follow that as well..

k, alex, jon, good stuff, thanx.........i kinda knew how to do some of this, but it always looked really funny.......im assuming u need some mad muscles for this, sucks for me, im skinny as crap......

Old Post 08-10-2002 12:14 AM
hip hOp Yu Ja

here are sum mOves dat arent tOo bad 2 learn ^^ enjOy~ dey tOok meeh a lil while 2 learn but yea if any1 wants sum instructionz on any breakdance mOve juz pOst it up hea' aytz?! N ill C wut i kan dO...

I think you guys know this move its called a 2000.

First of all before you can do this you must be able to do a 1990. You have
to know which hand you wanna spin on usually the stronger one.
Ok now before actually trying this move first practice by doing a regular
handstand and lift up the hand that you don't spin on and place it over your
spinning hand palm over palm, and try to balance like that for a few
seconds, the longer you can stay up the better and practice alot. Now u are
ready to begin first start out by going into your 90 and once you are in the
air you lift up your nonspinning hand and u start to spin place your free
palm on top of your
spinning hand and try to pull of some spins..this move is much easier than a
1990 but takes a week or two to get one solid rotation down so it shouldn't
be too much..just keek trying

-Tips you don't spin on your fingers you spin on the bottom of your palm
-You might wanna use a bandana or something under your hand when trying this
for the first time when you start to get better take it off

turtle

1- get into turtle position (get on all fours, place both of your hands down in from of your knees about 1 and 1/2 inches apart
from each other, fingers pointing away from each other, keeping your elbows as close as you can- lower your body onto your
elbows-your body should touch your elbows right around your belly button, now- spread your knees until they come off the
ground)
2- once in position, learn to balance first- (note: your head should face the floor at all times-and it remains stationary) this is
done with your legs: if your forehead keeps touching the ground, your feet need to be a little further away from your ass, if
your legs keep touching the ground, your feet need to be closer to your ass
3- once balance can be established with ease- and maintained for a while, its time to learn how to walk. IMPORTANT
NOTE: THROUGHOUT THIS MOVEMENT, ONCE INITIAL TURTLE POSITION HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED, THE
ELBOWS NEVER BECOME UNGLUED FROM THE BODY- NEVER this applies to circular walks, forward walks and
backward walks. now, to learn how to walk you needed to learn how to crawl, so this is how I teach how to crawl (and it
would behove you to learn in the order I teach these steps as I know what the hell I'm talking about) what your gonna do is
simply rock from one hand to the other( with no intention of walking in circles or straight lines for that matter) at first your legs
may scrape the ground- or your head, but in short order, one learns how to maintain balance (by doing this, you will learn how
to keep from crashing when doing your turtle walks - in any direction!) important good habits to acquire while doing this exercise:
keep your elbows glued to your body- no matter what!- also keep your head stationary and in line with your body.
4- you may have noticed that while doing exercise number three, you already started walking in circles, this is normal (and also
part of the reason for doing number three before number four) what you are going to do now, is activate your wrist muscles to
gain momentum- lets say you are turtling clockwise: you first get on all fours, place hands down fingers pointing away, lower
body onto elbows- then start rocking- Now to go clockwise, rock first onto your left wrist- once all your weight is on that
wrist you are going to rotate your left hand in a counter clockwise direction- this will propel your body in a clockwise direction
now, at the same time while your still on just your left hand you are going to rotate your right HAND in a clockwise direction
(you'll see why once you do it) - land on your right hand and reverse the process ( put all weight on r hand, rotate r hind in
c.clockwise direction while rotating l hand in clockwise direction.
TIPS: the above set of directions is for turtles, walking in circles, if one wishes to walk in straight lines, all the above steps
should be fairly mastered as straight lines require more balance -( if one were to walk forward, using the right hand first, this
would be the procedure: 1 get into turtle position 2 simultaneously: shift weight to left hand while raising right hip and walking
right hand forward (remember to keep elbow glued to body) AND extending left foot slightly away from your butt (about an
inch or so, still parallel to ground)for balance- NOTE straight walks require no rotation of the wrists 3 repeat for the opposite
side (reverse the words left and right for step 2 above) 4 in order to walk backwards (much easier) follow the above
directions, but instead of walking your hand forwards, you walk it backwards!
- another tip, once walking in circles is mastered, following the above steps- the way to truly fast turtles is to learn how to go
into them from a standing position!- it would take too damn long to describe and it doesn't take that long to learn how with
some practice (hint- swing your body and place your hands on the ground so that you can "set" your body down onto your
elbows) but once you can do that, swing into your turtles the pull your legs in a little bit closer to your body than your used to
(once balance has been established) and you'll fly!!
another tip- some people think this looks bad, but try it for yourself and see if you like it: for added speed, you can "swing"
your hips from side to side as you float (that's what we called 'em back in the day when I learned 'em - 1983!!) so if you were
turtling clock wise,as you stepped with your right hand, it would be as if your upper body moved while your lower body
stayed stationary until you stepped with your left hand- then after your left hand set down (during that brief moment both
hands are on the ground) your lower body would swing over to your left side- then repeat etc... work with it if you like- don't
use it if you think it looks bad- just know that it works for extra speed.

crickets

Alright, this is about how to do crickets, I am sure most of you
know these already but for those who don't, I am writin this. This is a tight
move that is a variation of turtles as well as broncos and things of that
nature. It is phat because it tests arm strength as well as balance.

[1] The turtle position must be mastered. Your balance must be flawless.
Otherwise you probably shouldn't try this move.

[2] Get in the turtle position. Then bend/curl your legs at the knees so your
feet come in closer to your body. Kick your feet upward/outward while pushing
very hard with your hands. You should hop into the air when you do this and
then come back down onto your hands. Be careful not to injure your wrists or
hit your chin or knees on the floor.

[3] Once you can do that, with each hop you take try turning your body a
little bit in one direction so that you land facing a different direction
than when you started. Or try just hopping really high but facing the same
direction. Do this repeatedly and you have crickets.

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Old Post 08-11-2002 01:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hip hOp Yu Ja Click here to Send hip hOp Yu Ja a Private Message Find more posts by hip hOp Yu Ja Add hip hOp Yu Ja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote