Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > the past
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CiviC_BayBi

the past

Remembering.....Remanicing....... Reflecting......why do we marvel at our past..?

We love to look at records, photos, words written, familliar emotions, and healed wounds....why do we like to remind ourselves of our bygone mentalities of ignorance and untamed spirits?.....

scenarios are often re-played in our minds..of those special moments our memory has chosen to store...those of our first kiss, our first slumber party, the first time we drank and drank until we couldn't see...or speak...have no one understand you..but yourself,Others...well, the first time you felt completely absorbed by another person, yet it was pain and the question of 'How could you do this to me?...', or how about that look of dissapointment in your parents eyes, or for maybe some of us, dark nights where we caused ourselves to bleed, and blood and tears both fell together in puddles at your knees...

could this be the reason why we often look back is to teach us lessons, we might have forgotten to learn..... Or lessons that could not be learnt until now....?

It's reality, fuck it , it's everything but me...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-30-2002 11:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CiviC_BayBi Click here to Send CiviC_BayBi a Private Message Visit CiviC_BayBi's homepage! Find more posts by CiviC_BayBi Add CiviC_BayBi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LuvSunghoonie
KangSunghoonie

WOW, thats deep.. hmm to answer ur quetion tho.. wha u said makes a lot of sense.. PPL look back on the past to learn forgotten lessons, lessons that were taught through pain, lost, love, hate, and even happiness..

Hmm I would look back on my past to see what've I done wrong in the past..to correct my present mistakes or when I'm sad.. to dig on my happy memories to help me cope....
So really memories from the past help you alot.. not just lessons in life, but also helps u heal.. cope.. and understand reality.

Old Post 07-02-2002 03:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LuvSunghoonie Click here to Send LuvSunghoonie a Private Message Visit LuvSunghoonie's homepage! Find more posts by LuvSunghoonie Add LuvSunghoonie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

y do we look bak on our past? bcuz memories are wut make a person. if a person suddently experiences amnesia, they're basically not really a person bcuz they've forgotten EVERYTHING and dun even noe hu they are nemore...at least thaz the way i think of it.

i like looking at the past for memories - the good, the bad, painful, and meaningful. we can learn from our mistakes and appreciate things in life from wut othrs hav done for us.

Old Post 07-03-2002 08:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i haven't read any of the replies, so if i repeat thats why. I'm just gonna list reasons why we look back into the past:

1)nothing better to do.
2)boredom
3)learn from them
4)figure things out
5)to overcome something
6)abstain from repeating what we've done (i.e. variety)
7)it's fun
8)why not?
9)everyone else does (hahah)
10)it's natural to
11)we have memories...so we look back on them
12)look back to further validate what we have become
13)to provide rationality
14)if we miss something, we'll try and reaquaint through memories temporarily
15)Look back and see how you've grown

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by tm11 on 07-09-2002 at 10:16 PM

Old Post 07-05-2002 07:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote