Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Fashion > fashion shopping online questioneer.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mouko
I need therapy

fashion shopping online questioneer.

I'm a fashion design major and a few friends and are currently working on a site that will sell vintage clothing and our own personal labels and design products (art for the home, books, accessories) and I'm being the poll taker online and I've been posting on forums asking a few questions and I'd appreciate some input.

1. Do you shop for clothing online? If so what are you favorite places to shop online? Please give a few examples why you like shopping at "x" store (other than the clothes are good. Fast loading images, easy navigation, shopping cart function are some examples).

2. Looking at the sites you like to shop online at, is there something you'd like to see added or changed? Please describe in detail if possible.

3. In terms of payment, how do you usually pay? Credit card? Snail mail (money order, check, cash[eck!])?

4. Are you interested in vintage clothing? If so, what particular items do you tend to look for? (examples would be vintage Chanel jackets or purses, classic rock concert t-shirts, jeans from the 60s and 70s)

and last but not least...

5. Do you want a clothing site that has just more than just clothes for sale (fashion news updates, tips, styles..etc)?

Thanks for the input!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-09-2002 06:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mouko Click here to Send Mouko a Private Message Visit Mouko's homepage! Find more posts by Mouko Add Mouko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

1) No

2) Yea, a lot of designer sites only have one line of clothing (usually their latest "creation) instead of their full inventory. I would really prefer if they displayed all their products

3) [refer to Q#1]

4) no...im not into the whole vintage look. However, there are always people that i don't speak for.

5) Depends.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-09-2002 07:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

1. yes,
www.urbn.com - urban outfitters (selection mainly, fairly fast loading images)
www.kennethcole.com - (selection, site layout, fast loading pictures, pictures for each different variations of selections as well)

The site doesn't matter that much to me, i think it's more a matter of selection, but a nice-looking site is always a plus.

2. Sometimes at urbn.com, not all the pictures load the first time i visit a page so I have to refresh it, that may just be a browser problem on my ignorant behalf though.

3. Credit Card

4. Some vintage clothing is pretty cool, I like shirts, not really T's, but other kinds of vintage clothing that are getting redesigned now and remarketed (i.e. western-style cowboy shirts, can't think of any other better examples though). If the price is right, that'd be nice. Retro-style shoes are cool too.

5. That'd be cool to see someone else's views on fashion. Easy, consolidated tips for guys would be nice, because there are already so many for women, but not a whole lot for males.

Old Post 12-09-2002 06:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

Re: fashion shopping online questioneer.

quote:
Originally posted by Mouko
I'm a fashion design major

oohh i'm gonna be a fashion design major too!!! where do u go to school? i'm applying right now, i'm still a senior in hs. i wanna go to FIT tho!!

1. Do you shop for clothing online? If so what are you favorite places to shop online? Please give a few examples why you like shopping at "x" store (other than the clothes are good. Fast loading images, easy navigation, shopping cart function are some examples). - sometimes, not very often. if i do, its usually on xoxo.com or rampage.com. i like xoxo and rampage becuz they have similar styles and styles i like. reasonable prices, easy navigation, privacy/safety.

2. Looking at the sites you like to shop online at, is there something you'd like to see added or changed? Please describe in detail if possible. - nutin really

3. In terms of payment, how do you usually pay? Credit card? Snail mail (money order, check, cash[eck!])? -credit card/pre-paid debit card

4. Are you interested in vintage clothing? If so, what particular items do you tend to look for? (examples would be vintage Chanel jackets or purses, classic rock concert t-shirts, jeans from the 60s and 70s) - not particularly. vintage stuff is usually quite pricey (the good stuff at least).

and last but not least...

5. Do you want a clothing site that has just more than just clothes for sale (fashion news updates, tips, styles..etc)? - dat would be a good idea! fashion news and updates would be nice.

Old Post 12-09-2002 07:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

1. i dont shop online for clothing often, but when i do, i go to bananarepublic.com or gap.com becasue they have good sale prices.

2. there isnt anything that i would change about shopping online...maybe cheaper shipping and handling? haha

3. check card or credit card

4. vintage clotihng is pretty cool. ithink its style is coming back. i have a pair of vintage style jeans.

5. not really, i wear what appeals to me. my style doesnt change to whatever people thinks is in style. i wear what i wanna wear.

Old Post 12-09-2002 08:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mouko
I need therapy

Re: Re: fashion shopping online questioneer.

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
oohh i'm gonna be a fashion design major too!!! where do u go to school? i'm applying right now, i'm still a senior in hs. i wanna go to FIT tho!!

I go to the Academy of Arts in San Francisco. Though I'm looking to making a transfer to St. Martins School of Art and Design in England. I've heard good things about FIT, Good luck with that!

Old Post 12-10-2002 04:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mouko Click here to Send Mouko a Private Message Visit Mouko's homepage! Find more posts by Mouko Add Mouko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iTsmeehLita
lita lita

i thought FIDM was a good school .. cuz my friend's majoring in fashion design or something ... and she goes there .. but iono .. anways ..

1.no. i buy through catalogs

2.i'd like to see lower prices. hah. well .. i guess more picture images.

3.check. no credit card companies will approve me =(

4.no

5.yea. i always like sales.

Old Post 12-10-2002 05:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iTsmeehLita Click here to Send iTsmeehLita a Private Message Find more posts by iTsmeehLita Add iTsmeehLita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mouko
I need therapy

quote:
Originally posted by iTsmeehLita
i thought FIDM was a good school .. cuz my friend's majoring in fashion design or something ... and she goes there .. but iono .. anways ..

FIDM is pretty good. My sister went there, but IMO the staff at Academy has more experience. Its headed by Gladys Palmer, who's a major fashion illustrator from vogue ( She was just listed as "Fashion's top 25: people places and pieces" in Spruce Fashion magazine) We also have Alexander McQueens former designer and a bunch of other people most of you probably have no idea and don't care about :P.

But the top school is st. martin's I hear, so I'm trying to get a transfer.

Old Post 12-10-2002 07:43 AM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

oh wow... england! dats really far away! i've been to england tho, and i like it! yeah i'm applying to FIDM as well!! but my first choice is still FIT!

Old Post 12-10-2002 09:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mouko
I need therapy

Which state are you applying to? If you're going to new york you might as well go to Parsons, which is really good.

Old Post 12-12-2002 04:03 AM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Mouko
Which state are you applying to? If you're going to new york you might as well go to Parsons, which is really good.

if i get accepted into FIT, then i'm definitely going there. but if not, then i'm considering cali cuz i use to live in cali so its no problem for me going all the way there!! nah i'm not applying to Parsons - its wayyyy too expensive!!! $40,000 a year!! my parents dun have money like dat!! they gotta send both me and my older sister to school! lolz!! FIT is around $18,000 and dats good enuff for me! plus i dun like Parsons dat much cuz its very... "art"-related whereas FIT is more technology-related. know wat i mean?

Old Post 12-12-2002 02:32 PM
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

Re: fashion shopping online questioneer.

1. no

2. i dunno if this is possible, but wen u hav a color choice, i like to see wut the product loox like in the othr color...most sites just hav a lil bar that givs u the colors it cums in but i like to see the sweater or w/e in the color i want before i buy it

3. i dun buy clothes online, but wen i buy othr stuff i use credit card

4. not realli

5. sure

Old Post 12-13-2002 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpTempo

1) fav. places to shop online
-www.bananarepublic.com
-www.armaniexchange.com
-www.kennethcole.com
-www.polo.com

these places are good because (like you said) easy navigation, easy shopping cart, and fast loading time *but this could be due to fast internet connection* and last i like how they say what material its made out of, always a big help!

2) one thing i dont like about some sites is when there is a shirt or sweater that comes in like 5 different colors and you cant change the color...i noticed most sites you CAN change the color but some you cant.

3) credit card

4) sorry not really into the vintage style

5) not really, everybody has a different style

Old Post 12-16-2002 09:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UpTempo Click here to Send UpTempo a Private Message Find more posts by UpTempo Add UpTempo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote