Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Fashion > i just highlighted my hair!!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

i just highlighted my hair!!

i bought Feria Colour Strands by L'Oreal in Natural Blonde today and highlighted it right away! since my hair is black with previous light brown highlights, i STILL have to highlight it again since the color didnt really show up. it did on the bottom of my tips but from the roots down to the middle, u can barely see the color. i want light brown highlights. any suggestions?

BY THE WAY JUSUN....... we need a Beauty section. we have fashion, but no beauty section to talk about hair stuff, face stuff, makeup, etc. we have a Girls' Room... but i think we need a specific section for girls AND guys to talk abt hair and other beauty stuff. just an idea

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-02-2002 04:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

Uh...bleach what you want and then dye it?
hehe...i don't know much about coloring, but isn't that what they usually do?

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Old Post 08-02-2002 04:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteLee
Uh...bleach what you want and then dye it?
hehe...i don't know much about coloring, but isn't that what they usually do?

umm.. i dunno.. i dun really wanna bleach it.... argh i'm not the best in doing hair stuff cuz i get very lazy and impatient so when it comes to hair, i just do watever. i would LIKE to do crazy and fun things to my hair, but.. laziness and impatience :huh: and i dun feel like paying $80 at the salon to get it highlighted and come out nice.... yeah i can be picky...

Old Post 08-02-2002 04:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

try herbal essences .. pick a nice blonde color.. it should come out cuz i used that to highlight one of my friend's bangs... it came out good.. make sure you get the roots.

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks

Old Post 08-02-2002 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
try herbal essences

AAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
!!!

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 08-02-2002 04:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

.....?

Old Post 08-02-2002 04:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by jini
try herbal essences .. pick a nice blonde color.. it should come out cuz i used that to highlight one of my friend's bangs... it came out good.. make sure you get the roots.

i dun have a problem wit picking a brand.... i like Feria. its quick and easy. just dunno wat to do to make the color lighter cuz my hair is so dark! >_<

Old Post 08-02-2002 04:28 AM
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

hmm.. i dunno then.
i've never dyed my hair ever before. it's still my natural color.
i've highlighted a lot of my friend's hair before... n that worked the best.

hmmmmm.. maybe pick a lighter color?

Old Post 08-02-2002 04:36 AM
tea
Official Pothead

choose a color that would go good with your skin tone

clairol hair color products have really good results, but they dont last long

loreal is the one i always use becuase they last longer

Old Post 08-02-2002 04:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

Since you have black hair, your going to have to use a bleach, preferably at night, then in the morning dye it the color you want, then wait a few days and highlight it. Dont try to do all three step at one time, it will damage your hair.

Old Post 08-02-2002 05:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

or go and get it done prof. for $40-$70. If you think about it, Bleack $10, Hair Dye almost $10, and Highlights $10, so getting it done prof is the best option.

Old Post 08-02-2002 05:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

that can REALLY damage your hair~ thats why i dont get highlights anymore

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 08-02-2002 06:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Ooo... love this topic... I always dye my sisters and aunts hair... so yeah...

this is the way to go...
so lemme take control...
Imma let you know...

puhaha.... (I'm practicing my freestyle)

okai... asians have black hair... so if you want it to be a lighter color like brown... the best thing to do is bleach it... sorrie, that's the best way... and if you dyed your hair black before... then you REALLY have to bleach it... because you used PERMANENT black hair dye... and when it says permanent... it's permanent... trust me, I've tried to die it after I dyed it black... and my roots turned the color and not the parts that I dyed black... so bleach is the best way to go...

either that, or just go to the salon...

Old Post 08-02-2002 07:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
Originally posted by junjinluber33
that can REALLY damage your hair~ thats why i dont get highlights anymore

thats what conditioners for

Old Post 08-02-2002 08:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

thanks everyone for ur suggestions!
i dunno wat to do yet... i just might go to the salon, but its soooo expensive here.... >_<
wellll we'll see wat happens.. and maybe i'll try to bleach... lolz

Old Post 08-03-2002 03:40 PM
MC ChOpStiCkz
gone

dunt dying or bleaching ur hear make it all rough iuno i can't get dye my hair my mom sed its for gay ppl O.o iuno where she got dat idea frum

u should like get highlights :D

Old Post 08-04-2002 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MC ChOpStiCkz Click here to Send MC ChOpStiCkz a Private Message Visit MC ChOpStiCkz's homepage! Find more posts by MC ChOpStiCkz Add MC ChOpStiCkz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by MC ChOpStiCkz
u should like get highlights :D

yess.. dats y i typed "i just highlighted my hair!!" in the subject box..

Old Post 08-04-2002 04:55 AM
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

if u realli want it a lighter color, u shud pick a color of hair dye thaz a couple shades lighter than ur natural hair color. or if u just want highlights, pick the color u want and make it a shade or two lighter cuz u sed ur hair is realli black.

the trick is how long u leave the dye IN ur hair. cuz mai frend and i used the exact same color of dye and i washed it out after about 15 min so mine is realli subtle and kinda highlighted. she left hers in for almost half an hour and it's REALLI red.

hmm...hope that helped...good luck and hav fun!

Old Post 08-05-2002 03:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
XxeggykissesxX
S4ranG foReVer livEs

okay if ur tan go for like blonde orenjEE n white blonde n orange huES like tha ones that ses n stuph n like if u dye first n put in highlights it also makes it look perdier~

if u yoo hab white skin n black hair~ umm maybe a couple of highlights shud do if u put too many it will look to nasty just like 4-5 strands about n very small or slight so it wont be really noticeable n like if u put tha white extension pieces that looks just like u got white highlights it also looks perdee or maybe purple or blue it will look nice~!! cuz if u hab white piboo it alwaise looks eepuh buh if ur all tan n goin for like blue highglights n green ish gonna clash n greens an awful color u shudnt try~

buh if u really dont wanna pay the money at salon n ur not that desperate maybe u cud wait till u come to korea cuz its a bit cheaper^^ buh if ur desperate n u do it wit like home kit stuph im tellin yooh those stuph ruins ur hair bcuz i usta work at like a hairsalon so i know stuph bout hair n plus i did it on mai own so like i wudnt really suggest u doin it by yorself cuz u cud ruin yer hair buh is all up too yoo

BoA Can sing~!! neul is Tha jjang!!!

looks may be deCieVing*

Old Post 08-14-2002 04:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for XxeggykissesxX Click here to Send XxeggykissesxX a Private Message Visit XxeggykissesxX's homepage! Find more posts by XxeggykissesxX Add XxeggykissesxX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

i'm fine with "color in a box" .... no need for fancy beauty salons... yes i'm a very cheap person... lol

well first time i did it it was really orangey.. but then it went like red.. and then it went brown.. now it'sl ike.. i don't know... but soon i'm gonna make it like.... maroon? dark purplish reddish.. i think brown/orange is out.... lol.... did you notice a lot of krn stars hair is black again? or atleast dark.... not like BLONDE....

Old Post 08-15-2002 03:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote