Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Creative Writing > The Dreamer
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Crystal Blue

The Dreamer

Prologue

Two nights ago, I had a dream. It wasn't like any dream you’ve ever had, it was a dream about people I've never met, people I never will meet. I read the story in the newspaper this morning.

"Early afternoon yesterday, Jinnie Kwon, 4, had been walking down the streets with her mother when she dropped her doll on the street. She broke out of her mother's grasp to pick it up when a tractor trailer turned onto the road.
At this same moment, Jaeshin Woo, 73, had been on his way to the supermarket when he saw the young child stall in the path of the oncoming truck. He ran for the child and gracefully scooped her out of the impending vehicle. Kwon was unharmed, but Woo suffered a sprained ankle.
"I'm so grateful that he was there at that moment. He saved my baby," Yoo Rim, the mother of Jinnie affectionately stroked the child's hair..."

The article failed to mention that the old man had lost value in life. His wife had suffered a stroke the week earlier and he had to go the supermarket because there was no food left in the house. While she was in the hospital in critical condition, he had come to the conclusion that living is a repetitive cycle of birth and death and what happens in between doesn't matter because death comes anyway. Seeing the child in the road was like seeing his little dog that had gotten run over when he was seven and without thought, he ran after her and saved her. Spirit moved his legs and adrenaline rushed through him for the first time in twenty years. Feeling her small body in his arms, he was suddenly high on life. A child's life was saved yesterday, along with the man's spirit to live.

I'm a dreamer. I dream of things before they happen. It’s not some sort of voodoo or witchcraft, it was just something I’ve had for most of my life. The dreams come to me as vivid messages before the event actually happen. I don’t know anyone in these dreams, but I know those people exist. I see their faces in newspapers, on TV, and I hear their names through gossip. I know them personally, but I will probably never meet them and they will never know I exist.

But don’t go thinking that I only dream of events and never any personal dreams. I dream them all. Have you ever had that dream where you feel like you’re falling and violently you jolt in your sleep? That’s a common dream of mine, but I know that it’s my dream and not my perception picking up on an event to happen because there’s nothing important happening in them. I can be sure I’m dreaming of the future if it’s dramatic and involves some sort of rebirth. When I was younger, it was really hard to understand this. I once dreamt of my parents bringing me a puppy for my birthday. I would wake up dazed and confused. I would wait expectantly for the puppy, but when my birthday would come, I would not get it. It was simply a desire that my mind was letting loose. It took so much confusion, but I managed to find a method to sort my dreams.

Someone’s talking to me or through me. Someone with divine powers of course. I don’t believe I’m supposed to interfere with the lives of these people, but I’m meant to know these occurrences before they happen. The dreaming began probably ten, twelve years ago. I don’t remember much before then, but I do know I was in a really bad accident. I literally drowned in a pool. The pool’s filter had been left uncovered and as I swam over it, the suction caught my leg. Being a vacuum, the filter pulled me under the water and held me there. According to my parents and the report in the newspaper, I had been near death when my brother realized that I had been underwater for several minutes when I was barely old enough to doggy-paddle. I’ve retraced this path many times and the distance from the pool to the switchboard is a forty-five second run. During those forty-five seconds it took for the lifeguard to get to the switch and in that time, my heart stopped beating. I died. Then BAM, he turned off that switch and the filter let my leg go. I didn’t float to the surface. I drowned; I inhaled water. My body was filled with chlorinated water and there’s no reason I should’ve floated to the surface. In their rush to pull me out, my parents grabbed my by an ankle and dragged out into the land. They weren’t gentle about it. I was hospitalized for days afterwards because in their aggressiveness, my head bonked against the edge of the pool. I was both dead and I had a 3 inch bleeding gash behind my left ear. Thirty-three pumps to the heart and 11 breaths into poor Haneul and she was alive. As I recall, I was put into the hospital for a good 5 days. I had to be heavily drugged for all 109 stitches and semi-drugged afterwards to deal with the pain. Once I was out, I started dreaming. I also became rich and famous. I popped up in newspapers everywhere for a week as the miracle girl. My parents sued the pool place AND the company that built the pool. We were awarded a healthy amount. My parents never need to work again and they can use the money luxuriously to buy whatever their heart desires, but we like to keep everything real. They still own their bridal photo company, “Photo Day” and we still have that shabby Volkswagen. The only difference is that my mom doesn’t have to go to work as often so she took the time to get pregnant again. The baby is due in a month.

So, I became like a satellite dish, picking up receptions of the dramatic future through my dreams. The dreams are very localized though. I have yet to dream of the poor woman in Uzbekistan learning how to read or something as distantly unrelated to me as that. I think I’m supposed to be someone special now. I survived death twice, didn’t I? Drowning and head trauma. I think that day was a test for me, someone tried to kill me twice, but I lived. I’m to do something with this power. I’m meant to be a helper.

Anyway, enough of this babble. I’m going to go outside and place my favorite Barbie in the road. I have to see what it’s like to stand there, listening to the car come and knowing that it’ll crush the poor Barbie unless I save her. I have to connect with Jinnie. Well, not specifically Jinnie, but I think it’s so appropriate to connect with someone in my dreams. I can’t be a bystander; I have to get involved. Experiencing their experiences firsthand will make my life all the richer.

---
The start of the fic I'm currently working on. Hope you like!

Comments, criticisms welcome.

DARN! I'm a sugarbowl!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-04-2002 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crystal Blue Click here to Send Crystal Blue a Private Message Visit Crystal Blue's homepage! Find more posts by Crystal Blue Add Crystal Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

oh .. hmm.... wow that's pretty interesting... how'd you come up with that idea? just curious

eh haneul? haha i don't like her very much...

it's good so far.... are you gonna add other celebrities?

Old Post 06-05-2002 04:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crystal Blue

Chapter 1

Oh wow, this is weird. I hear the car coming, but I’m paralyzed. How did Jinnie do this? What if the car comes before I get Barbie?

I ran and retrieved Barbie. I felt the dedication to my doll AND I felt the adrenaline rush. Two in one shot! I looked at the approaching car to see my handiwork. I kept looking. There was no approaching car. There wasn’t an approaching truck or a motorcycle or a bicycle or a scooter for that matter. I whirled around and there was my neighbor cutting his grass. The hum of the lawnmower was the car that was going to pummel Barbie. I glared at Dongwan.

“What?! What did I do?!” Dongwan stopped the lawnmower and threw his hands up in the air.

“You ruined the ritual!”

“Huh?” he looked at the Barbie and then back at me.

“You know, Barbie’s in the street, and then I have to go and save her when the car comes. I thought your lawnmower was the car!”

“Geez, I’m sorry that I got in between your playing hero to damsel in distress, Barbie,” he waved his arms over his head sarcastically and before I could say a word, he started up the lawnmower and turned away from me.

Sometimes I wish that I had dreams about Dongwan getting kidnapped and made to dress in a cheerleading outfit for his ransom photo. I think a bit of humiliation would be good for someone like him. Ugh. I’ve known him since I was seven and he’s been the same for his entire life. Not only is he clueless and innocent, when he does know what’s going on, he could be very sarcastic. I don’t appreciate his sarcasm.

I walked back indoors, holding my Barbie to my chest tightly. It’s ridiculous to be 17 and still attached to a childhood doll with ill body proportions.

My older brother, Hyesung, gestured to the newspaper article on the table, “You dreamt?”

“Perhaps.” Everyone I was close to knew I dreamt except for my parents. My parents knew I had strange dreams, but they didn’t know about its deadly accuracy.

Hyesung pointed at Barbie, “You were connecting, weren’t you? Was it successful?”

Frustrated, I shrugged, “I thought it did, but the car…it was actually Dongwan on his lawnmower.”

“He’s landscaping again? He spends so much time outdoors working on that land of his. Geez, why don’t you make him do something other than that?”

“Because he’s clueless.”

He chuckled. “Woo Hyuk and Jae Won are coming over in a bit. We’re going to the town with Tony, you want to come?”

I nodded. As an older brother, he always made sure I knew where he was and he knew where I was. How convenient was it when I finished high school a year early and he graduated college the same year? I took the year off so I could graduate with the rest of my friends and Hyesung took off the year because he wanted one last chance at fun before starting a career as a lawyer.

“I thought that I might go out with Hee Jun and Andy later today. They wanted to go clothes shopping and they claim that I’ve been pent up inside and need fun in my life.”

*Ding-Dong*

It was Woo Hyuk and Jae Won. They scampered in like fourteen year olds and gave me giant hugs, “Haneul! Haneul! You want to come with us?” Woo Hyuk and Jae Won were my twin cousins. When they were younger, everyone in the family thought they were identical twins. How could they not be? They had the same small sleepy eyes and feminine jaw. Then puberty hit and Jae Won is now a full head taller than Woo Hyuk. It seems they weren’t as identical as we thought they were.

I laughed, “Don’t worry bout it, I’m covered for today.”

“But you’re ALWAYS busy!” Jae Won whined.

“I know! You never have time to chill with us!” Woo Hyuk pulled on my shirt.

“I’m never busy when you guys are at school,” I winked.

“You want us to cut?” Jae Won’s eyes glittered with the thought.

“Ok, that’s enough out of you guys,” Hyesung ushered the twins out the door. “Have fun with Hee Jun and Andy.”

“Tell Tony I told him to stop wearing those socks.”

“He’ll kill me. You tell him yourself!”

I shoved them out the door and locked it. The house was empty again. All alone.

*CRASH*

Ok, maybe not alone. I already knew the source of the sound. I walked into my backyard, “Eric! Minwoo! What did you do?” The patio table was knocked over on its side.

“Yo yo! It ain’t my fault. We was freestyling and this kigga here thought it’d be tite to busta move on your table. Stupid crackhead was too fat and knocked it down,” Eric placed all the guilt on Minwoo.

“Nah, that ain’t how it is. Yo, Haneul, you know I isn’t bad like that,” Minwoo shook his wrist like he was rapping.

“I don’t care who did it, someone pick up this heavy piece of junk,” I groaned at the single-handed effort to straighten a fallen table.

“Aiite, I got this side, and Woo, you get the other side.”

Eric and Minwoo compiled all two members of the, what I call, “White T-Shirt” gang. They never went anywhere without a white t-shirt wrapped around their head. They thought it looked hardcore and all BA (badass), but it looked like they were wearing turbans. Somehow, they got it into their mind that they’ll be famous rappers one day. To me, they’ll never be anything more than ridiculous neighbors.

“You wanna hear mah rappin?” Minwoo tilted up his chin.

“It’s quite alright. I think I’m going to call some people and go out with them.”

“Yo, Haneul, we cool, right? Why ain’t we chilling like we used to be, yo?” Eric’s speaking skills were worse than any immigrant’s.

“It’s Hee Jun and Andy.”

“Aiites, no, we cool. I think we just gonna stay in you yard. I don’t wanna be caught in a store looking at fancy panties or whatever,” Minwoo reclined on top of the table.

“Just remember, my parents will flip the shit if you mess up our yard like you did last week.”

“Flip the shit, yo! You hear that Woo? Our lil chica said flip the shit. Dang yo, we good!”

I rolled my eyes. Eric and Minwoo have been coming to my backyard since I was ten. Originally, it was to play with Hyesung but since Hyesung’s long grown out of the rapping stage, they just come because they’re used to it. Although we didn’t move once we got awarded all that money, my parents did use some for nice landscaping and backyard expansion. I have the biggest yard in the entire neighborhood and naturally, people flocked there. Unfortunately, all my neighbors and cousins are males. I hear that I actually have female cousins overseas, but I’ve never met them. There’s a plus and a minus to this. I almost always have dates to everywhere, but I don’t have a single female friend.

DARN! I'm a sugarbowl!!

Old Post 06-06-2002 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crystal Blue Click here to Send Crystal Blue a Private Message Visit Crystal Blue's homepage! Find more posts by Crystal Blue Add Crystal Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crystal Blue

Chapter 2

Unfortunately, my parents don’t believe that children should own a car until they’ve graduated college. This of course left me scrubbing off of other people for rides. So, I just sat outside waiting for Hee Jun to give me a lift to the mall.

I’ve had a ton of dreams and by a ton, I mean probably in the thousands. It’s so awe inspiring to have these vivid dreams of people who’s lives change because of a single event or moment. I wonder if my single moment was actually dying so many years ago. I can say that I’ve never been the same afterwards, but I wish that I could look forward to something and know it’s going to make my life better. I feel so alone in all of this. There are so many great things happening to people in the world and I can’t help but say that because I know it’s happening, I’m jealous of them. If I were ignorant, I would believe I lived a perfect life, but I’m not ignorant. I know. Perhaps I’ll dream of myself one day.

*Honk*Honk*

“Haneulya!”

Burst out of my thoughts! Quickly, I grabbed my things and ran into the back seat of the car.

“Hey girl, how’ve you been?” Andy turned around in his seat and smiled at me.

“Great. Thanks guys for the lift.”

“You can always count on us, dear. I’m so glad you’re getting out of the house. It’s not good to stay inside when you can go…shopping!” Hee Jun spoke as he concentrated on backing out of my driveway.

Andy giggled, “Shopping is the root of all good.”

If you couldn’t tell by now, Andy and Hee Jun are a gay couple. They dress fine, like stylish normal teenagers. They’re out of the closet, but are still very uncomfortable to wear women’s clothing. Why? Hee Jun says it’s unflattering to his hips and Andy really likes dressing in hip-hop style. So, yes, they look like normal teenagers on the outside. Andy is more bubbily, enjoying hand gestures and he always gets excited over the littlest things. Hee Jun’s more mellow, but much more artistic and creative.

“So, I read that dream you told me about in the newspaper this morning. I love getting the inside scoop on everything!” Andy chattered. “Did you have a dream last night? Share!”

I shook my head, “No, not really. I was reading up at late hours last night and I just passed out. It wasn’t really going to sleep, just konk and I’m out.”

“Oh darn! It’s too bad though. I really wanted to help you connect today. You know, you almost never ask for our help when you want to connect. Why is that?”

I smiled, “I never ask for anyone’s help unless I need it. It’s just kind of private, you know?”

“Aww,” Andy stuck out his lower lip.

“Don’t go meddling into other people’s business, Andy.” Hee Jun lectured, “It’s their own private business what they do. We should just be happy we got this mole out of her hole!”

“You rhymed!!”

I love watching them bicker. They’re so childish and fun to be around. When Hee Jun isn’t looking, Andy and I butt watch. You’ve done it before! Just sit around and check out all the butts from the jiggles to the rocks. Hee Jun is of course, the ultimate girlfriend. I could tell him anything I want and trust to get a really deep and thoughtful response back.

Hee Jun pulled into the parking lot, “Ladies, we’re here!”

Andy pouted, “I’m NOT a lady! Look at my clothes! I’m a hip-hop artist.”

Those two were at it again.

---

Thanks for reading!

MellowYellow: I can't remember how I thought up the idea. It just came to me! BTW...by Haneul, I didn't mean the little girl singer. I just liked the name. There's all of H.O.T & Shinhwa to come!

DARN! I'm a sugarbowl!!

Old Post 06-06-2002 01:14 AM
Crystal Blue

Chapter 3

“What do you think?” Hee Jun held up a black button down that was very form fitting.

“Try it on!” Andy cheered.

We were at Armani Exchange. I told you, those gay men only have the BEST taste. Hee Jun could’ve found the same shirt at a girl’s bargain store for fourteen times cheaper, but he had to have the brand name. He believes that you can’t have style without class. Perhaps he was right because everything he wore fit him like a fashion designer’s dream.

*Ring*Ring*

My cell phone was ringing. The LCD screen flashed, ‘Jun Jin.’ “Jin?”

“Hey Haneul. Whatcha up to?”

“Oh, nothing much. Doing a bit of shopping with Hee Jun and Andy.”

“You mean, they’re shopping and you’re tagging along.”

“Yeah, so what? You have a problem with that?” I pretended to take a ghetto stance with him. I still have a lot of practice to go before I’ll be all thugged out like Minwoo and Eric.

“We both know they’re shopaholics. By any chance, are you in Armani?”

“You want me to pick something up for you?”

“BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!” A pair of hands reached out and pushed me over. I screamed for all my worth, the pitch and ferocity of the scream changing with each passing moment.

I could hear cackling behind me. I looked up from the floor to find Jun Jin laughing his head off.

So now the philosophical question is: Who or WHAT is a Jun Jin?

Jun Jin is my best friend. He always has been, or at least since I was old enough to have friends. He’s also my next door neighbor, which is how we met when he moved into that house 15 years ago. I wouldn’t so much call him a perfect best friend, but a talker, a listener, a looker, and hella funny. When he was little, Jin always thought it was great having long hair and dressing in clothes way too big, now…well…he’s pimping. Just as I speak, I see Jin’s bitches surround him. Three girls that always dress alike. Today, Sea, Eugene, and Shoo, or S.E.S as they call themselves, are wearing beige tops with maroon pants. They almost always follow Jin when he goes anywhere in public. According to him, he never tells them where he’s going, they somehow know and show up right as he arrives. They don’t say much either. Everything that comes out of their mouth seems to be about how great Jin is, who’s head should’ve swelled if he actually cared about what he looked like.

“OMG, I should hate you right now!” I held up a hand for me to pull me off the ground.

“Hate me? No way!”

“Jin is unhateable,” Eugene threw in as if she didn’t know that we were best friends.

“So, what’re you doing here?” I asked, now that I had dusted my bum off.

“Nothing really. Window shopping, I guess. Hey, could I come over and go swimming in your pool?”

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. My parents added a nice pool to my backyard a few years ago. I guess we’re not so modest after all.

“Sure,” I shrugged. “When do you want to come?”

“Whenever you go back home.”

I could already see Sea, Eugene, and Shoo sharing looks that said, ‘Ok, swimming at Haneul’s house. Wear the nice two piece.’

“How do I look?” Hee Jun arrived from the dressing room with his well fitting shirt. He twirled around so we could admire how the shirt hugged his waist.

“Great, Jun!” Jun Jin clapped loudly, “More more! WhoO! Take it off!”

Hee Jun seductively unbuttoned the top button.

Andy protectively jumped in between the two men, “Fantastic!”

“What about you Haneul? What do you think?”

“Jun, I think you look really good. Go buy it.”

The couple shifted over to the counter to purchase the shirt.

“They’re so adorable, aren’t they?” I asked sentimentally, more to myself than to Jun Jin.

Jin struck a pose and looked down at his pecs, “I know. Babe magnets.”

“Really.”

“They are.”

“You should model.”

The S.E.S trio speaks again. I told you they only compliment Jin. I think the three of them together have the IQ of a rock.

I shook my head at Jin’s pec’s and pushed him to the side. “Dork.”

“Sea! Where’s that bag I gave you?” Jin looked around.

I told you they were his bitches. Jin’s hands were free, but they were all holding at least two bags each. Jin was also a shopping freak.

“Here it is,” she held out a small bag.

“I called earlier to see if you wanted to go to the mall and Minwoo said something that sounded like, ‘She be doing her thang with the chicas at the mall, yo.’ So, I figured you probably didn’t eat before you left…and here’s breakfast!” he shoved a bag of cinnamon-sugar pretzels into my hand. My absolute favorite kind of soft pretzels.

That’s why we were best friends. Jin always took the time to make people feel special. He knows I rarely eat breakfast because I’m always too occupied to even think of food. Jin was quite the character.

“Ok, we’re done!” Andy smiled happily.

“Shoo?”

“Here, Jin!” she held out a tiny bag.

“Guys, I know this sounds really sentimental and mushy, but I know your five month anniversary is coming up in a week or so and I’m not sure if I’ll see you before then or not…” Jin looked down at the floor, “But I got you this,” he thrust out the bag.

“That’s so sweet of you, doll. You didn’t have to,” Hee Jun was obviously touched despite his words.

“Omigosh! Is this what I THINK it is?”

“What is it, dear?”

“COUPLING RINGS!”

---

I figured I should finish posting this story up. XP

DARN! I'm a sugarbowl!!

Old Post 08-27-2002 06:07 PM
Crystal Blue

Chapter 4

Sitting in the passenger seat of Jin’s car with S.E.S in the back, we were on our way home. As usual, I purchased only one thing, a short skirt to show off the tan of my sun-kissed legs. The entire trunk was filled with Jun Jin’s shopping purchases ranging from shirts, boxers, socks, to sneakers, and hair gel. He goes shopping only once a month, but when he does, he goes all out.

Hee Jun and Andy drove off in their car, mumbling something about dinner. Although their obvious care for each other was evident in the public, their relationship was a step deeper and they took every opportunity to enjoy fancy dinners and quiet time alone. What a dear couple. Perhaps I’ll find a man like them, preferably straight.

“Let’s sing a song. The ride home is like 15 minutes,” Jin tapped on his wheel impatiently, almost begging the traffic signal to turn green.

Without a moment to reflect, S.E.S broke out into song in perfect beat, rhythm, and harmony. Well, not really, Shoo’s voice was flat, but Bada was doing a good enough job for both of them. They sang nonstop all the way back home.

Jin ran back to his house to change into a swim suit and S.E.S put on the new bikinis they bought. Amazing how they seem to have an abundance of money to prepare themselves for any situation that involved Jun Jin. When they realized they wouldn’t get a chance to go home, they disappeared for half an hour to return with matching bikinis! As for me, I sat on the porch with Minwoo and Eric, watching them fobstyle.

“Yo, yo, Haneulya, where be your chicas?” considering that the sentence had a verb and a noun, although misplaced, this was Minwoo, the more novice of the White T-Shirt gang.

“Andy and Hee Jun?”

“They yo.” That was Eric talking.

“They went to dinner. I came home with Jin.”

“Yea, them fine girls be here. Yo, I’m up for some chichi watching, right Eric?” Minwoo made a very satisfied expression.

“Damn, yo, them sexy bitches be rocking the boat. Oh shizznizz, they nekkid!” Eric’s eyes widened.

They weren’t naked, but those bikinis couldn’t get any smaller or more transparent for that matter. As the girls giggled their way to the pool, the White T-shirt gang scurried after them. Jin came eventually in a pair of Speedos, because he likes to keep the tan lines down to minimum, not because he likes tight clothing. Not in the mood to swim, I lied on the lawn chair…and almost immediately fell asleep.

A pair of beautiful tan hands glided their way across ivory piano keys. The song was slow, the melody didn’t need skill to play, but the meaning of each note and the emotions pressed into each key overwhelmed the senses. Soft fingers, strong notes, and a beautiful spirit.

“Haneul?”

A shadow fell over my eyes and I awoke with a start. I coughed softly, as if to get rid of the last of the dream.

“Are you ok?” Jun Jin patted me softly on my back. The coughs subsided.

“Fine. What’s wrong?”

He smiled, “Nothing. I was sunbathing next to you for a while. You looked really content…”

“But?”

Minwoo jumped in, “Yo, and then you gots like those chicken skin shizz. You was like cold, yo!”

Jin confirmed it, “You did look a little cold. I just wanted to make sure you were ok.”

“Thanks Jin.”

“Were you dreaming?”

“Yeah, but I don’t think it was THAT kind.”

The song still lingered in my mind. Was this an ordinary dream or a dream of the impending future? I was confused. The notes slurred and started to soften. Pianissimo. Nothing more. Once the song left, I couldn’t remember any of the notes. Did I even dream of a person playing the piano? Why would I dream of a song I’ve never heard, hands I’ve never seen? Obviously, I couldn’t have dreamt such a dream. It neither told of the upcoming future nor had anything familiar or remotely tied to my current life.

I heard a car pulling into the driveway. Car doors opened and slammed shut. Hyesung was back.

“Ha*NE*ul!!!!” with a voice that cracked as much as that, there was no possible way I could mistake Tony’s greetings for anyone else’s. He’s Woo Hyuk’s best friend and almost like another cousin. Tony…well…he was Tony. It’s hard to describe someone so strange. Let’s leave it at, he’s still wondering when the full bloom of puberty will hit.

“To*NY*!!” I imitated his changing voice.

“That’sss *NOT* cool! I’m *OLD*er than you!” Did I also mention that he has a lisp?

“Are you still wearing those socks?”

Tony looked at his legs. He was wearing a pair of black knee high socks. “So what if I am?”

“Tony, take them off!”

“But you know…” he whispered into my ear, “That I don’t have any leg hair.”

I whispered back, “Neither does Hyesung and he doesn’t wear high socks.”

“But he never wears shorts either.”

“True…” Tony won the battle. I will win the war!

---

I hope it isn't TOO annoying that it's like...triple spaced between the paragraphs. It copies and pastes like that.

DARN! I'm a sugarbowl!!

Old Post 08-27-2002 06:08 PM
Crystal Blue

Chapter 5

*Beep*

The heart monitor whines. She needs a transfusion. In the car accident, she lost nearly three pints of blood. She’ll need a transfusion to survive. Fifteen years old and out underage drinking and driving with her friends. It seems like a story out of bad drunk driving pamphlet, but it’s Na Young’s life.

*Beep*

She’s losing more blood as the seconds tick by. The only thing holding back the doctors is the rarity of her blood type and the fact that her twin sister was in the same accident. Her sister suffered a greater loss. There’s not enough blood for the both of them.

*Beep*

The doctors make a decision. Na Young needs the blood, but her sister needs it more vitally. The blood will be given to her sister, but Na Young is not going to be left to die. The doctors are going to give her “fake” blood. A baggie of thick red liquid is hooked to the IV line trailing out of her arm. It’s the color of punch and it’s synthetic, not alive. Despite this, it’ll do the job. She’ll live. Her sister will have a metal rod inserted into her back and Na Young will be there loving her twin every moment of the way and supporting every step of her paralysis. She’ll become an advocate against drinking and driving and she will support the use of the experimental synthetic blood that saved her life. At sixteen, she’ll start a national organization and show everyone what happens to people who don’t care.

*Beep*

It was the sound of my alarm clock, not a heart monitor that awoke me.

I groggily looked at the blinking numbers and contemplated sleeping some more. 10:30 was beyond early for someone who didn’t have sleep, especially someone who spent the entire night flashlight messaging Jun Jin. Ha! Jin went to bed at like 4:30 and had to wake up by 7:15 to get to school on time. Should I sleep more? Last night, I slept later than Jin. My toenails practically begged for me to paint them. I admired my sea green nails with flower tattoos. Sleep? My stomach grumbled. I guess no sleep.

Throwing on a robe and slippers, I padded down the steps. I could smell bacon and eggs. Hyesung was already up. It amazes me that he could cook so much better than I can. The only thing I can do is make cookies, cakes and other things that rot your teeth. I pulled up to the table and parked my butt on a chair.

Without a word, Hyesung slipped a plate under my nose.

“Thanks.”

He shrugged, “That’s what big brothers are for, right?”

“That and to take me shopping.”

“You just went shopping yesterday! You’re such a girl!”

“Well…” I stuck out my chest, “You’re such a boy. You and those…those…long pants…and boots…and…your oven mitt…” I need more practice from Eric and Minwoo to be faster at dissing.

Hyesung shook silently with laughter, “You were up late last night flashlighting, weren’t you?”

“You can tell?”

“You look really tired. Go back to sleep after breakfast, ok?”

“I dreamed last night.”

“Need help with anything?”

“Not right now. I’m just going to go back to bed.”

Hyesung was a good brother. He’s very sensitive, but he knows when to care and when not to.

When I woke up, he was gone. He left a note on the fridge saying that he went to a karaoke bar. He likes to sing a lot, but mostly without his friends watching and a karaoke bar is just what he needs to suit his hobby.

Na Young’s car accident won’t be occurring in the next few days or so, but since I’m so aimless, I decided I’d connect with her. I wouldn’t get into a car accident, but I’ll try to help another person live. I picked up the phone and called Jun Jin’s handphone.

“Haneul?” a groggy voice asked.

“You sound so dead. Did you get ANY sleep at all last night?”

“Like an hour. I fell asleep in class. The teacher made me go to the nurse. I’m supposedly taking a nap right now, but I’m contemplating going home.”

“If you come home, you can drive me to the hospital.”

Jin’s voice perked up, “Are you pregnant?”

“Of course, you’re my baby daddy. Didn’t you know?” I played along.

“In that case, I’ll be home in fifteen minutes. I’m getting sick of this school place. They can give me a cut, but I need my SLEEP.”

“Be careful on the ride home!”

In half an hour, we were at the hospital. Being such a wimp, Jin stayed in the car. He freaks out at the sight of blood and he would faint just watching me donate some. I walked into the hospital alone and alone, found the front desk.

“Hi. I’d like to donate blood,” the end of my sentence trailed upwards as a sign of my uncertainty.

The nurse peered over her long nose and thick rimmed glasses, “How old are you?”

“I just turned eighteen.” A lot of people asked that question because of these lovely round cherubic baby cheeks. I can’t help looking like I’m 12 and not 18. It’s not my fault that Korean genetics made me 5’2.

She handed me the forms and continued to play solitaire, “Fill them out.”

I skimmed over them, “Why do you need to know my address and if I spent 6 months total in Europe?”

“We need the address and number to contact you in case we find something wrong with the blood. If you’ve been to Europe, you can’t be a donor based on the new Red Cross rules.”

“Oh.” I shut up and filled the arduous forms. I was eligible as a blood donor.

I was directed to a room and I sat there simply waiting. I never had blood drawn before in my life and didn’t know what to expect. Would they stick a syringe in me and simply withdraw the blood? Then how does the blood get into those bags?

The answer to all my questions came through the door. She was 6’1, butch beyond belief, broad shouldered, short haired, and THICK. Fat squished out of her tiny shoes like baked bread. She held in her hand a basket with everything needed for the procedure. Her name was Ms. Hwang.

“Hello!” her thick voice bellowed.

I trembled, “Ok…”

“Are you scared?”

Scared of the blood? No. Scared of her? Yes. “Umm…I don’t know what to expect…”

“A first timer! We’ll have to use the butterfly needle on you. Let me see your arms.”

I held them out and she poked the inside part of my forearm. Having swum frequently, I had thick veins running all over the place. She found her victim and squealed with delight.

“Would you like to lie down?”

“I guess. Will I get to see the procedure?”

“Sure, just tilt to the side and you can watch.” She was awfully nice for someone who looked like a bulldog.

She tied a rubber string around my upper arm. While the cold rubbing alcohol was drying on my skin, I felt a prick as the butterfly needle slid into my vein. Fascinated, I watched as the blood flowed up the tube and into the bag. I never knew blood moved so quickly! Within moments, the bag was filled. The nurse smiled warmly and pinched out the needle. As she put a Band-Aid over the small hole, she asked, “How are you feeling?”

“It wasn’t as dramatic as I thought it would be.”

“Good! You were very calm for a first timer.”

“Thanks.” I sat up. I wasn’t dizzy at all. I felt like an ox, not someone who just donated a bag of blood.

I went out to the car, absolutely beaming at the new accomplishment. The nurse tried to give me some money for the donation, but I refused. Donating blood is certainly something to add to the list of things I will do because of my dreams.

When I stepped into the car, Jin grinned, “Did you eat today?”

“Huh? Yeah. I had bacon and eggs, why?”

“Did you know that they don’t really want you eating before blood tests because they can see globules of white fat in your blood?”

DARN! I'm a sugarbowl!!

Old Post 08-27-2002 06:09 PM
Crystal Blue

Chapter 6

I had a strange dream last night. Basically, it had no point. A man stood alone on the beach, the cold water splashing against his ankles, soaking his slacks. His hands were shoved deep into his pockets, as if to protect them from the cold. They were beautiful hands and I already knew it. They were the same hands that played the piano in my daydream. A tall lean figure stood alone on the beach, his blonde streaked hair ruffled by the wind, his hands in his pockets, and his body emanating sadness. He didn’t say anything. He just stood on the beach staring far into the distance. I learned his name. He is Chil Hyun.

Still confused, I went down and sat on the front porch sipping a glass of orange juice. The scenery of the neighborhood was serene. I focused my attention on Dongwan, who was of course landscaping as usual.

I heard a giggle to my left and I turned to see Eugene, probably the prettiest of the S.E.S clones. It amazed me that none of her features are individually beautiful, such as her large forehead and small square teeth, but arranged the way they are on her face, they make a very pretty girl. Interestingly, she was alone this time. She was just standing on Jun Jin’s front lawn with a hose in her hand, watering the lawn perhaps, all alone with no Jin, no Sea, and no Shoo.

Just thinking about what she could be doing, I turned back to Dongwan. He was more exciting with his dark, buff body. He fit the definition of dumb jock. I’m sure if I tried hard enough, I could be his friend, but he was more fun to look at than talk to.

It seemed like Dongwan had also heard Eugene’s giggle. He stopped with his hoe raised mid-air, jaw dropped. His eyes were so wide, he looked like a deer frozen into place by a car’s headlights.

Eugene pressed the handle of the hose and water squirted onto a bed of flowers. She giggled again.

The hoe fell out of Dongwan’s hand, but otherwise, he remained motionless. Perhaps if I were closer, I might’ve seen that he had a glob of drool hanging off of the side of his mouth.

“Eugene! What are you doing?” Jun Jin came out of his house.

Dongwan immediately ran behind a bush and peered around the edges. If Dongwan were a color at that moment, he would have been greener than the bush.

“I’m trying to water your flowers!”

Jin just slapped his head, “Fine.” He looked on my front porch, like he always does when outside. He waved, “Haneul!!” He jogged over.

“Shh!!”

“What?! I didn’t say anything!!”

“Watch Dongwan.”

“I don’t see him.”

“He’s behind the bush. Over there, you see?” I pointed Jin’s arm at the bush.

“Oh, I see. What’s he doing?”

“Has he never seen Eugene before?”

“I don’t know. Eugene’s never watered the front yard before.”

I giggled, “How attractive that must seem. A pretty girl watering the lawn. He probably thinks she’s a landscaping freak like he is.”

Jin poked me, “Watch this. Eugene!”

“Yes, Jinie?” she smiled sweetly.

“Look behind that flower box on the front step and see if you can find my house key. I might have dropped it there,” he winked at me.

Eugene was wearing an outfit inappropriate for any form of gardening. With a tight leather mini-skirt held together by strings and a small white halter, she couldn’t squat; Eugene could only bend over if she wanted to look behind the box. She bent over, showing off her leathered ass to the entire neighborhood.

Giggling, Jin and I held onto each other, attempting not to laugh out loud as we watched Dongwan.

At first, his head merely poked out from behind the bush. When he saw what was going on, his eyes widened.

“Jun Jin, I don’t think I see anything.”

“Look for another couple of seconds. If you don’t see anything, then don’t worry about it.”

“Ok!” Eugene’s ass rotated as she looked for the key.

Dongwan’s thick muscular body sprawled itself out in the center of his manicured lawn. He fainted.

DARN! I'm a sugarbowl!!

Old Post 08-27-2002 06:10 PM
MellowYellow

wow updated a lot while i was gone....

Old Post 08-31-2002 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chinesegrl

:thumbup: you're going to end up with the best selling novel

Old Post 09-28-2002 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chinesegrl Click here to Send Chinesegrl a Private Message Visit Chinesegrl's homepage! Find more posts by Chinesegrl Add Chinesegrl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote