Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Anime > live action anime
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Yu Lin

live action anime

well i was browsing through some anime news sites the other day and found news of a live action evangelion movie being made. Personally i think this is a retarded idea, because any anime that gets converted to real life w/ real people tends to suck. (G Savior anyone?) Wat r ur thoughts on this?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-24-2003 04:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Yu Lin Click here to Send Yu Lin a Private Message Visit Yu Lin's homepage! Find more posts by Yu Lin Add Yu Lin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

yrah reall life anime seems crappy to me... i saw pix of like sailor moon in a play... looked stupid

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 05-25-2003 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
orange

Haha. I remember the Gundam anime which was filmed with real actors. It was pretty homosexual.

Old Post 05-26-2003 06:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for orange Click here to Send orange a Private Message Visit orange's homepage! Find more posts by orange Add orange to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

quote:
Originally posted by AZN Pinoy BOI
yrah reall life anime seems crappy to me... i saw pix of like sailor moon in a play... looked stupid

haha~ i would like to see that.. would be madd funnie xP

they juss seem weird =T

Old Post 05-26-2003 07:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

and people thought making comic books into movies was "retarded." I think they turned out rather good, wait and see.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-26-2003 05:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aka
the one and only

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
and people thought making comic books into movies was "retarded." I think they turned out rather good, wait and see.

word.

Old Post 05-28-2003 03:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aka Click here to Send aka a Private Message Visit aka's homepage! Find more posts by aka Add aka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

but alot of anime characters are drawn different than comic characters... comic characters r more realistic

wana chat?

Old Post 05-29-2003 02:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

with anime, the imagination and creations are possibly endless with a simple piece of pencil and paper... i doubt that real life characters can possibly imitate anime and their source of originiality, now matter how awesome the director or special effects are

Old Post 06-04-2003 01:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
with anime, the imagination and creations are possibly endless with a simple piece of pencil and paper... i doubt that real life characters can possibly imitate anime and their source of originiality, now matter how awesome the director or special effects are

pencil and paper?

computer and mouse?

what is the difference...i really do not understand how one cannot immitate anime's profound "originality" this way.

-Cromwell

Old Post 06-04-2003 05:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tekromancer

it looks awesome in my opinion, and the people that worked on the graphics for the lord of the rings (weta workshop) are participating in this eva production. i found this image they designed, and it looks great to me. evangelion is my favourite anime and if it becomes live, it would be interesting. to have my fav anime continue is very good news to me.

http://members.optushome.com.au/tokio/

Old Post 06-19-2003 10:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tekromancer Click here to Send tekromancer a Private Message Visit tekromancer's homepage! Find more posts by tekromancer Add tekromancer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
orange

Obviously you people have not seen any live anime movies. It's like making a real life pokemon movie, do you guys think a real life pokemon movie would turn out good? yes?

Although, GTO soap opera turned out pretty good, it's not a movie. It would suck to see a 1h30m gto film.

for me, a guy dressed up as Pikachu poping out of no where saying "Pika?" is not worth money or time.

ps. What about Comic book movies? dare devil sucked and hulk looks too 3d, making him look retarded and unrealistic.

pps. Go watch ultraman on Fox and tell me that's the best thing you have ever seen.

Old Post 06-19-2003 01:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for orange Click here to Send orange a Private Message Visit orange's homepage! Find more posts by orange Add orange to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI

quote:
Originally posted by tekromancer
it looks awesome in my opinion, and the people that worked on the graphics for the lord of the rings (weta workshop) are participating in this eva production. i found this image they designed, and it looks great to me. evangelion is my favourite anime and if it becomes live, it would be interesting. to have my fav anime continue is very good news to me.

but notice that LORT was never an anime

we see the cartoon base of a show and expect it that way, the faces different then an actual person or a comic book, u never saw LORT as an anime, only as a movie so u don't have to expect anyone to look like something u saw before, but a anime series, u obviously seen pictures, the show or just little samples of it, seeing the characters u expect the person to look like that

I agree wid orange on one part, seeing RL pokemon or any other animes.... it'll look.... different, and surely the same i won't spend my own money on it

comics... some r ok i mean like spiderman... x-men, even the old batman wasn't bad but yeah... hulk lookz too 3Dish.... but where can we find a guy that big o.O;;

wana chat?

Old Post 06-19-2003 02:55 PM
orange

quote:
Originally posted by AZN Pinoy BOI

comics... some r ok i mean like spiderman... x-men, even the old batman wasn't bad but yeah... hulk lookz too 3Dish.... but where can we find a guy that big o.O;;

My point exactly, the hulk movie will suck because it looks too animated therefore shouldn't be made in to a movie at all.

Old Post 06-20-2003 01:05 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by orange
Obviously you people have not seen any live anime movies. It's like making a real life pokemon movie, do you guys think a real life pokemon movie would turn out good? yes?

obviously you have not seen the old spiderman movie. I do not think it is fair to say live anime movies would be a bad idea based on past failures. It has been awhile.

-Cromwell

Old Post 06-20-2003 01:29 AM